How 6 Months Have Changed My Life! (Text & Pic Heavy)

Options

Replies

• npaverico
    Options
    You look beautiful!:happy:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you for you kind comments. If I can do it, you can too. Age doesn't matter, will does!
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are one funky chick! congratulations... you look fantastic!
  • Goldielocs77
    Options
    Awesome story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your success!!
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    holy cow i'm not a fan of pink but those pants at the bottom are FABULOUS!!
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WOW, awesome job! Keep at it! Wonderfu inspiration for the rest of us, thanks :smile:
  • tscottym
    tscottym Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you look great! amazing!
  • nyjocool
    nyjocool Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story (and pictures) with us! I have no doubt you will get to goal. Welcome to the land of the living again. I have asthma and back problems. Even though I only lost 11 pounds, I already feel a difference!

Congrats!
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    Thank you! It's good to be back. :happy:
  • auntsoozaay
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic! Such an inspiration!!!! I agree with the others....you looks SO much younger! Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    Wow, you look so much healthier, happier, and about twenty years younger. I loved your story. Isn't it amazing what we allow ourselves to get to, before we take charge again. And take charge you have. Amazing story and very inspiring. I know how chronic pain can make your life come to a standstill, and what it does to you mentally. I am so proud and happy for you. Keep up the wonderful work. Just remember what is waiting for you if you don't. That is motivating in itself!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WOW! I hope to look that good some day :)
  • rosecando
    rosecando Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I nearly cried reading your story- im so glad you have 'found' real life again.:flowerforyou:
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    U r great!!
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You truly inspire me. I am so happy for you. You took your life back!!!
  • jettyib1
    jettyib1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? not eat? I want your menu plan. You are awesome.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful!! :)
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    HURRAY FOR YOU! What an inspiration you are to people like me, so real - thank you for sharing, you look years younger and so healthy! I have a Gazelle too, now I only use it when the weather's bad. Best of Luck to You!!!!
  • SteffieMark
    Options
    I eat everything I ever ate, just more of it. Does that sound silly to anyone besides me? I spent the last 35 years or so, of my life eating just one meal a day. I have just never counted eating as much more than a means to survive. I know, it's not how most people think. But that is how I felt. I was very active, Taekwondo (I actually worked at the Dojo for years and taught), working in Ariel Construction building Cable TV systems all over the southern US, many activities. It wasn't an issue until my health took a U-turn and I could no longer stay active. Then the pounds piled up quickly.

I was never a breakfast eater, not a fan of eggs and greasy meat. LOL So, I started having a protein shake in the mornings, just to give myself a kick start. Then I make sure to have snacks and lunch and a nice dinner. I didn't eat many "white" foods to begin with. But, I stopped any I did eat. I don't eat pasta (hate it anyway), bread, rice, white flour, sugar, processed foods, packaged foods. The only one of those items I really did like was rice. I can easily live without it. It may not be ideal for everyone, but it works for me and I am happy with it. I eat a ton of turkey breast too. There are so many tasty ways to cook it, whether it's ground turkey breast or whole breast tenderloins. it's a 10+ on my Yum Meter! I do not eat any red meat. I love vegetables and fruits.

I move much more now than I had since my health declined. I figured that anyone can do something to burn calories. Even if it's just for a couple minutes, like when I started. My stamina and endurance built up faster than I realized. The Gazelle started it. I love to ride my mountain bike now, that's the best. But, if the weather isn't cooperating, I ride my recumbent or use another machine at home.

The biggest part of me having any success at all is...I believe in myself, in my abilities, in my mental strength and my sheer will. I have said it many times, you can do anything you think you can. Which brings me to my favorite poem. It has given me strength to carry on, many times. Maybe, it can help someone else too. I believe it so much...

”The Victor”
    If you think you are beaten, you are.
    If you think you dare not, you don’t.
    If you like to win but think you can’t, It’s almost a cinch you won’t.
    If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost.
    For out in the world we find, success begins with a person’s will. It’s all in the state of mind.
    If you think you are out classed, you are.
    You’ve got to think high to rise.
    You’ve got to be sure of yourself, before you can ever win the prize.
    Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man.
    But, sooner or later, the one who wins is the one who thinks he can.

Good luck. I can do it, so can you! Thank you all for your kindness.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!