Where are all the moms? Come...introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• yinellyrod
    Options
    I have 4 kids. Jaeven 6yo, Rheanne 4yo, & twins (yes twins/hands full lol) they're 2.
    We are happy and very busy with ours. NO WAAAY we want more. I had my tubes tied. Just in case some twins were to come again. Since the Doctor told us my body could have more ( for some reason he mentioned I don't remember) !!!
    -my pregnancy were fast natural (epidural of course ) with all of them.
    -Exercise at my house is very different at all times. It all depends how the kids are behaving. But I say sometimes at 1pm and others at 8pm. I thought I was the only one exercising so late lol...By the way I do JILLIAN MICHAELS (30 day shred, & ripped in 30) 3-4 times a week. With 5lb weights.
    - My main motivation to be fit is: to fill good in the inside/out. I've never been fat but tis time I had 10lbs I wasn't happy so I starred my journey just to lose those 10lbs, and I saw how motivated I was and the results I was getting I just didn't want to stop. When I started I was 155lb Im tall 5"6 now I'm 134lb. It feels so good to accomplish something, you always want to invent new goals!!!' " sky's the limit"

ANY ONE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS WELL!!!!! I live in NEW YORK if someone is around :)
  • catherinemaclean
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)

One Daughter, 12 weeks tomorrow (Maria)

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future?

Yes but not for a while.

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery?

C/section due to placental complications and breech baby!

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise?

Just starting to exercise this week-will be walking with baby most days of the week and starting 30 day shred when it arrives.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit?

Heath for my family and to feel/look good again.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? I have one child, 8yr old boy.

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? I would like one more but not until there is a ring around my finger.

3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? Had him naturally gained a good 50lbs with him (had this knack of polishing off entire chocolate cakes and cravings for strawberry cream pies at 4am) but because of the work I was doing at the time I lost it all shortly after returning to work.

4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? Last month I bought an elliptical so that makes exercising easier I can use it while we watch movies together. Before that I would use this thing called "The Wave" while he was playing and I could exercise then. I can't go out running my son would never go for it but since he's going back to school soon that might become another option.

5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? I quit smoking 3yrs ago, I quit drinking soda last November and I quit drinking alcohol last March... if I can do all that I can definitely reach my goal of a size 3/5. Size 3/5 are the size of my favorite pair of pants that I haven't been able to fit in 4yrs.

Good luck with your goals! You're welcome to add me as a friend.
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1) I have 3 children 3 month old (honey) 3 year old (mitzi) and an 11 year old (israel)
    2) No plans for other kids...
    3) I work out in the morning -- and recently signed up to do the 2013 tough mudder so have a lot of work to do to prepare
    4)I have lupus --- all my kids where premies earlest 30 weeks longest pregnancy lasted 36 weeks...
    5) Main motivation is to be a good role model and to stop abusing my body with food and alcohol...
  • Amandam35
    Options
    Hi i just signed up today so a newbie :)
    1) I have 4 children, Caitlin 14yrs, Holly11yrs, Owen 5yrs and Hannah 4 yrs
    2) no plans for more all done
    3)i fit exercise in when kids r at school or first thing in morn, or teatime if im motivated enough i find the time
    4)all pregs/birth fine had assisted delivery 1st time round ventouse, forceps the lot so thought never again and managed the other 3 on my own no drugs, no assistance :)
    5) motivation is having already lost 3st and changing from a size 22 to a 14 id like a little more off and to be a bit more toned hard i know after 4 pregnancies and big weight loss but running defo helps need to do more and also because i have 3 daughters and its easier to help them out now than be where i was 2 years ago
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi

1) I have 2 children, Allan (17) and Helen (15)
    2) Certainly no plans for any more
    3) Generally after work on my way home
    4) Pregnancies fine - 4 hours on 1st and 2 hours on second (from house to child out!)
    5) I want to get rid of the weight I have tried to ignore going on over the years.

Vicky
  • Hi; I am Christine!
    I am a 39 year old stay at home/homeschooling mom and live in Ontario, Canada

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have?
    We have 7 children...Rachel 13, Hope 11, Dennis 8, Bethany 6, Matthew 4, Amanda 2 and Steven 2 months.

I have learned over the years to never say never so I will answer with MAYBE!

Most pregnancies were good and uneventful.
    I had 5 natural births and the last 2 were c-sections because of positioning of baby.

Whenever I get a chance...I am just getting back into the swing of it. I will be walking with the baby as my main source of fitness.

I want to be the fit mama I was before getting pregnant and to beat the odds that are against me with family history of heart disease and diabetes!

Please add me as a friend, I can use the support and accountability!
  • shirayaparker
    Options
    1. I have on baby and he's 5 months. His name is Khi
    2. I want 3, planning on the next one in a year or two.
    3. A long 36 hours in labor, that ended in a c section
    4. When my hubby gets in from work
    5. To look and feel better about myself
  • helenb1983
    helenb1983 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)

1) I have 2 boys Ryan 8 and Alfie 3.

2) No more kids for me I'm very happy with my 2 boys :)

3) Pregnancy were fine just swollen ankles at the end really, Delivery was quite quick with both my first was ventose my second was just normal.

4) I've just started walking today with my friend while my youngest is at playschool we're going to be doing that on a monday and a wednesday, and then the rest of the week I'll being doing my wii fit in the evenings when the kids have gone bed .

5) I want to be able to run around with my kids and don't want them to get like me, and I want to be able to wear nice clothes not just jeans and leggings all the time :) x.
  • Hey!!

1.I have an 8 yr old,turning 9 on Dec.His name is Andrew!
    2.I do want another(hopefully a girl,but of course will take what God gives me)
    3.Either while he's at school,or before I go to work or after..He sometimes goes with me for a walk.
    4.My pregnancy was a pil rough,17 hours in labor,the whole time was at about 3 cm,they broke my water,and epidural didn't work on me:( after all that they told me I had to have a c-section..he was a big baby 9 lbs 14 oz..but worth all of it:)
    5.My motivation is for him to grow up knowing he has a healthy mom that can run around and be healthy,so he won't have to struggle like I have with my mom.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    1. One daughter- almost 18 months old
    2. She will be an only child
    3. Pregnancy- MISERABLE. Between my gallbladder and my ribs not expanding right I was in an extreme amount of pain. Delivery was a breeze. My water broke one night in bed, went to the hospital and contractions stopped. Got pitocin first thing in the morning, got an epidural about noon and she was born an hour later after 3 pushes.
    4. I work out about 8:30 in the evening after she goes to bed.
    5. I don't want my daughter to be embarrassed by a fat mom and I want my sweet man to have a hot chick he's attracted too AND, OF COURSE- I want to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror.
  • Rashon74
    Rashon74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I'm Rashon…

1. I’m a Mom of 3 sons… Ages 17, 14, and 12.

2. Nooooo way, lol

3. Although many many moons ago. All of my pregnancies went well. Deliveries 24.5 hrs, 12hrs and 7.5hrs.

4. Whenever I can. I used to have a great routine working out in the mornings after work. However now that I’ve changed jobs I'm trying to get another routine going.

5. To set a healthy example for my boys :smile:
  • Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    I have 1 boy age 16yrs and 3 girls aged 14yrs and 6yrs (youngest two are twins)

No plans, im 36 and my partner is 51 so its not ideal but never say never

First pregnancy was a horrid... sick from 11wks until 3 weeks after the birth around 10 times a day! got hospitalised several times. Then delivery was horrendous too induced on a monday and finally had him at 3pm on the friday with ZERO pain relief! Eldest daughter was a breeze..no sickness and a quick 6 hour labour... The Twins were a different story had quite a few problems during pregnancy as one wasnt growing properly and i ended up having a planned C-section at 30 weeks.

While the children are at school... hence why i havent done much for weeks while they have been on school holidays.

To teach them how to look after themselves and to be a good role model.
  • tbellamy1
    Options
    How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)

Hi,
    1) I have a 15 year old daughter. She a sophmore in highschool taking all AP courses, volleyball, soccer, a AAU volleybal.
    2) I tired having another child and lost her at 21 weeks. I do not plan on having anymore. My neice just had a baby so that is good enough for me :wink:
    3) My pregnancy was hard. I had a cyst on my ovary and had it removed at 21 weeks. It was 8in on diameter. But once it was removed things went well. She still came 4 weeks early. At a healthy 6lbs 7oz. She had someissues with asthma as a infant and toddler but out grew them and now is a star athlete, she is in the USAA year book as an All American Scholar and is class with upper classmen. :love:
    4) I workout when she leaves for school at around 6 am. My boyfriend leaves at 615 so I hit it then. I get about 30-45 minutes in before work.
    5) I want to be strong and sexy. Im getting older and things dont snap back like they used to. M daughter and I also look very much alike and she has a athletic body and I want to be just as fine :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I have 7,......
    2 step-kids sandi 30 sean 28
    2 biological kids megan 28 amanda 26
    3 adopted children caleb 15, bethany 14 michal 12
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? NO NO AND NO LOL
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? terrible I had morning sickness the entire pregnancy, had labor for a whole month off and on prior and pushed for 3 hrs with my first
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? as soon as I drop my youngest off at school I come home or stop by the gym and get my exercise in, on weekends i try to fit it in if it doesnt happen then i do it after dinner
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? my health, before i started MfP I was so sick I was falling asleep in mid sentence, falling down, I felt like I was just surviving , now I feel like I have my life back
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's introduce ourselves with some GTKY questions!

1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish)3 KIDS- 21,19,13:bigsmile:
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? NO:noway:
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? NATURAL:wink:
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? AFTER WORK:smokin:
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? HEALTH:happy:

My answers:
    1.) I'm a mother of two. I have a 4 yr old son named Quentin, and an 11 month old daughter named Lydia. : )
    2.) No more kids. We are happy with two!
    3.) My pregnancies where great until the late second trimesters. Both my children tried to come out early, and I was on mandatory bedrest until 37 weeks. My son was an emergency c-section (because he got stuck in my birth canal), and my daughter was a planned c-section (to avoid what happened the first time).
    4.) I exercise around 8pm when my youngest is in bed.
    5.) My main motivation is to be a good role-model to my kids. Not only that-- but to also be one of those "hot" moms, and not one has to wear "mom jeans" because that's all I can fit in. ;)
  • andi12589
    Options
    Hi. I'm Andrea and I'm new here.
    1. I have 2 sons. Jordan is 16 and spencer almost 13.
    2. No more kids planned
    3. Pregnancy for first was great and second a nightmare. All turned out ok and spencer is wonderful now.
    4. Exercise? Whenever I can. Jordan and I go to the gym together when he isn't playing soccer. I have no excuse not to workout with older kids but I see to find lots of them
    5. Motivation? Healthy future to see grandchildren (way future). Jordan told me he is embarrassed by my size and that really hurt.

Feel free to friend me !!!!!!! Thanks.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1.) How old are your children and how many do you have? (share names if you wish) 3 girls ages 11, 7, and 4, and one little guy who's 22 months old
    2.) Will you be planning to have more kids in your future? Not sure, we'd like one or two more but money is a real issue.
    3.) How was your pregnancy/delivery? 3 of my 4 were c/s and one (our 7yo) was born with significant brain damage. We also lost two babies, one to ectopic pregnancy and one unexplained 2nd trimester loss.
    4.) When do you fit in time to exercise? Get my butt to Curves 3x a week and try to do JM videos and such at home.
    5.) What is your main motivation to be fit? I want to hear someone say "But you don't look like you've had 4 kids!" ;)
  • tooready31
    Options
    1 child a 6 year old daughter

Nooo lol

I try not to remember too much.

I plan to exercise early mornings before my daughter gets up for school and if I feel truly inspired I will work out again at night after she goes to bed.

Other than being a healthier me, I would like to be comfortable in my skin again.
  • Cmgonzales03
    Cmgonzales03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello :) my name is Clarissa i am 21 and going to school majoring in nursing and I am also kinda new to myfitnesspal, so anyone please feel free to add me. I am in need of some serious motivation

I have a 5 month old son named Christian

I am undecided on having anyone more children my one makes me as happy as I think i can be!

pregnancy was good except for placenta previa during my 1st trimester. Delivery also went well I was in labor for 12 hours

This is my main problem, i recently started going back to school so when i come home i just wanna spend time with my baby

i am ready to wear normal clothes & be comfortable with myself again