Dry Wit? Geek / Nerd? Need Friends / Support? Me Too!!

Options
Ok, so I'm an "Old Fart" at 39...

I am a "Whovian" who clearly remembers watching Tom Baker on PBS back in the 80s...

The short run and British SciFi shows like "Misfits of Science", "Blakes 7", or "Red Dwarf" still hold a place in my heart.

"Benny Hill" and "Dave Allen At Large" STILL crack me up.

I need to lose IN EXCESS of 100 lbs... as Gabriel Iglesias puts it, I'm a size DAMN!!! lol

If you think you'd work well in the asylum I call my friends, Drop me a request!!

Replies

• misschevious1
    Options
    hehehe fantastic post :)....and if you are supposedly an "old fart" I can only imagine what I am at 41 hahaha ....we are definitely in the same boat or is that the same DAMN boat and would indeed be awesome to be buddies and support on here :laugh:
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    hehehe fantastic post :)....and if you are supposedly an "old fart" I can only imagine what I am at 41 hahaha ....we are definitely in the same boat or is that the same DAMN boat and would indeed be awesome to be buddies and support on here :laugh:

LOL Gotta love "Fluffy", don't you?!?!

Being an "Old Fart" is completely self-subjective... Like Indiana Jones put it in Raiders of the Lost Ark... "It's not the age, it's the mileage." in my case, I think I am long overdue for a complete rebuild!! lol
  • gse313
    Options
    WOW, Either the number of us Geeks or nerds on MFP is VERY low.... or everyone else is fooling themselves thinking they aren't one!! lol
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Denial? Never!

Just doing a very good job of convincing most people I'm not one ;)

Shhh
  • gse313
    Options
    Denial? Never!

Just doing a very good job of convincing most people I'm not one ;)

Shhh

I think you just let the cat out of the bag.... but just in case, I'll keep in on the D.L. ;-)
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    The profile picture probably isn't helping my case much either ;)
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    nerdgasm-21771.jpg
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I missed this before. Geek lady here, at age 41, dealing with the dual challenges of weight loss and rehab from two recent surgeries. I'm more of a sci-fi and computer geek, but definitely in solid nerd territory. I'm going to need support when I go back to work and can't focus only on my diet and exercises. That's still a month off for me. Feel free to friend me.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    WOW, Either the number of us Geeks or nerds on MFP is VERY low.... or everyone else is fooling themselves thinking they aren't one!! lol

You probably should have posted this in the "Chit-chat, fun and games" board. You would have lots of replies already. Anyway, I've got you all beat so far at being an "old fart/hag". Although, my interests are varied beyond just computer/scifi - I also like good action/adventure movies as well as scifi. Not much into chick flicks except for some of the folksy ones like "Places in the Heart", "Driving Miss Daisy", 'Forest Gump", and "Fried Green Tomatoes." I thought Benny Hill was hilarious and saw every episode of Monk, most of them more than once. Add me if you can use an old gramma in the mix!
  • gse313
    Options
    Turtle... Only a size 15?!?!? Damn... too small... I'd need a 16EEEE... I'm part sasquatch!! lol
  • gse313
    Options
    jpe & barkin... Welcome to our humble assylum... I mean nut house... I mean support group... I mean... Welcome!!! :-D
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Turtle... Only a size 15?!?!? Damn... too small... I'd need a 16EEEE... I'm part sasquatch!! lol

And I'm part T Rex, on my right side. Though with consistent (painful!) stretching, that arm is gradually apporaching human capabilities again.
  • gse313
    Options
    And I'm part T Rex, on my right side. Though with consistent (painful!) stretching, that arm is gradually apporaching human capabilities again.

jpe, I know how that can be...

After my car accident I had alot of therapy for my left arm and then, when they were finally done with it, for my rite leg... in between there I like to say I learned how 'Frankenstein's Monster' felt, a piece from here a piece from there and a doctor standing over you yelling "It's ALIVE!!!" LOL

You'll make it back... just takes time, sweat, and alot of telling the therapist "F*** YOU!!" lol
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    When I read "Dry Wit", I thought this was going to be a beer thread. I guess I'm a beer geek.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    OMG your avatar reminded me of a picture I saw!!

548495_423104541070979_1620623323_n.jpg
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    geek/nerd here. friend request sent.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Whovian, Trekker, and all-round geek, and proud of it.

(Love Red Dwarf too.)
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Smeg! Sorry, couldnt resist. Total geek here, spent years living in the UK growing to love Red Dwarf in addition to all things geek centric here in the US. (Firefly sigh Must have more. But I digress.) Im a gamer, a geek, a nerd, whatever you want to call it. History Major with Museum Studies, love all things Sci-fi and fantasy, play console and computer, watch Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, Red Dwarf, Black Adder, love randomly quoting Princess Bride and have my very own Schrodinger's Cat T-Shirt.. lol Add me as you will. :)
  • gse313
    Options
    OMG your avatar reminded me of a picture I saw!!

548495_423104541070979_1620623323_n.jpg

Amy... that is just terrible... FUNNY AS HELL... but terrible!!! LOL :-D

GeekyGirl... SMEG?!?! What did I say to call for such harsh language?!?! LOL

Everyone... Welcome to "The Nerd Herd" (Yes, I'm a 'Chuck' fan too!!)
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor...Don't call 39 old, lol. Be there myself real soon.