Sept Squat Challenge

Options

Replies

• sleeplesslions
    sleeplesslions Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday! Better late than never!
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    Okay, I'm in! lol
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any cardio with that as well? I'm wondering if I can lose inches off my waist without cardio.

The squats are just extra on top of whatever other exercise regimen you're on. Cardio should always be included along with strength training workouts. :smile:
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    How's about adding 5-10 lbs rather than reps?

I added 5 yesterday and so did my wife ;)

I was at 185, she was at 90 (pr for her) Friday will be the start of PR run for me.
  • MuffinTopCadz
    Options
    Yes! Me! :) Great idea! :)
  • luvdachs
    Options
    Just saw this post today....I'm in! I have a couple of bad knees though, so I will be starting at 20.:happy:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    So far I've stuck to it and I even caught myself up after missing the first three days.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Up to 70 squats and I'm alternating between a mixture of different kinds: jumping squats, kick back squats, kettlebell squats or squats with 2 10lb weights.

Feelin' good!
  • bondmqb
    Options
    I am in that sound like we are going to be sore. I think I will start out with 40 today. :noway:
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Im doing squats using a leg magic.... Its a lot harder than doing normal squats

Your legs go outwards into a squat and then you pull your legs inwards back into a standing position... Really feel the tug on your thighs
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Squats with two 30 pound dumbbells when I go to the gym. 3 sets of 8. add in 2 sets of 20 lunges with two 20 pound dumbbells, step ups and squat jumps on top of that..

But simple squats I can probably do in my office. I have a sit/stand desk set up anyway. It will just look odd to anyone walking by my cube :)
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Im doing squats using a leg magic.... Its a lot harder than doing normal squats

Your legs go outwards into a squat and then you pull your legs inwards back into a standing position... Really feel the tug on your thighs

Nice. I'll have to add these to tomorrow's set!
  • kmm8784
    kmm8784 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • OraSabean
    Options
    I just found this today, so I will be starting this evening sounds great, and a good way to help build my knee back up
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

I was at 185, she was at 90 (pr for her) Friday will be the start of PR run for me.

Now we're talkin! :drinker:

Last week I did 10 reps at 242.5 lbs for my heaviest work set of the sessions (and new PR)
    Then 50 reps at 135 lbs (5 sets of 10)
  • BuzzyLizzy77
    BuzzyLizzy77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've just found this challenge, going to start tonight with 30 squats, may add weights but not going to commit to that today!
  • tracy63janis
    Options
    I'm in, but no photos. I am a bit photophobic. Starting tomorrow at 50.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

Now we're talkin! :drinker:

Last week I did 10 reps at 242.5 lbs for my heaviest work set of the sessions (and new PR)
    Then 50 reps at 135 lbs (5 sets of 10)

I was at 3x5x195 yesterday. Wife went 3x5x95 She was all happy to have the "big 25s" on lol. I'll be initially be happy to have 2 of the "big 45s" on each side heh. Well and I guess I'll be a bit happy to break 200 tomorrow.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My Sept squat challenge is to add 60lbs to my work sets of barbell squats. Wish me luck!

I'm with you, but I'm trying to add 15-20 lbs. :)

I'm noob enough and starting probably 10lbs under 5rm so it might happen. Ill be doing a sad 3x5x180 in about 30 minutes.

I started Sept at 110 lbs for 3x5.

Yesterday, I did 125 lbs for 5/4/3. So, I've added 15 lbs, but not quite getting 3x5. Should get it next time, so I'll make my goal for the month.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Up to 95 squats today. Added a kettlebell swing with a 15 lb kettlebell. I can really feel it burn!