Anyone else get fed up of logging food?

Options

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I logged every day like a religion for 7 months, then mostly because i was sick of it and really felt like I had learned enough about food choices to go out on a limb I stopped. I have continued to lose and am feeling a lot less stressed about food. I may go back to logging on occassion just to see if I'm being honest about my intake but I hope to never go back to a daily accounting.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I guess I"m the opposite. I've been loggin my food in an excel spreadsheet for years now. I recently joined here so can do it more accurately (hopefully) and also log excercise, and get some reports out of it. It's beocme just something I do as part of my daily life.
  • joedispenza
    joedispenza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do. But I find that every time I stop logging in food I gain weight back.

Unfortunately, it's something I need to do to keep me on track. Small price to pay for good health, I guess.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    One thing that has always stuck with me from a stint at Weight Watchers was a leader's favorite saying "Prior planning prevents pudgy people" Logging allows me to plan my day and make accommodations for dinners out or special events. It basically helps keep me on track and knowing that I have to look at the totals sometimes keeps me in line.
  • tortzblue
    tortzblue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a bit of a pain BUT What an eye opener! It is so informative and really brings home how unbalanced my diet was. It's so easy to make better choices by checking out the nutritional values before you eat. (assuming they're correct of course.) Also it makes you accountable too. Free too:happy: - I'm a newby so after a while it must become a chore but hopefully better eating will become a habit by then.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    No, I don't tire of it. It is just part of my new life style. Logging is so important. It is vital to keeping on track, at least for me, and especially while I'm still losing. I have another 20 to go to reach my 100 pound loss goal.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've lost and regained a bunch of times and each time the regain was because I slowly and without thinking lost control and slipped back into bad habits. I look at logging as a way to keep myself honest and be mindful of what I'm eating.

I use a smartphone app, so it's pretty easy. I'd say no more than 5-10 minutes a day for the actual logging.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Not yet - Keeps me honest and makes me think before I eat, and it is working very well - So if it ain't broke.....
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm in the discovery stage of what I can and can't eat so logging it not helping with the weight it is helping with the new diet.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    bump
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes. I pretty much only come on to log something if I want to check the calories/nutrients. But I can't be bothered.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I think it's fun to log, doesn't take much time, and lets me know if I have room for a treat at the end of the day. I find it most useful for when I need to budget in alcohol or weekends where I eat randomly.

I could not log during the work week, I eat fairly portioned meals.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I sort of like doing it. It gives me a feeling of control and planning it out in advance helps to avoid take out and fast food.:smile:
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    Yes! However, if I don't log, i don't progress. Its as simple as that for me.
  • tilishamichelle
    tilishamichelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    isn't it the point of MFP?
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i'm a logaholic, i log before i eat something, prelog meals, i like it cuz it shows me what i'm really consuing and sometimes it is a lot more OR a lot less than what i think
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    yes. i just dont do it sometimes.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yes, but when I start to get fed up logging food, I think about how much more fed up I am about being overweight and uncomfortable in my own skin.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    nope. I need to know where is stand at every moment of the day to accomplish my goals!
  • kbirdwell08
    kbirdwell08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At first I did. But after a while you have all the foods you normally eat saved in recent so its easy to add.

^ same for me. plus im more aware of what i am eating so it is worth it!