Sober September anyone?

Options

Replies

• mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hubby's bday dinner was tonite at red lobster. I had 2 diet cokes to his 3 long island ice teas! :sad: well, at least he gets a dd out of the deal! Lol!

Good job!! Way to resist :smile:
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm with Tiny Dancer....that will save me a LOT of money! :) I'm totally in. Great post!
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A trainer friend of mine swears that the last 10 pounds for women is often wine calories. I am willing to try this until our vacation in mid October to see if I can look really good in the pictures. Honestly, once get there I will not be holding back. For now I am making plans for the first drink of my vacation and the second and third, you get the idea.
  • steph8503
    Options
    ill do it...i only drink on occasion !!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Anyone else game?????
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling the rest of my life will be sober. My husband can't drink anymore and I find that I have no desire to have more than a glass of wine every once in awhile. I end up throwing out over half the bottle every single time!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I end up throwing out over half the bottle every single time!

Now THAT is alcohol abuse!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Anyone else game?????

Count me in.

Before I started MFP early August a lunchtime pint or two was the norm, which Iost me pounds Sterling at £3.35 a pint, and gained me pounds avoirdupois at 160 calories per pint

I reckon I can go until October fairly easily as nothing planned in way of celebrations or the like
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i am on board. i love drinking but have given it up cold turkey until halloween
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am in - I failed miserably at the August alcohol free challenge, but I am up for trying again:drinker:
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Not much of a drinker so it's no a big deal...but at least I will save myself the empty calories of a glass of wine here and there!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I attempted (and nrealy succeeded) AF August. Tough. I'm willing to give it another shot, but MAN, wine tastes so good.
  • Olrielle
    Options
    I am starting to think I have a drinking problem and really want to stop. Sober September sounds like a great idea. Giving up my nightly glass/glasses of red is going to be a killer :(
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm in to support others. I don't really drink and never have, so it's sort of Sober LIFE for me, but I'm all about supporting you guys, and a few of my friends are doing this too. :wink:
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I am starting to think I have a drinking problem and really want to stop. Sober September sounds like a great idea. Giving up my nightly glass/glasses of red is going to be a killer :(

Good for you! I know what you mean though. It's hard for me to watch football and NOT drink!
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in since I haven't drank since 9-18-1989. Probably doesn't really count since I had to give up alcohol long ago lol
  • kairisika
    kairisika Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Cheers. (probably a "bad" sign off as far as you're concerned)
    As I've said multiple times, I say nothing against alcohol in moderation. there's a difference between enjoying a beer with friends and struggling to get through a week without being able to 'take the edge off' with alcohol.
    No, you didn't comment on the "relevant" part. You took a small part completely out of its actual, hyperbolic context, and grossly twisted it into something it's not.
    That's what we call "lack of reading comprehension."
    The point was that caffeine did not fit with the other parts mentioned as hyperbole. Yes, some people talk about not wanting to face a life without x tasty food, and yes, some of the people who talk about not giving up their wine are that way.
    But talking about people who say they are addicted to their caffeine is not hyperbole, as people generally *are* physically addicted to caffeine, as evidenced by physical reactions beyond just the mental trouble of functioning without it.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Also in. Just come back from holiday and I drank every day there and have continued since I got back. Need to stop.

Oh and yes, I do have a drink problem. I will find this hard to do.
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I didnt see the August one until a week ago. Set at only 1300 cal I know I need to get rid of the empty calories. But, I Iove me a vodka soda after work, its my mental wind down crutch. Knowing I should stop this I have not had a drink in 7 days since I saw the Aug post.

Im not going to say I will 100% go without. But this is a step for me. I will commit to not drinking on work nights and keep any drinking may want to do to social situations and maybe one night after work this month if i really crave it. If I make it a total no-no it will just make me want it more and I will fail. Maybe I will make it the whole month. No matter what, it is huge for me, Im used to drinking 1-2 (or more) every night. Im not dead from no drinks n 7 days so here goes.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Well since signing up yesterday my first challenge to sobriety arrived today, we went to Salisbury, with all it's lovely old pubs. The temptation to just blow it all and have a nice Sunday roast diinner with a few pints of real ale was a strong pull, but in the end settled for a cup of tea.

Hooray, now I am back home very glad I walked on by