Options

Replies

• mmmba5
    Options
    i'm in!
  • Givenitmybest
    Givenitmybest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've got my stroller, so I guess that means my three mini's and I are in. Hopefully, the fiance too.
  • joannes68
    Options
    I'm in.. I am at the gym 5 - 6 times a week anyway and usually on the treadmill for no less than 35 minutes.. I do random and have advanced to level 4, when my 14 year old son is not with me I can go for 45 minutes.... Whatever it takes! Today is the day... Leaving in 30 ... Lets go!
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the perfect challenge. I walk as my main form of exercise because my knees won't let me jog or run. :) I'm in! Last month I set a goal of 45 miles for the month and just barely made it. I'll keep my goal this month, but it won't be easy since school started and it really cuts into my walking time.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good thing too. How do you figure what length of walk is good?

If you are puting one foot in front of the other, then it's good. Everyone comes from different starting points. Do what feels good to yourself. and maybe push just a little harder.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    2 miles this morning in the middle of my bike ride.
  • chubbymcchunkster
    Options
    I am starting the walk at home program in a minute! The area i live in is hard to walk around so I will do it in house!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is a great way for me to start. I need some motivation and a challange seems to be the thing to do it.
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I also love the Leslie Sansone walk at home DVDs!!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I walk a lot, because I don't drive. I want to walk 100 miles in September, and I've made a ticker for it:

exercise.png
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i walk daily to school so id love to start actually tracking it! but its Saturday ._. will start tuesday
  • jabmzmom
    Options
    I'm in
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think this is the perfect challenge for me... since walking seems to be my main form of exercise. I've been avoiding my dreadmill so maybe this will encourage me to get back on!

I love that you wrote "Dreadmill"! I always write that and people always think it's a typo.

I stole that from an MFP friend...

Edit: I guess I should now mention that I just walked 98 minutes today. :)
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    September 1st - walked 105 minutes, walked to grocery store with kids slow pace but I walked ! :wink:
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to walk every day. Last month I logged 23 cardio hours. So I set a goal to log 30 hours this month. Count me in!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I set a personal goal to walk 100 miles in September.

Day 1 and I walked 7.25 miles.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    I walked 3 miles today in the park with my BFF. It was a pretty leisurely walk...but we did it--80 minutes.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I am in.
  • strawbblondie
    strawbblondie Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I try to walk for 45 minutes (~2.4 miles) everyday when I'm not traveling. This will motivate me to walk more when I'm on the road!