What posesses people to act the way they do...

Options
13»

Replies

• agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    MAP: Manifold Absolute Pressure

Ooohh - I sit corrected, and apoloise
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    True story I shall share with you. This very educated looking black girl that I have never met in my life randomly walked up to me and went "you look black but you aint. You is arab" (I'm neither for the curious minds).

I just said "you look educated but you aint. You is stupid"

Point: people will always find ways to say dumb things

HA!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Common sense isn't common anymore!!!!

This is the quote I use on a daily basis. I work for a big insurance company and we have people call in all the time just to gripe about our commercials or our mascots. People just have way to much time on their hands these days. Ridiculous!
    I am so embarrassed to admit that my father has done this numerous times, especially regarding commercials that he doesn't like. Like the poor guy or gal in the call center makes the commercials and can do anything about them.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options

The Aveo actually had a PLASTIC tensioner/pulley for the timing belt. And is currently broken down due to a faulty MAP sensor.

MAF?
    Mass Air Flow
    MAP manifold absolute pressure sensor.
    Kind of like a Vacuum sensor .
    And the Chevrolet Aveo is simply a rebadged Daewoo
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You can't fix stupidity. The scary part is, stupid still gets to vote. And procreate.
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So one of my many jobs, is to answer a hotline on our vehicles.

Company I work for is actually based out of Japan. Happens to employ THOUSANDS of americans.
    I have this woman today...

She called the line, and cursed me out. Asking why "our drivers we're driving around in America in Jap junk".
    Most Japanese automakers build more cars in the USA than the American manufacturers do. I find it incredibly amusing when people freak out over the foreign vs domestic car thing.

In my household we have two Nissans and a Chevy. Guess which one breaks down most frequently?

My chevy is currently broke down.

Never knew is GM an American company. They've also got plants manufacturing cars in South Africa.

---
    Having worked in retail in the past for 2-3 years. I have more tales of rude people than I care to retell. It's one of the main reasons I hated working in retail, rude customers. Especially when I worked in an upperclass mall and the irony is it was never the wealthy customers who were rude to me, it was SOME (NOT ALL ) middle class people who think because they're shopping in a higher income area they are entitled to act rude.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Get out of here!!! YOU are REPEATING that Stuff to THE WORLD...YOU are worse than she is to Me.

ETA: So what is this Thread about: Say DUMB RACIST Stuff under the "Guise" of "They Said"..BUT actually YOU Said!

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Right?? wow..
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Hotlines and call centres are crazy people magnets!!! Worked in call centres for over 10 years. People are crazy!

Agreed! full moons bring out even more crazies in the customer service industry!

I agree. I get paid to take crap all day from angry people who call up and act like its actually MY fault and speak like they know me personally.....rudeness beyond belief, words used that are only found in the urban dictionary! I love my job and take great pleasure from being extra nice back. The angrier they are the nicer I am and it works every time but I'm living under a permanent full moon. Much respect to anyone who puts up with it just to hold down a job x