Girls who are 5"8, be kind to read this post

Options

Replies

• rachelblair09
    Options
    im just over 5.8 and i weigh 145 pounds, im happy with my weight, i wear a uk size 10 and my body fat is down to 20% :) i think anywere from 135-155 is a good healthy weight for our height
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 178 lbs. I started at 210 and as of right now my goal is 155, but that is subject to change. I'm currently in a size 14-16 jean (depending on brand/cut) and L-XL shirt depending on the brand/cut (very large chest). I say 155 because that's the high end of the healthy BMI range, and I am really want to be considered healthy for once in my life!!! My biggest problem area is my stomach and thighs.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! Very encouraging. I am around 5'7 1/2". I just recently started on MFP around 180-185 pounds, and today I think I am around 175 pounds. I would love to be 150 pounds. Re: the people on this thread talking about being in the 120s-130s range, that seems very low for me.
  • banks89202
    Options
    I am almost 5'10 and started off at a massive 283lbs, my "goal weight" is 180.
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 132lbs, about 25% body fat. Goal is 125-128 lbs, I'm not terribly focused on losing pounds, mostly inches and just want to be more toned and athletic. Feel free to add me!
  • ryanalexiscoen
    Options
    Hi i am 5"8 and weigh 142. I was at my goal weight (130) 9 weeks ago. But had a mommy makeover. Tummytuck and breast implants. I am happy with the results, but felt much better at my goal weight. I am now working my butt off to feel great again. But man when you stop working out for six weeks you have to start all over again.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I am also 5'8" and my current weight is 166.. I want to get down to 150-155. You can totally add me and everyone else as well :)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 but I want to play too : )

I am currently pregnant - about 210-213
    I my highest weight was 315, and I did get to see 199.8 before I started puttin on pregnancy weight.

My goal is 150-160 - I have a large frame however, and I dont think I will ever be less than 150
  • rosekittie
    rosekittie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently at 140, but a year ago I was at 120 so that's what I'm looking to get back to (or at least the pants that fit that!). I met a guy and got married and eating healthy went out the window until the past few months!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im not 5'8".. only 5'6" but I would like to share that I started the last week of June this year at 233 pounds and today i weighed in at 209.1 pounds.

I dont "diet" and I dont buy or cook foods seperate from my family. I use basic portion control and I exercise.

My first "major" goal is 25 pounds lost (SOO close!)

My next goal is to be less than 200 pounds

My "goal" weight is to reach 160, but I would really like to be 150 again.

My profile picture was when I was 145 pounds and IMO that was too skinny.

Good luck to you! <3

Edited to say 209.1 pounds.. i wrote 109.1... ha!
  • dawten
    dawten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" so just an inch shorter and my ultimate goal weight is to be 135 lbs. However, I am currently at 161.5. My highest weight was 183 lbs, but I lost a little weight before I started MFP.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Close, I'm 45, 5'7" weight 130 and 13.5% bodyfat.
  • ayshakarimi
    Options
    Thats awesome. I just started 2 days ago with 181 pounds and my goal is 140. I would like to know how you did it, you obviously did everthing right for losing almost 40 pounds :) I need some motivation.

Thanks
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a little shy of 5'8, but just to "weigh in", someone might get discouraged seeing all you girl's low weights. It makes a difference if you are large frame. I started July 31 at 201, now down 16 lbs, (yay), I want to get to 170. When I went down to 155, people did not say, "You look great", they said, "Have you been sick, are you OK?" So you have to look at more than just a good #, its a good # for you that is important.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'8" & am currently 163 lbs. My goal weight is between 140-145. :)
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    I'm 5'8", with a medium frame, and currently 27.7% body fat. I'm also a pear/hourglass shape (I am smaller up top than my hips, but not dramatically smaller like most pears, so I think I'm more of an hourglass). My highest weight was around 190 lbs when I was a young teenager (worst time to be overweight), my current weight is 164.8 lbs, and my lowest weight has been 143ish lbs. I'm actually not necessarily looking to get back into the 140s again--if I can maintain the muscle mass I've built over the last year or so, then I would have the body fat % I want (20-22%) at around 150 lbs (where before I was 24% at 143 pounds). I don't aspire to be a size 8 (US), and don't even know if lower than a 10 is attainable thanks to my child-bearing hips and quads of steel (being a half-marathoner builds some serious muscle in that region...)

Weight looks different on different people depending on your frame size, your lean body mass, your shape, etcetera...but it's cool to see where everyone else is at! (:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I’m 5'9" started out at around 235 and a tight size 20 that was Nov 2011
    I am currently at 186 and size 10
    I am large boned/framed I know many say this but doc told me I was so my goal weight is about 165 to 170 doc said to try for about 170-175 I'd like to get a little under so I have some wiggle room once I am done. I’m close down to the last 20. I look pretty thin now but I’m not lean. My legs and bottom half have leaned out real well, my upper body hasn’t as of yet.
    So depending on your frame size you need to take that into consideration as well when picking a goal weight. Age may also have something to do with it too I’m mid 40s
    I'm a low carb person due to PCOS I have recently been diagnosed with but suffered with my whole life.
    I'm utilizing strength training and cardio both.
  • Semioticghosts
    Semioticghosts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 1.73 cm (or just under 5'8") tall and started at 251 pounds in May 2011, just before turning 39. I'm now 184 and would like to lose another stone. My original goal was to reach the top end of a normal BMI, but as BMI does not account of build/frame size, I might be doing myself a disservice by aiming towards that. Still I'll have to see :)

I cycle (built into my commute by getting off the train a bit earlier and using longer routes to travel between places), jog (40 minutes or so, or or twice a week), cross-train (40 minutes again, three or four times a week) and do weights (3-4 times per week.

I enjoy all that but look forward to investing a bit less time in it once I reach my goal, as this feels like having a second job.

I have a fairly large frame and am quite strong, so feel that, at the moment, much less weight would feel odd on me. If I can maintain 12 stone, I might change my mind later.

It feels like I'm the fattest one on this thread so far, so thought I should speak up! :)
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I'm close, I'm actually 5'7" and am currently at 146 pounds. My goal weight is 145. You may add me if you like. :)
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" currently at 154 =) feel free to add me!