Shedding Light in the Dark Corners

Options

Replies

• cakey01
    cakey01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to go Scott, stay positive, you can do it!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You sir are very talented! Congratulations on your success and please, please keep us posted from time to time. Especially when you get rid of Old Reliable. Seriously, write a book!

one pound at a time!!!!
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Every bit counts!!!
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bow to you! Such a wonderful story. A brilliantly written post and such motivation! With that attitude you will get to 350 in NO time and nothing will stop you. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you! :)
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!! Amazing attitude!! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic! Have you ever thought of writing articles or even some books? You're seriously good. When you were on the scales, eyes squeezed shut, then open one eye, the suspense! I was thinking what did it say? What is it? What is it?! lol well done!
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Conrats!!!!! I believe by March you are going to reach your goal and who knows you might not want to stop.
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring!! Congrats and good luck!
    You CAN do this!!!
  • Catskillet
    Catskillet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ...one thing is for sure...your humor is NOT just a defense mechanism...you are very funny! Do you have a blog? If so...I'm sure it's very entertaining. Congratulations to you on your amazing success thus far. I have no doubt that you will achieve all of your goals - - at your own pace. I hope to keep reading your updates...and look forward to celebrating your 350 mark! You are amazing!!
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    Loved your post! Your son is going to be so proud of you when you lose this weight! What kind of program are you doing? My husband is a big man & he does so good on the low carb. diet because he feels like he is still able to eat the foods he loves & still have a few beers too! Your doing great, just take one day at a time!
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written and truly an inspiration.

Well done for what you have achieved so far. It's quite often the first steps that are the hardest to take and you are now on your way to a healthier and happier life.

I'm in awe and hoping that when you get to 400, 350, 300, 250...... we will be treated to such an eloquent update!!!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Scott, thanks so much for sharing, and in such warm and witty language. Keep up the good work, you truly rock!
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is so great! This is one of the reasons why I love this site! Huge Congrats to you! I have a gentle question for you. I just met someone at a barbecue last night and he is most likely somewhere in the 450 pound range.....very funny, very upbeat, but it was like he was chomping at the bit to poke fun at himself before anyone else could. You could tell he was insecure and covered it up with humor. I wanted so badly to encourage him, or help him, but I felt this may have been offensive to him. I don't know if he is trying to lose weight or not. What is your advice on how to help someone, or just encourage them without making them feel like you are shining a spotlight on their obesity. Even though I have never been that overweight, I am obese......I have 80 pounds to lose. I have had these extra 60-80+ pounds for over 15 years. I know what it's like to be stuck and believe that you will just live your life fat. Heck, everyone on this site knows about that! It's just, now that a light has come on for me, now that the penny has dropped, I want to help myself and others. Suggestions?
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Oh I really enjoyed reading this! From what you said to how you said it... very well done on your journey so far, and I'd like to bet that you hit the news scales much sooner than you expect with such a great attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • Kait_liiin
    Kait_liiin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love your story, love your attitude, love how you write!! Well done! Wishing you tons of success and happiness :)
  • banished
    banished Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work. I was near 470 when I started, and now I'm hoping to hit a loss of 200lbs by my one year anniversary of my life change. Keep control of your calorie intake, keep up an increasingly active lifestyle, and most importantly do not ever despair any setback you may encounter. Look towards your overall achievements and keep going.
  • banished
    banished Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is so great! This is one of the reasons why I love this site! Huge Congrats to you! I have a gentle question for you. I just met someone at a barbecue last night and he is most likely somewhere in the 450 pound range.....very funny, very upbeat, but it was like he was chomping at the bit to poke fun at himself before anyone else could. You could tell he was insecure and covered it up with humor. I wanted so badly to encourage him, or help him, but I felt this may have been offensive to him. I don't know if he is trying to lose weight or not. What is your advice on how to help someone, or just encourage them without making them feel like you are shining a spotlight on their obesity. Even though I have never been that overweight, I am obese......I have 80 pounds to lose. I have had these extra 60-80+ pounds for over 15 years. I know what it's like to be stuck and believe that you will just live your life fat. Heck, everyone on this site knows about that! It's just, now that a light has come on for me, now that the penny has dropped, I want to help myself and others. Suggestions?
    My approach to this situation is that I will tell them (actually I tell almost everyone) about my journey and how I managed my loss. If they show interest, I tell them I would be more than happy to assist them in any way. And, if they do not respond, you may just plant a seed that will help them when they do feel ready for a change.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    very witty, well done with your progress. wish you all the luck in the world!!! x
  • butterflyfairy2
    butterflyfairy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great story and an even greater loss. Im so proud of you and for you.
    I also loved the humor in your writing. I think us obese people have the gift of of humor, we use it as a way to take the attention off of the way we look.
    I just hope you know that we are all in this together whether some only have a very small amount to lose or we have a lot to lose, we are all fighting the same battle and we will all be there for each other.
    Keep up the great work and you will be at your goal weight before you know it. ;)
  • McBower
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!