I wear makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a conversation I have with my 6 year olds ........ WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!!!!! Who gives a rats *kitten* what other's do.... I work too hard at the gym to notice your face of make up, do the same and you might just achieve your goals a little sooner!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I also wear leggings, wear cutesy shirts with fun sayings on them, have my nails painted, and I put on deodorant. I know that this basically is like 10 strikes in some people's opinions, but I work out after work and I could care less about washing my face.
    Just because I do these things does that make me any less serious while being there? I see alot of hate about these things. Can't we all just be encouraging? It's hard enough without MFP ppl bashing each other!

Okay, first, I totally understand the "going to the gym after work, and I just don't wash my makeup off before working out". I do this myself. Also, I don't spend alot of money on workout clothes, but I don't wear ratty t-shirts and worn out basketball shorts either. I don't think you're the type these other people are talking about. The ones they're referring to are the girls who come in to the gym ALREADY dressed in their "workout" gear (so it's obvious that they did not just come from work), then get on the tread mill at a slow walk for fifteen minutes, while chattering on their cell phone or to the person next to them the whole time. They're in the gym for less than thirty minutes and never break a sweat or get their HR elevated.

Second, for my part, it's not so much that I dislike them or that I'm "hating" on them. I just don't understand it. When I go to the gym, if I'm not soaked in sweat by the end of my workout, I don't feel like I've benefitted from being there. I hate having to go to the gym after working all day, so if I'm going to go to the trouble, I'm going to make it worth my time.

Thank you.

i could really care less either way, but i think it is funny that you think it is OBVIOUS they didn't come from work because they are dressed in gym clothes? REALLLY wow you are so smart.

I used to get changed at work ALL THE TIME...go in the bathroom stall, change, leave.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    WHY DOES ANYONE CARE?!?!?!?!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Think you missed my point.

Looking fine and working hard is great.
    Looking fine and not working out at all (while at a gym) is just vanity.

Surely its all vanity?

Why look like a bag of nails, just at the gym? Where is the logic?
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i wear eye makeup to the gym.. i go to the gym in the evenings and i take off my foundation with a makeup wipe because i HATE sweating with foundation on. if i didn't mind my makeup running down my face, i'd wear it too! i have nothing against you.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    If you are sweating like a pig when doing cardio you are going far to fast to burn fat. If thats your goal anyway...

i sweat like crazy during weights and HIIT training lol its doesnt matter. I am just a sweater in general i guess lol

HIIT is a different kettle of fish however. Most people don't do HIIT!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I still don't see the big deal!

Yesterday on my 1.5 hour lunch break I decided to go to the rec center and walk instead of sitting around waiting for my next class.

Got on the treadmill and walked at a slow pace so I wouldn't get all sweaty, left my hair down, and makeup on.
    WHOA I AM SUCH A LAZY *kitten* BARBIE DOLL

or people are too quick to judge.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I prefer women to wear makeup at the gym. I love eye-candy.

To every girl that gets dolled up before the gym, I say "Thank you! <3"

Those hot women inspire me to workout harder so I can get their attention one day.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    It's so stupid to wear MAKEUP at the GYM! How ridiculous you can't actually be putting much effort into your workout if you have to look like a pretty princess! Me, on the other hand..I don't even wash my HAIR before going to the gym, I wear dirty sweat shorts and I don't care if my legs are hairy. I don't see the point in showering before I go to the gym, I just dump a little baby powder down my underpants and walk out the door.

Just kidding, omg. Who doesn't enjoy a pretty face? I'll tell ya who...ugly people.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If I look good, I feel good. If I feel good, I work hard! If I look like crap, I'm just not going to work as hard.

In my opinion: No shame in wanting to look your best so that you perform your best!

^^THIS EXACTLY! I'm a woman, and I want to look like one. I don't want to have to LOOK like a hag just to prove I'm working hard.

OP, how are your cats doing??:tongue:
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    It's so stupid to wear MAKEUP at the GYM! How ridiculous you can't actually be putting much effort into your workout if you have to look like a pretty princess! Me, on the other hand..I don't even wash my HAIR before going to the gym, I wear dirty sweat shorts and I don't care if my legs are hairy. I don't see the point in showering before I go to the gym, I just dump a little baby powder down my underpants and walk out the door.

Just kidding, omg. Who doesn't enjoy a pretty face? I'll tell ya who...ugly people.

LOL that was awesome
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    I don't understand why people think that if you aren't sweating like a pig then you shouldn't even be at the gym
    Anyone explain? :huh:
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    I don't understand why people think that if you aren't sweating like a pig then you shouldn't even be at the gym

They think fast = better.

No, faster = cardiovascular work and the great chance of muscle loss and thus fatter person at the end of it.

Rule of thumb - if you can't keep a good conversation without stopping and panting etc, you are going too fast. I go no more than 110-130bpm and I always get sub 5% BF for comps...
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

LOL that was awesome

:laugh: "I just dump a little baby powder down my underpants...." NICE!!!! :love:
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    For the love of G-d, pleeeeaaaase wear deodorant to the gym! I've been on the elliptical next to the person that hadn't yet discovered the stuff...not pleasant! I prefer to have a clean face at the gym because it just feels better, but if I go straight from work the makeup stays...at least until I sweat it off...lol. To each their own though. =)
  • ToughTulip
    Options

They think fast = better.

No, faster = cardiovascular work and the great chance of muscle loss and thus fatter person at the end of it.

Rule of thumb - if you can't keep a good conversation without stopping and panting etc, you are going too fast. I go no more than 110-130bpm and I always get sub 5% BF for comps...

Sounds about like me (not 5% body fat though obviously hehe)
    I only walk to get my cardio in most days. Doesn't mean I am not trying o.O
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I also wear leggings, wear cutesy shirts with fun sayings on them, have my nails painted, and I put on deodorant. I know that this basically is like 10 strikes in some people's opinions, but I work out after work and I could care less about washing my face.
    Just because I do these things does that make me any less serious while being there? I see alot of hate about these things. Can't we all just be encouraging? It's hard enough without MFP ppl bashing each other!

Okay, first, I totally understand the "going to the gym after work, and I just don't wash my makeup off before working out". I do this myself. Also, I don't spend alot of money on workout clothes, but I don't wear ratty t-shirts and worn out basketball shorts either. I don't think you're the type these other people are talking about. The ones they're referring to are the girls who come in to the gym ALREADY dressed in their "workout" gear (so it's obvious that they did not just come from work), then get on the tread mill at a slow walk for fifteen minutes, while chattering on their cell phone or to the person next to them the whole time. They're in the gym for less than thirty minutes and never break a sweat or get their HR elevated.

Second, for my part, it's not so much that I dislike them or that I'm "hating" on them. I just don't understand it. When I go to the gym, if I'm not soaked in sweat by the end of my workout, I don't feel like I've benefitted from being there. I hate having to go to the gym after working all day, so if I'm going to go to the trouble, I'm going to make it worth my time.

Thank you.

i could really care less either way, but i think it is funny that you think it is OBVIOUS they didn't come from work because they are dressed in gym clothes? REALLLY wow you are so smart.

I used to get changed at work ALL THE TIME...go in the bathroom stall, change, leave.

I am smart.
    Thank you very much.

Like I bolded before, there's a difference between those who come from work (yes I know people can get changed at work before they come to the gym) and those who cake it on just to come to the gym. Not a little mascara, a little concealer, stuff either.

But I guess you just stopped reading after:
    The ones they're referring to are the girls who come in to the gym ALREADY dressed in their "workout" gear (so it's obvious that they did not just come from work)
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I wear nice workout cloths and deodorant too!! I don't do make up though since I go very early in the morning and take a shower anyways after I come back home every morning :)
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup almost everywhere I go unless I just don't give a crap that day. It makes me feel pretty =) I don't wear perfume but I do wear scented deo.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Woah.... wearing deodorant is against some people's rules? Tell me who they are so I can stay far, far away from them at the gym...

Me too. Ewwwww.

Yeah, I wear eyeliner and mascara almost everywhere I go. Even though I work at a warehouse and I go to the gym afterwards and I don't wash it off. I wanna look pretty, so sue me. :P