Signs you need a vacation...

Options
124»

Replies

• ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    When answering too many emails you know how to accurately and quickly spell "hydrostatic", but not your own name (seriously, how hard is "Emily"?).

When picking up a call that YOU put on hold and you relay your full greeting...again..."Thank you for calling ___________, this is Emily."

When hearing about the latest competitor's food recall is exciting gossip (I work for a company that's NEVER been recalled).

When seeing a complimentary email makes you angry because it's one more thing you have to read.

**It's been over 6 years since my last vacation.**
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Making up your very own national holiday as an excuse to not work.....

When you jump out of bed at 7am on a Saturday thinking "S**t! I'm late for work!!!" and you rush to get yourself read for work and, in my case, my 4 yr old ready for school and finally realize at 745 that it's Saturday........
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    When I put my contacts in and spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't see right.

Didn't even notice that I hadn't gotten the left one in or that it had fallen onto the sink and was just sitting there.
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    When answering too many emails you know how to accurately and quickly spell "hydrostatic", but not your own name (seriously, how hard is "Emily"?).

When picking up a call that YOU put on hold and you relay your full greeting...again..."Thank you for calling ___________, this is Emily."

When hearing about the latest competitor's food recall is exciting gossip (I work for a company that's NEVER been recalled).

When seeing a complimentary email makes you angry because it's one more thing you have to read.

**It's been over 6 years since my last vacation.**

As far as the email thing, I know exactly what you mean!!!! I think it's time for a nice, long vacation!
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Here at my office our toilets and sinks run automatically on motion sensors. I know I'm in trouble when I'm at home and I can't figure out why the toilet isn't flushing and the faucet isn't turning on. :smile:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When you're chatting with a co-worker about snack foods, your phone rings, and you answer it by saying "IT support, this is Cheetoh....." ....... :embarassed:
    hahahaha
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When MONDAY night on your way home from work on the phone you say "mannnnnnnn it's been a LONG week"
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    When MONDAY night on your way home from work on the phone you say "mannnnnnnn it's been a LONG week"

I gave up a long time ago trying to remember what day of the week it was!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    happened this morning:

walked into the office grabbed my coffee mug and when to the Keurig coffee thingy, and brewed a cup... without putting in a new coffee pod.

....or hitting "brew" while your coffee cup is still sitting on your desk... :angry:
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Totally real and kind of scary...I have high blood pressure and almost passed out at work last month. After getting checked out by medical and my doctor, I came into work the next day. I didn't want to deal with the consequences of not showing up for work.

Yes, I am looking for a new job!
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When you are dreaming about work......more than once in a week. :sad:
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    When you answer your home or cell phone with the same greeting you use at work!!
    So answering the home phone, 9-1-1, what is the location of your emergency is not normal? I did that once and my very confused friend had to tell me I was at home!
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options

"did I forget my keys at home?" while driving down the road
    I called my wife the other day on my way into work and said don't call my cellphone, I left it on the charger. She said that's great by how are you calling me? Ooops