Dear annoying co-worker!

Options
Moofey2
Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
What is your co-worker doing that makes you wonder about their sanity or hygiene. Maybe something that is annoying?

RANT AWAY!

(My mini question/rant)

Dear annoying co-worker,

You have been wearing the same shirt and the same camo shorts for 2 months now, I know because my cubical partner keeps track. I do not want to come across as an a**hat but you work with your mom and she drives you to work... Shouldn't she say something at least? I mean I understand people don't have alot of money but... You can at least have one other change of clothes right? And please for the love of God TAKE A SHOWER... PLEASE.

Anyone else notice people like this or is it just me?

Replies

• ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    mine breathes. That annoys me.
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The bloke I sat next to at my old workplace was constantly on the phone to his wife - she couldn't go 15 mins without ringing him and he'd sit there and try to talk as quietly as possible but I could hear pretty much everything and it was normally [in a whiny voice] "Oh no, are you ok?" or "Oh no, is she ok?" [they had 2 daughters]! It go so frustrating it was like she couldn't even ring the doctors to book appointments for herself of her daughters, she had to ring him to ring the doctors, who then had to ring his wife back to check that the time they were giving him was ok with her to then ring back the doctors to confirm the time was ok! OH MY GOD MAN GROW SOME BALLS!!! To top it off he lived a 5 min walk from work, she was on the phone as he cycled up the drive way and he was on the phone 5 mins before he'd leave!

When he wasn't on the phone he was a lovely guy!
  • Julescg26
    Julescg26 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    While you've got me ranting - I've only been in my new job a month and one of the other new starters I think is going to creep me out, he lurks, everytime someone moves or is having a conversation that doesn't involve him, he has to stand up and walk over and kind of join the group but not say anything, he just lurks there!
  • nbhobbes
    Options
    I really hate how coworkers ask me questions the minute I walk in. Like before I've actually started my shift or logged on to my computer. Worst of all it's all stuff they should either know by now or can easily look up.

I leave the building on my breaks and lunch just to avoid them.
  • dodihere
    Options
    My annoying co-worker never takes a vacation and constantly talks to herself out loud.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    /ranton

CELLPHONES PEOPLE!!!! When you're in a meeting and you leave your phone at your desk...>>TURN IT ON SILENT FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rantoff

That is all. You may now return to your normally scheduled programming.
  • Ridumcowgirl
    Ridumcowgirl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    mine breathes. That annoys me.

hahaha YES THIS exactly!:o)
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    My secretary's text message ringtone goes off every few minutes throughout the day. She has kids, so I don't say anything as that is how they keep in touch. I just wish she'd turn the volume down as it gets annoying hearing it over and over.
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One of my ex-coworkers used to moan about not being given any responsibility but when they did they mucked it up and I had to clear the debris after them. They never acknowledged they mucked things up!
  • KarenLamyman
    Options
    Dear Co Worker,

Please please please for goodness sake, have a bath, wash your hair, visit a hair salon, wash your clothes, do not let your cat sleep, go to the toilet on your laundered clothes. Also please do not come to the ladies when I'm in there to tell me theres a call for me.

Yes I understand things can get lost in translation but, cleanliness is the same in any language dont you agree?

Thank you
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I really hate how coworkers ask me questions the minute I walk in. Like before I've actually started my shift or logged on to my computer. Worst of all it's all stuff they should either know by now or can easily look up.

I leave the building on my breaks and lunch just to avoid them.

On this note I actually made a rule with one particular coworker that he cannot talk to me for the first half an hour of his shift, unless I talk to him first...no I'm not kidding...and yes it has worked out great. He is just WAY TOO happy first thing in the morning and in that half an hour I can get the necessary coffee running through my veins to reply if not in friendly manner than at least courteously. :)
  • boomboom011
    Options
    one co-worker wears loud flip flops and she sounds like a clydesdale! oh and for the record were not allowed to wear flip flops. :noway:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    /ranton

CELLPHONES PEOPLE!!!! When you're in a meeting and you leave your phone at your desk...>>TURN IT ON SILENT FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rantoff

People who leave their phones unattended on their desks should receive some interesting new ringers or wallpapers.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Dear co-worker,

I FEEL LIKE PUTING TOOTHPASTE ON MY FIST AND BUST YOU IN THE MOUTH....:mad:

Do not talk to me... my extension is 200. Brush your throat for God sake...better yet...WAITER! ((((whistles- and waives him down))) one scope on the rocks for my friend across the room- and keep em comin!:drinker:
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One of mine shuffles around the office in fuzzy houseshoes. That annoys me.

And another coworker begins each conversation with a very loud high pitched "GUUUUUUUUUURRRRL!!!"

"GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURL the printer is out of copy paper"

"GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURL, you want some coffee?" etc.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    dear co-worker,

please stop telling me i'm thin as a bag of bones now, it makes me feel really uncomfortable during this weight loss process.

just cause i'm at a healthy weight doesnt make me the bag of bones!
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My co-worker snacks ALL DAY LONG and smacks while he's eating. I also hear him clipping his fingernails all the time and I know he's not clipping them over the trash can so they're flying every where.

I have another annoying co-worker that has some terrible conjestion issues and is always making gross hacking noises and sneezes REALLY loud all day long. GROSS!!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    /ranton

/rantoff

My coworker (The one that breathes without permission) does THIS &&&& plays pandora all day long, blasting it with CRAPPY music that nobody likes. Pisses me off. She also doesn't know how to change an empty toilet paper roll....
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    THIS.

clipping-toenails-on-the-subway.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers listens to his voicemail on speakerphone :huh: I'm sorry, is there something wrong with your handset or headset? Our company has graciously provided both, so take your pick and USE IT!!! I don't need to hear your messages!!