Anyone using Body by Visalus?

Options
I started on the Body by Vi shakes about a month ago. I am down 14 lbs since starting them. I came back to Myfitnesspal to log my food and calories though, because it helps me remain mindful of what I'm eating. Still staying around 1200/cal day. I have two shakes, one full meal and a couple of snacks. After a month, it's really affected my appetite, too.

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this product. The plan is to go to one shake for breakfast and two meals once I reach my goal weight. It's working great for me -- just concerned, of course, about what happens when I'm trying to maintain.

Thanks!

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Wow, is there an ad drive on for this or what? I've seen stupid amounts of posts in the last 2 days.

From what I've read it works buy cutting calories and 'as long as you exercise too', I'd rather my teeth got used and eat proper food for the same results.
  • rrolling27
    rrolling27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this company, what it stands for and the products! I have lost 100lbs and have kept it off. I recently started using visalus and have lost an additional 23! It has changed my life completely. I recommend it to EVERYONE! Take action today!!
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    scaaaaam
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It's a pyramid scheme selling a product full of junk. And yes, I can back that statement with actual research and scientific fact.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    All promoters, consider yourself reported. Carry on.
  • aremiw
    Options
    I love how some people are ready to bash and report people and products. When people buy stuff from the store and share how great it worked for them, NO ONE bashes or reports them, we encourage the PERSON on how great it works for them. Think about what you say and do.

ViSalus, HerbaLife, or Shakeology or any other product, DO work, if you follow it with diet and exercise. Most of us have used protein shakes... it enhances our fat burning. These products help normal everyday people make 5-10% on the purchase instead of some Corporation Xmart making 90% profit. Research and Learn instead of bashing and report.

Lets respect and encourage each other. <3
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I love how some people are ready to bash and report people and products. When people buy stuff from the store and share how great it worked for them, NO ONE bashes or reports them, we encourage the PERSON on how great it works for them. Think about what you say and do.

ViSalus, HerbaLife, or Shakeology or any other product, DO work, if you follow it with diet and exercise. Most of us have used protein shakes... it enhances our fat burning. These products help normal everyday people make 5-10% on the purchase instead of some Corporation Xmart making 90% profit. Research and Learn instead of bashing and report.

Too bad advertising violates the MFP rules. Take it up with them. I'll keep reporting people that try to profit off the MFP population by posting bogus threads to reel people in and then bombard them with advertising materials. I don't care what you think! :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this company, what it stands for and the products! I have lost 100lbs and have kept it off. I recently started using visalus and have lost an additional 23! It has changed my life completely. I recommend it to EVERYONE! Take action today!!

add me or message me Id be more than happy to share more about it!

You lost 100lb before taking this overpriced overhyped cr*p - seems like you were doing perfectly well without it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I like, forexample, Optimum Nutrition products and that is fine to say because I make no money off them and such it is completely within forum rules. Promoting these types of products in the way being done so far on this thread is specifically contrary to the rules. You don't like it, take it up with the owners of this free service.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Just to clarify for everyone - Yes advertising is again forum rules. However I see no advertising or links to people selling anything in this thread. We do no mind people inquiring about such products as long as they are not trying to sell them. These post will remain as they are not trying to sell anything just stating their stories and asking questions about these products.

If it said "here is the link to buy from me, I am a coach, sales person, and user, www.buymybodyshrinkingshakes.com, mention Scott for a 10% discount" This would be a clear violation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I actually have an ex best friend who sells the body by vi stuff. I know for a fact it is a HUGE scam as they photoshopped her to where she was "fat" and then her "new" skinny self. That girl was never "fat" she was always as skinny as a rail and athletic as all get out. Why would I trust a company and product that is even telling its sale people to lie and send out fake photographs of themselves (when all I have to do is go through her facebook photos, the time and date posted, year book photos etc, to show that she was never fat AT ALL)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Just to clarify for everyone - Yes advertising is again forum rules. However I see no advertising or links to people selling anything in this thread. We do no mind people inquiring about such products as long as they are not trying to sell them. These post will remain as they are not trying to sell anything just stating their stories and asking questions about these products.

If it said "here is the link to buy from me, I am a coach, sales person, and user, www.buymybodyshrinkingshakes.com, mention Scott for a 10% discount" This would be a clear violation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff

I was under the impression that comments like 'add me or message me Id be more than happy to share more about it!', especially while singing the praises in quite such a vociferous manner was against the rules. The OP is not the issue, but one of the posts does do this.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that comments like 'add me or message me Id be more than happy to share more about it!', especially while singing the praises in quite such a vociferous manner was against the rules. The OP is not the issue, but one of the posts does do this.

So certain type of social spam are ok - positioning onself as a community member and then name dropping is perfectly fine. Never mind that these one-post wonders are doing product placement and as such are impacting the brand-value equity of MFP.

MFP is saying it's ok to try to promote your products as long as there isn't a link. OK.

I'd expect a little less of this type of under the radar promotion on a website that has a large advertising footprint above and to the right. As a former career professional in web marketing and strategy (among other things) it's a smelly practice and a) I will never buy any of these products from any of these companies b) there will come a point where this will drive users away or create competitor sites.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use body by vi. I love it. It keeps me fuller than slimfast. Comparing it to slimfast, i can sure tell a big difference.
  • aremiw
    Options
    Thank you Scott for clarifying this to all the fine people who like to share results with whatever products they use. I guess every forum has it's "unofficial hall monitors"... I follow many sites it happens a lot. LOL XD
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    The shakes themselves are fine, with good amounts of protein and fiber as meal substitutes. But, the sales culture around Visalus is just too pushy. Just use the shakes and don't get caught up in the push to become a distributor.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It's a pyramid scheme selling a product full of junk. And yes, I can back that statement with actual research and scientific fact.

Ah, all the posts popping up make sense now. :grumble:
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    im on body by vi the shakes are yummy and i was not pressured to buy.
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    pyrimid schems are illigel and they dont have product and they just partnered with biggest loser in addition Dr Oz has backed this.
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    you should be fine on one shake and two meals thats how you maintain