Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    ABsolutely AMAZING!!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing transformation! You're an inspiration!
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    Whew! Is it hot in here? :blushing:

Congratulations!
  • JenG_2011
    JenG_2011 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've got to wash some clothes.. can I borrow your abs?? Holy Cannoli dude, you are ripped!!
  • Tomato522
    Options
    Congrats!! That is a big transformation!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Your hard work most definitely shows. This makes me want to go lift weights!
  • Deathscall
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic dedication!
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    One year ago I was 210+ lbs and growing. When I saw some pictures from a wedding I was at I was very upset at how overweight I had let myself get.

Here is one of the pics from the wedding.
    Weddingpics2.jpg

I told my wife to sign us up for the gym. Spent a couple days with a personal trainer but was not really happy with the program he put me on so I started trying to learn everything I could about weight loss, body building, nutrition and so on. The amount of terrible information out there is overwhelming but eventually I found what worked for me and that I could stick with for the rest of my life.

At first I just worked out hard and didnt worry about diet and I did see some results. Most beginners will see results no matter what they do. : ) But the weight loss slowed way down and I started MFP to start counting calories. I didnt start any particular diet or cut anything out. I just reduced overall calories and learned to fit fast food and junk food into my daily calories. Plenty of cheat days were thrown in but I tried to keep them to a minimum. My goal from the beginning was to lose 1 pound per week and maintain as much muscle mass as possible. The last bit of weight did take much longer though. But even with the slow down at the end I was still able to meet my weight loss goal of 50lbs in one year. Not a record but I think I was able to keep the vast majority of my muscles and may have even added a little in some places.

I lift weights 3-4 days per week. I try to keep the lifting under 60 minutes and add 10-30 minutes of cardio. The rest of the days of the week I just rest to recover and repair.

transformation160640x339600x318.jpg

P1030279800x572640x458400x286.jpg

Those abs are from lifting weights? Wow! I am clueless on weights.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Additionally, not sure if you were just standing uneven (or having back issues) but your posture is a ton better! Healthy back!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    holy s**t sherlock! That is fantastic!! :smokin:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
    fabulous job!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Awesome job brother! You show what can be done with commitment, determination and discipline! Fabulous!
  • kruggsy
    kruggsy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic. Great job!
  • davlaur
    davlaur Posts: 34
    Options
    well done !!! :smile:
  • Jbearbarnes
    Jbearbarnes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your dedication and hard work have really paid off!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Additionally, not sure if you were just standing uneven (or having back issues) but your posture is a ton better! Healthy back!

Yes I had terrible posture and had chronic sciatica pain. Pain has been gone for months now.
  • jim_neptune
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I started my weight loss back on Mothers Day I also was at 210 and now I am at 180 and my body type very similar to yours at 180. Your story provides me some motivation to get down to my goal weight of 160.

Great Job.
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Every time i feel like giving up and see one of you on MFP doing it and achieving your goals, inspire me to keep on going and trying harder... was about to have a piece of Amaretto cake just now, i just put that away LOL... thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    how inspiring and you look great! thanks for sharing :D
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Those abs are from lifting weights? Wow! I am clueless on weights.

No the abs are just from losing body fat. They were always there just hiding. : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!