Recs for scary/disturbing movies?

Options

Replies

• beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    The Strangers. It's easily the scariest and most disturbing movie I've ever seen. I won't even watch it anymore.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    David Lynch's 'Lost Highway'.

This!
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I see everyone mentioning The Strangers..but I thought that was the most irritating movie ever.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Battle Royale series. Pretty gorey, but still excellent and psychologically intriguing if you don't mind subtitles (Japanese).

Battle royale is the japanese version of hunger games, and part 2 is coming out!! Yeah!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. We start on October 1st with our horrorfilmathon and watch at least 1 horror film per night in October. Black Swan was effin messed up! Couldn't move from my chair..but messed the eff up

ps Drag Me To Hell -- pretty cheesy but there are some good scenes in it.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Not gory or anything, but great plot twists: The Game.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    The Mangler - the unedited version. Bloody, gory fun! Robert Englund is in it, but Ted Levine is the star. I just LOVE that man's voice...
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm not big into scary movies but when I do watch them I like action/ phychological thrillers! "the Entity" is by far the scariest I have seen! It's older but freaky as h@ll.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why, but The Blair Witch Project really got to me
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    Hostel 1 &2
    I spit on your grave
    Last house on the left
    The strangers
    I saw the devil
    Saw series
    Frailty
    Amityville
    Poltergeist
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Pumpkinhead
    Primeval
    Dark waters
    JAWS
    Insidious
    The collector
    The blair witch (yes, scared the **** outta me lol)
    Steven kings cats eyes
    Killer klowns
    Godsend
    Wrong turn
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Battle Royale series. Pretty gorey, but still excellent and psychologically intriguing if you don't mind subtitles (Japanese).

Battle royale is the japanese version of hunger games, and part 2 is coming out!! Yeah!

Battle Royale was written first and a lot more graphic.
  • ToughTulip
    Options

The blair witch (yes, scared the **** outta me lol)

glad it wasn't just me! Usually movies NEVER get to me, but this one did!
  • dougt333
    Options
    Teeth--very disturbing and hilarious (men might want to sit this one out though.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lost Highway
    Momento
    Snow town
    Wolf Creek
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    Teeth--very disturbing and hilarious (men might want to sit this one out though.

LOL i agree with that one xD
  • jaelliott907
    Options

Correct. I first saw Battle Royale in 2006 I think. The story line is different but still about kids killing each other with only one victor...
  • springb513
    springb513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The most disturbing movie I ever saw was a German movie called "Funny Games." It's been 10 years since I watched it and I don't think I'll ever be able to forget it - no matter how much I would like to. :noway: I believe they made an American version but I definitely don't plan on ever seeing it.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Snow town. Seriously creepy. I couldn't finish it.

Just watched this. Highly disturbing. I think I will have PTSD. :noway:
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love how this thread took off and everyone shared thier favorite scary movies, I have a super long list now lol!!!
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Correct. I first saw Battle Royale in 2006 I think. The story line is different but still about kids killing each other with only one victor...

Yep, i saw battle royale first too...i love the gore. The teenage puppy love is a crack up.