For Those Who Believe in Heaven...

Options

Replies

• fraser112
    Options
    One thing to remember is the modern bible has been translated edited and messed with.

Not to mention it was written to keep pesents in line.

I mean if murdering non virgins and gays is your bag crack on but remember the bible is based on nothing but stuff people wrote down 100s of years after it happend.

Faith is simply taking something as fact because it seems nice, nothing more it has no special power.

Keep the search for god personal.
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Have you read the book "Heaven is for Real"? I would recommend it.
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    You gonna weigh-in, OP?

Nope... As life tends to be, the thread has taken a life of it's own... so enjoy!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I don't believe all my loved ones have gone to heaven and that ones that are in heaven aren't watching over us left on earth. There is no tears and sadness in heaven and if they could see what was going on here...then that wouldn't be the case.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember is the modern bible has been translated edited and messed with.

I mean if murdering non virgins and gays is your bag crack on but remember the bible is based on nothing but stuff people wrote down 100s of years after it happend.

Faith is simply taking something as fact because it seems nice, nothing more it has no special power.

Yes, the question of where we are going (after death) leads to discussing origins (where did we come from) and the authority of the bible (because it claims to know).
    It was a while before I learned and understood that the bible can be trusted as the authority ( on all topics, for that matter).
    Have you read it?
    In the area of religion (as well as any other area) there can be liars and hypocrites, and people who generally misrepresent....even in issues of health and fitness!
    Josh McDowell and CS Lewis are examples of men who went in to discredit the authority of God's word....and came away believers!
    Well, I might express my faith this way:
    Ultimately, even though I can see God's word lines up with God's world, it's a personal relationship.....it's the way He works in my life.
    If you can completely wrap your mind around God and understand Him completely, you don't have the true God in mind! You have a god in mind that you created.
    The real One is too big to fit there.
  • LosenIt4Good
    Options
    Amen! Sometimes I think the ones who do not acknowledge our Lord is afraid to because of the lives they are living. Blessings and keep up the great job!!
  • MinMin97
    Options
    You gonna weigh-in, OP?

Nope... As life tends to be, the thread has taken a life of it's own... so enjoy!
    No excuses.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Cute pic...lol
    Where did the cells and atoms come from?

From the universe. Where did that come from? I have no idea, nor do I need to know, or presume to know. It's the mysteries in life that make things beautiful, and I don't need any explanations to appreciate them :flowerforyou:
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    You gonna weigh-in, OP?

No excuses.

I would use the excuse that, in this age of folks struggling to read past 140 characters, several failed to look past his/her staunch opinion to see the snark in my post...

But I'll go with this...

In life, there are only two things to worry about—
    Either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, there is nothing to worry about,

But if you are sick, there are only two things to worry about—
    Either you will get well or you will die.
    If you get well, there is nothing to worry about,

But if you die, there are only two things to worry about—
    Either you will go to heaven or hell.
    If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry about.

And if you go to hell, you’ll be so busy shaking hands with all your friends
    You won’t have time to worry!
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How does one watch from heaven if their eyes are back here on earth, getting eaten by bugs or just plain old rotting.

BTW become an organ donor :wink:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Cute pic...lol
    Where did the cells and atoms come from?

From the universe. Where did that come from? I have no idea, nor do I need to know, or presume to know. It's the mysteries in life that make things beautiful, and I don't need any explanations to appreciate them :flowerforyou:
    Yes, where did the Universe come from.
    There's no shame in searching out origins, meaning of life, and heaven/hell.
    Those are important questions!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Wow U really need to go to church
    171.jpg
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Dont go to church.....learn by looking within yourself and research on your own....church is so misleading and hypoctitical.

totally agree 110% with this!
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow U really need to go to church

Love it! :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    For those who believe in Angels doing God's will and helping through our day to day trials then I personally believe you are sent who may help you the most. They do not watch they do not see they feel when you are in danger, in pain or in need of assistance from god and come to help. They are in a place of peace and love and have no need for our day to day drama. So they are there when we need them the most and it truly matters but only because we asked in our hearts for them to be there.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Dont go to church.....learn by looking within yourself and research on your own....church is so misleading and hypoctitical.

What church do you go too? Church is a wonderful place to learn about the Gospel and can really build a connection with Him.

TO ORIGINAL POSTER:
    Personally, I don't believe that our loves ones watch over us here on earth because there in heaven, away from human suffering. I actually find this comforting that all my past loved ones are now with troubles, worries, or pain. I also will see them again anyway :smile:. A great option for you is to find he right church, with the right pastor! Also, you can message me and we can talk if you want :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    You gonna weigh-in, OP?

No excuses.

I would use the excuse that, in this age of folks struggling to read past 140 characters, several failed to look past his/her staunch opinion to see the snark in my post...

But I'll go with this...

In life, there are only two things to worry about—
    Either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, there is nothing to worry about,

But if you are sick, there are only two things to worry about—
    Either you will get well or you will die.
    If you get well, there is nothing to worry about,

But if you die, there are only two things to worry about—
    Either you will go to heaven or hell.
    If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry about.

And if you go to hell, you’ll be so busy shaking hands with all your friends
    You won’t have time to worry!
    Conversations often have a mix of the serious and the not serious.
    As you just demonstrated.
    And I'm sure your thread title attracted some who read it and wonder about heaven.
    I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts about where you believe you will be after death?
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't think they watch us. They're in heaven, after all. They're with God in a place of no pain or suffering. I just see them worshiping God and experiencing what real love/joy/peace ect. is really like.

I agree with this. I don't know that church would answer all of your questions...depends on what church and what they teach. I think the Bible teaches what we need to know about Heaven. :)
  • fraser112
    Options

Yes, the question of where we are going (after death) leads to discussing origins (where did we come from) and the authority of the bible (because it claims to know).
    It was a while before I learned and understood that the bible can be trusted as the authority ( on all topics, for that matter).
    Have you read it?
    In the area of religion (as well as any other area) there can be liars and hypocrites, and people who generally misrepresent....even in issues of health and fitness!
    Josh McDowell and CS Lewis are examples of men who went in to discredit the authority of God's word....and came away believers!
    Well, I might express my faith this way:
    Ultimately, even though I can see God's word lines up with God's world, it's a personal relationship.....it's the way He works in my life.
    If you can completely wrap your mind around God and understand Him completely, you don't have the true God in mind! You have a god in mind that you created.
    The real One is too big to fit there.

Ive dabbled lol

I think any person who has a brain can understand the bible is just a tool of fear and control.

Any person who lives a good life based on the fear of hell and not by there own morals is no better than an animal begging for a treat.

If god exists and turns out to be the petty child he comes across as in the bible murdering his followers just to prove a point ect it really is a sad world we live in.

Just a point for op have you ever considerd enternal life? I get bored, Think forever what would you do
  • crazy8ts
    Options
    I really hate to state the obvious... 'cause, you know, how much fun is that? But I'll bite...

Has anyone considered that my question really had nothing to do with Heaven (or whatever you choose to believe)

or Hell (again, whatever you choose to believe, if at all),

but if the afterlife has cable?