No more Late Night Snacking - September

Options
Are you ruining the efforts you've made during the day to eat clean and exercise by munching late? Are you turning dinner into the most important meal and snacking all the time until you hit the pillow ? Tired of it? Then join us!

We usually set a cut-off time for accountability. You may, but don't have to go cold turkey on food. Feel free to say "no more junk food past 7 p.m.".

Reporting is in the format:
Me: "times you won against snacks" - LNS: "points you lost"
For instance, if you did well until September 5, but then binged before bedtime, then the next morning the score is
Me: 4 - LNS: 1

Good luck, everyone!

Replies

• tigersteph80
    tigersteph80 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge!!!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for my 4th month I think. So far

Me 0
    LNS 1 :laugh:

but I'm always pretty relaxed on the weekends. Good luck everyone:bigsmile:

Thanks for starting the thread :flowerforyou:
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i'm in two nights a week i have to eat late because of kids activities the other 5 no excuse anymore
  • tigersteph80
    tigersteph80 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

I am going with no junk food because I ate a piece of toast and jam at 7:15, but that was dinner.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is one of my worst habits and I have to stop!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am OUT. Snacking after dinner is my favorite past time. LOL
  • wayaluna
    wayaluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me: 1:glasses:
    LNS: 0 :laugh:

Thank you GM for posting a link to September! :flowerforyou:

YEAH for EVERY BODY who has Joined us!:love:

This month, LNS represents emotional/stress eating. If I am eating past my planned evening snack and beyond my calorie limit for the day, I am LNS. In August there were days I did NOT have a LNS but I’d had extra snacks earlier in the day, which with my scheduled evening light snack put me over my limit for the day. Ugh! SO this month I am aiming to stay inside the daily calorie limits consistently. YEAH!

I am recovering from my surgery and am on heavy physical restrictions this week and moderate restrictions for the following five weeks. This will be a very challenging LNS time for me. That doesn’t mean I’m throwing in the towel! I will be tracking my food and finding little ways to move each and every day!

GO GO GIRL POWER! Lets kick LNS butt!!:drinker:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
  • TarenMaim
    TarenMaim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!

I work until 7pm two weeks a month so on those days my LNS will have to start with anything after 8mp if that is ok?

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the NEW THREAD for September, **gmukris** :flowerforyou:

Me: 1*

I finished strong for August...:drinker: YAY!! 30 days of no LNS...and my weight is under 115 (which goal is 110...and I NEVER thought I would want to be at my HS weight ever after I reached 30). I have learned MUCH about nutrition, exercise, body fat, etc....here at MFP! When I first started here it was late December 2011, I was already on a 30 day NO SUGAR challenge. That actually lasted 59 days, and I have made some grrrreat friends here on MFP. When I found this forum 2.5 months ago, I dropped out, cause MINDLESS eating just took over during the latter part of July. In August, my DETERMINATION has gotten me to this point...where if I am up watching TV late, I am drinking tea...THINKING about snacking...but NOT WANTING to RUIN my Accountabiltiy :laugh: What has developed is a Grrrreat Habit of NO LNS!! I expect to go through September with PERFECT record. I slipped one time in August...but it was my BEST effort yet!!

WELCOME to all the new Members who are making your determinations. We ALL have slipped, fallen, but INEVITABLY have gotten back up to start again!!....when you do THAT...YOU WIN over your yourself...and YOU are ALL that counts!! We LOVE supporting and CHEERING you on...but you have to make up your mind!! GOOD LUCK!! Always looking for active and dedicated friends...soooo ADD me, if you are on all the time, and willing to participate in your NEW GOALS before YEAR END :happy: If you *do* friend me...make sure you add a note from where you saw my invite. Otherwise, alas, I won't accept. You are ALL AWESOME!!

See you on the Forum or Newsfeed!!

Hugs to All! :flowerforyou:
    Deb :love:
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I'm in, Im having problems too. I do really well in the day then night time comes and I messed it up.
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!
    Last Night Me-0 LNS-1 :(
  • AnaTheApple
    Options
    I'm definitely in, and glad to hear I'm not the only one who does it! No more 11pm cookie runs

so far me-0 LNS-1 :(
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Kristina, for starting this and everyone else for joining. The thought of you kept me strong on Saturday :smile:.

My plan for Sept is to have dinner at 8ish and only allow myself a glass of milk after that, should I need it.

Me: 2 - LNS: zer0 :happy:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I am OUT. Snacking after dinner is my favorite past time. LOL

hahahaha
    aparently its ok for you cuz you have lost a lot of wt!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME- 1
    LNS - 1

I totally forgot about the challenge for some reason and so accidentally did good the first night and not so good the second. But I am back on track. Thanks for the thread!
  • bopdiva
    Options
    I want and need to join for the encouragement!!! What exactly is it that we do here???
  • wayaluna
    wayaluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I want and need to join for the encouragement!!! What exactly is it that we do here???

Hey Bop! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to NO LNS! Make yourself comfortable! When you post, include your score for the month: ME VS LNS. Somewhere along the line, it would be helpful to tell us how you see LNS and what your goal is. And then, throughout the month, you can do a happy dance; share a little about your journey; offer words of encouragement and support, etc.:laugh:

We’re in this to build healthy habits. YEAH for us! :drinker:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 2
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    So far, so good:

Me: 2