Part way there - still embarrassed but w/ a pic

Options

Replies

• CoachAnnika
    CoachAnnika Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Don't be nervous - BE PROUD and inspire others!!
  • OdeToEmma
    OdeToEmma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!

I understand feeling shameful about how you look - it was a shocking picture that started me on this journey. I am grateful for the wake-up call! (But not necessarily for the lingering evidence...)
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Jane
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I know the feeling all too well of missing out on family memories via pics... I am sad every day that I don't have pics of me with my kids...but I am too ashamed of how I look. But you are doing an AWESOME job and keep up the good work - looking forward to seeing the next pics you post! Thanks for sharing! :-D
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Don't know what you're embarrassed about; you look fantastic!!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    :happy: way to go!!! great job
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I think you look great- and you're right, I have been feeling kind of guilty about getting so inspired by everyone else's pics and being too embarrassed to post my own. Good job with the weight loss and the courage! You are one inspiring lady!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I continue to be amazed by how much younger and happier people look when posting. Congratulations on your success thus far and in the future!
  • skulcherry
    skulcherry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look great and are an inspiration to us all!
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    if it's any consolation, you've got a lot more courage than i have. you won't even find me putting a profile pic on here, and even on my facebook there is only 1 pic of me which somebody else put up.

that said, i now wish i had taken a pic of me at my very heaviest just to use as a comparison.

so anyway, you're doing great.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work--- it is really paying off! You look beautiful no matter your weight, and I hope you can keep pictures of yourself as a reminder of where you've been and where you're heading!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed your doing so well and look great!!!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome. There is no reason to be embarrassed. You realized where you were at and did something about it. You are almost down below 200 and that is fantastic. Keep up the great work and keep me posted!
  • sammi220
    sammi220 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! there is a glow about you in the 'after' picture. you shouldn't have been embarrassed we all have the same common denominator and that is to lose weight and when you achieve success you should SHOW IT TO THE WORLD. Once again congrats on your weight loss.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Today is an awesomely wonderful day. My daughter came with my two grandsons (ages 4 and 2) and we spent the day cavorting about. They just left for their two hour drive home and I popped into MFP to found all these responses and supportive comments from so many people. You have truly made my day! Thank you to everyone! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    What IN THE WORLD are you embarassed about???? You look FABULOUS! Absolutely nothing to worry about. ;c)

I'm 54, 5'9", and have lost 52 pounds since last Nov., with 28 to go. I'm really focused on cooking well (I'm from New Orleans), so please feel free to add me if you would like to share recipes, menus, and inspiration. ;c)
  • mynewvision
    Options
    High Five! Keep up the GREAT work! :smile:
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You have clearly made a difference and while you are not yet where you want to be, you are no longer where you once were. This is a journey that will continue for the rest of your life. Hold your head high over what you've already accomplished. There is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about.

Ditto. You keep moving forward. . . until you get the cute cowgirl belt. :)
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! I, personally, am very proud of you for posting the pictures even though you are embarrassed. It takes a LOT of courage to hold your breath and jump into the deep... and even more to admit that you are embarrassed and work your behind off to chance :D!!! 3 cheers to your hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!