Options
    *smirks* I see what you did there.
  • draftyaspen
    Options
    I love logging my food :)
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I get tired of logging as well but I'm going to keep doing it. So far most people who has lost alot of weight used this method as a part of their success, so I'll be logging til I can't log no more :happy:
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    No, I don't tire of it. It is just part of my new life style. Logging is so important. It is vital to keeping on track, at least for me, and especially while I'm still losing. I have another 20 to go to reach my 100 pound loss goal.
    Congratulations on your hard work. You can see the finish line.

I love logging my food. It just has made such a difference to me to see in black and white what each thing I eat and each thing I do represents in my health and fitness. It's made me aware. I am more thoughtful about both what goes in my mouth and what I demand of myself in activity. I don't expect to ever stop logging.

Because I've been on this trip before with low calorie, with low fat, with low carb and lost more than 100 and gained back even more than that twice. This time, sensible, balanced, and expecting this to be the way I learn to live. Not something that will be over some time.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I've been here over a year, and I have definitely slipped significantly with the logging. I need to refocus.
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    only when i cant find the things i need to log!! ughh
  • Belliny
    Options
    I hate it! but when i do i lose weight and when i don't i end up gaining the weight back =(
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I feel that way sometimes. It's a chore.... But if I don't log in food I feel I can eat more... I need to stay accountable, and it helps me not binge.

If you eat relatively well, just make a few "free" days a week where you don't log in the diary :) It wouldn't kill, You could still mentally count calories in your head if you want... I would just aim for around whatever you usually eat.
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not really. I've been doing this for so long that it's second nature at this point. It also helps that so many of my foods are already in my log, so I can copy meals and easily get to the foods I eat.

Plus, I've accepted that there's a chance that I'm going to be logging my food for the rest of my life, as it seems to be the only way I've ever been able to keep myself accountable and on-point. Every single time I've stopped tracking, my discipline slowly disappeared, and my weight reappeared. Small price to pay, I guess.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I logged religiously for 6 months, and lost 40+ lbs. Stopped logging over the summer and gained a pound or two. While I'm pleased I haven't gained back much weight, I do want to lose more and I've re-dedicated myself to logging once again. Far easier online than on paper, but I wish I had a smartphone so I could scan in a barcode like hubby does!

The part that really is difficult is making your own meals (which are healthier, right?) and then portioning them out. Inputting the recipe is great when I find a good recipe I want to keep, but it sucks when I make something that tastes horrible and I have to log it anyway. And when you make a giant pot of stew or something and it says, "Serves 6"--- well, exactly how much is one portion, then? Of course the weight and volume of the stew will change depending on how much water you put in.

Find what works for you. If logging works, suck it up and just do it! :^) It will be worth it in the end I hope.
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I'm sick of being fat. Simple really. Which do I hate worse?

^This. I've deleted 3 accounts before this one, but MFP is the only way I seem to lose weight consistently without under eating if I try to do it on my own.