What do you count as water?

Options

Replies

• jollygreencc
    jollygreencc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I only post water; you can post water you'd like, of course, but to me the point of keeping track of my water is to make sure that I'm putting more "pure" water in my system instead of other things - gatorade, coffee, tea, etc. Given that most drinks have water in them; you could even count some foods. But for me to keep things honest, I need to only count my water.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Vodka. It's clear like water, so I count it.
  • Lidenbrock
    Options
    Water and tea (just black - no milk no sugar)
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just water, I log anything else!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    water
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    water
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Just water.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    water
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Water is just water.

I haven't followed this and probably won't but I did get the book and the 17 Day Diet calls flavored water, tea, coffee, etc. "Negative Water" while it may be mostly water and low/no cal, it still shouldn't count toward your 8 glasses of water a day.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I only track water as water. I don't drink much else other than coffee and wine or beer.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I only post water; you can post water you'd like, of course, but to me the point of keeping track of my water is to make sure that I'm putting more "pure" water in my system instead of other things - gatorade, coffee, tea, etc. Given that most drinks have water in them; you could even count some foods. But for me to keep things honest, I need to only count my water.
    Unless you're drinking distiller water, you are never drinking "pure" water. There's no such thing.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I don't count milk since it has so many calories but I count just about anything else.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Water is just water.

I haven't followed this and probably won't but I did get the book and the 17 Day Diet calls flavored water, tea, coffee, etc. "Negative Water" while it may be mostly water and low/no cal, it still shouldn't count toward your 8 glasses of water a day.
    And it's completely wrong. Medical recommendations are for fluid, not water. Water recommendations are from the bottled water industry, not from science.
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Q. What do I count as water?
    A. Water - plain water (from a tap, or bottled plain water)

My doctor taught me the importance of drinking water when I was pregnant with my twins. I fought it tooth and nail. At first I had to force myself to drink, even going so far as to using ice, crushed ice, a straw, a fancy glass...even then I felt like I was being forced to drink a kiddie pool....yuck. But then, somewhere into a month of forcing myself, I apparently woke up my thirst center. I started wanting my water. The doc was right, water is awesome, and it helps with muscle cramps, premature labor, constipation, digestion, skin, hair, and on and on.

The reason you need to count plain water is that the molecules of water are "free" and when we put things into our water (coffee, tea, crystal light, sugar, etc) we saturate those water molecules.....hence our body can't use it like it can use plain water. My doc says I need to drink an extra water for each non-water drink I have daily, because many non-water liquids have a diuretic effect.
  • evastar
    evastar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I count any liquids towards my 8 cups a day. Pop, milk, juice, herbal tea....they're all fluids and all count! The point is to be hydrating your body, that doesn't require only straight plain water.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Ugh.... WATER. :huh: After all, water is water- right?
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't track water.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Only Water anything else is bonus fluid
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what types of drinks everyone counts toward the daily water intake. Flor myself, I count water (with or without crystal light, etc.), milk, coffee, tea and my powerade zeroes. I haven't been counting any of the occasional diet sodas or slim-fast type products I may drink.

Does anyone count anything additional or purposely exclude any of the above?

Thanks,
    Mike

I count only Water and the water I use for my protein shake if I go to the easy route that day.
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I count water (with or without crystal light, etc.), milk, coffee, tea and my powerade zeroes.

Water is a "colorless, transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid that forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain and is the basis of the fluids of living organisms".

Mike, would you consider Crystal Light, milk, coffee, tea, and/or Powerade Zero -- colorless, transparent, odorless, and tasteless?
    No.

So there you have it!