PCOS ladies- it is possible. 106 lost in a year w/NO meds

Options

Replies

• SyxSix6
    Options
    So here's the basics of what worked for me:

Cutting down to eating 1500-1800 calories per day.
    Cardio exercise daily: walking, jogging, running, elliptical, biking. 45-120 minutes of sweating per day.
    And 7 months ago I added in strength training at the gym 2-3x/week.

I'm 5'8" tall and 32 years old.

Before: size 24 - 270 lbs
    photo-93.jpg

Size 10 dress - 164lbs
    photo-92.jpg
    If you have any questions, please ask.

Joy :-)

What was your diet like? How or did you manage your carbs? On average how many calories did you burn a day? EVERYDAY? No break? lol Over 100 pounds in a year is a great accomplishment. Congratulations you look GREAT! You are a great inspiration. I too have PCOS.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'8" and weigh 164 too! Great job. You look amazing!!! I am finding I can fit into most 8 dresses and work pants, but jeans and shorts are still size 10 (I'm still working on my gut). So are you done (not that you need to loose more) but just curious because my original goal was 164, but I'm going for 159!

I'm going for 150-160. Wherever I feel right in that range. I want to be stronger and faster and healthy.

I am 5'7" and I weigh between 150-155. I like the range thing. I kept changing my goals along the way.
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Cardio exercise daily: walking, jogging, running, elliptical, biking. 45-120 minutes of sweating per day.

photo-93.jpg

Size 10 dress - 164lbs
    photo-92.jpg

What was your diet like? How or did you manage your carbs?
    You are a great inspiration. I too have PCOS.

Thank you everyone!

I haven't done anything specifically low carb or no carb. I just stay within my calories as best I can. I use the exercise calories as a buffer. I have tried to increase my protein intake as I'm building muscle.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Way to go. You are an inspirtation.
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story!! Thanks for sharing you look absolutley fabulous!!! :flowerforyou:
  • navywife5810
    navywife5810 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I was diagnosed not too long ago and it make me think back to the past few years and how my body just hasn't cooperated. I decided to take control and work out no matter what obstacles my other problems - like PCOS - may put in my way. It's nice to see success when everything you've been told tells you otherwise!
  • Amazing transformation! So inspiring! Thank you for posting :flowerforyou:
  • karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing. Well done you are an inspiration to myself and women like me with pcos. Thank you for sharing your story :)
  • noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow,what an inspiring, motivating story! I have a 70 lb goal, although closer to 100 would be putting me at my ideal weight. You look and no doubt feel terrific! I recently joined mfp. Friday will be my first weigh in since last week. I am so nervous because a few weeks ago, I started off on my own, and sadly saw a 3 lb gain after my first week weighing in. I could not believe my eyes. Someone told me about this site, and I have been logging everything in since. Anyway, keep up the excellent work! "Maintenance" has got to be an awesome feeling. Any helpful tips are appreciated.
  • ceawench
    ceawench Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wonderful achievement
    congrats on your new healthy life style
  • debbieHOC
    debbieHOC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look incrediable... thanks for posting the pics. They inspire us to believe that maybe we can do it too.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!! great job!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Great job, I went off all meds about 2 years ago and refuse to go back on them. They were awful for me and did not help.

I am almost half way to my goa. It IS POSSIBLE!!!

Nice job! You look amazing.
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you Thank you for posting!! Congratulations on your weight loss success! I love reading these success stories. It truly is an inspiration, and great motivator to keep up the hard work!! You look great!!
  • spark_inthedark
    Options
    You are really an inspiration; proving that obstacles can be overcome if a person puts the effort in.
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW !!!! You look Great, Nice Work
  • juragirl
    juragirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You are amazing.
  • jamesbocco
    Options
    WOW! I had a very similar scenario. I'm 5' 8 too and was also 272lbs in October last year, I'm at exactly the same weight as you now too (164lbs when I measured tonight)but I look nowhere near as good as you do! I've still got a bit of a belly. I know exactly why that is, because I never put in the strength training, just walked, cycled and ate less...

Anyway, congrats. You look amazing, it's such a good feeling!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

photo-93.jpg

Size 10 dress - 164lbs
    photo-92.jpg

What was your diet like? How or did you manage your carbs?
    You are a great inspiration. I too have PCOS.

Thank you everyone!

I haven't done anything specifically low carb or no carb. I just stay within my calories as best I can. I use the exercise calories as a buffer. I have tried to increase my protein intake as I'm building muscle.

By the way that polka dot dress is FABULOUS!
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!