1 Year Transformation -50lbs w/ pics

Options

Replies

• susiebear29
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!! what else is there to say?!!!!! well done!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I wish my body can transform as well as yours did. Men have it made :) Good job!

We are really no different. A lot of women just shy away from heavy strength training and that is the key. Anyone can lose "weight" by dieting and doing tons of cardio but to make sure the vast majority of your weight loss come from "fat" and not muscle loss you need to do resistance training.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    bet your wife's happy!!
  • beatoks
    beatoks Posts: 63
    Options
    congratulations on such an Awesome transformation
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    One year ago I was 210+ lbs and growing. When I saw some pictures from a wedding I was at I was very upset at how overweight I had let myself get.

Here is one of the pics from the wedding.
    Weddingpics2.jpg

I told my wife to sign us up for the gym. Spent a couple days with a personal trainer but was not really happy with the program he put me on so I started trying to learn everything I could about weight loss, body building, nutrition and so on. The amount of terrible information out there is overwhelming but eventually I found what worked for me and that I could stick with for the rest of my life.

At first I just worked out hard and didnt worry about diet and I did see some results. Most beginners will see results no matter what they do. : ) But the weight loss slowed way down and I started MFP to start counting calories. I didnt start any particular diet or cut anything out. I just reduced overall calories and learned to fit fast food and junk food into my daily calories. Plenty of cheat days were thrown in but I tried to keep them to a minimum. My goal from the beginning was to lose 1 pound per week and maintain as much muscle mass as possible. The last bit of weight did take much longer though. But even with the slow down at the end I was still able to meet my weight loss goal of 50lbs in one year. Not a record but I think I was able to keep the vast majority of my muscles and may have even added a little in some places.

I lift weights 3-4 days per week. I try to keep the lifting under 60 minutes and add 10-30 minutes of cardio. The rest of the days of the week I just rest to recover and repair.

transformation160640x339600x318.jpg

P1030279800x572640x458400x286.jpg

Holy crap dude. I am jealous. Great job man. You are kicking *kitten*.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Wow thats great that you completed your goal! Now can you post your weight lifting routine up?

Got a lot of messages on this already so I will just post it here. :happy:

I do some cardio but just enough for a good warm up or to get a good heart and lung workout. I dont really do it for calorie burning.

Here is my usual weightlifting routine.

Monday-Chest and arms
    Inclined Dumbbells press
    Chest press-Hammer Strength (I would do barbell bench but I work out alone most days and I can really push myself with dumbbells and hammer strength)
    Cable chest flies-(usually vary the angle each set low middle high)
    Dips-(still doing assisted with a machine)
    Cable rope pulldowns
    Reverse grip cable push downs
    Dumbbell curls (standing, alternating)
    Reverse grip barbell curls
    Preacher bench Zottman curls

Tuesday-Legs and Core
    Squats
    Leg extensions
    Leg press (higher volume)
    Ham curls
    Calf raises
    Walking lunges with dumbbells (I sometimes skip this one but I shouldnt) : )
    Dragon Flags, hanging leg lifts, and or ab machine.

Wed-usually off

Thursday-Back and Shoulders
    Assisted pull ups
    Dead lifts
    Wide grip lat pull downs
    Cable rows
    Bent over barbell rows or dumbbell rows (I have been switching back and forth on these)
    Close grip cable pull downs
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Barbell military press
    Side lateral rasies
    Rear delt flies (machine)

If I work out on Fri Sat or Sun I will usually repeat chest or back day but add in the core workout form leg day.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's awesome! I bet your wife is pleased with your success. :)
  • Lori_Henz
    Lori_Henz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Remarkable!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Wohoo! Great job!
  • fatima147
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Annette8479
    Annette8479 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    NO WAY! This is such an inspirataion in such little time!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Im reading this on my phone, so i just saw the 200 to 180 photos and thought you looked good.
    Then i saw the final pic and WOOAH there! You look amazing! Totally ripped! Well done x
  • SAMBALLS1
    SAMBALLS1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    FREAKIN AWESOME! WOW! You look Great! Great Motivation!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look amazing!
  • ntarrence
    ntarrence Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look awesome........really awesome!!:noway:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I wish my body can transform as well as yours did. Men have it made :) Good job!

Men do lose weight easier...wanna know why? Testosterone and more muscle mass (also not so many hormonal issues). Want similar results? Train like men do. Lift heavy weights. We should not train differently at all. Train like a man to look like a goddess.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Good Gravy! I am drooling! Nice!
  • trevors_memaw
    Options
    oh my my my...no pun intended, but if ur wife ever leaves, call my mother:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!