Options

Replies

• marthathebear
    Options
    Love eggs!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Eggs in any fashion are amazing! I eat 2 scrambled in the morning with oatmeal and then another one, hardboiled and chopped onto my salad at lunch...almost every day!
    If you don't have any history of cholesterol problems, eat away!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    YES! and always with chili powder!

Think I need to try this!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I love boiled eggs and eat them several times a week.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Love 'em!
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love hard boiled eggs. Often take one to work and have it with a piece of toast. Have two chickens so always looking to use up the eggs whilst they are fresh.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs are great as a snack.

Eggs are fantastic, you can make a whole chicken from one ...

Dietary cholesterol does not affect blood serum cholesterol.

Never has, never will.

And is 'high' cholesterol a good predictor for heart issues?

No.

Very much agreed.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I swear you can't listen to doctors these days...looks like I see more eggs in my future :)

Good man, most Doctors just parrot what they have been told in their brief 'nutrition' education.

And this is based on Bad Science and the desire to treat symptoms and sell drugs, not to address the underlying issues.

Take a statin to lower my cholesterol? I'd rather lick cyanide.

I've not had an egg today, I am feeling mighty guilty ... ;)
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yep! Hard boiled eggs are the number 3 item in my "most used" on MFP :)
  • GetFitKris6709
    GetFitKris6709 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Actually the cholesterol in the yolk is good cholesterol, not artery clogging cholesterol.
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    I eat 2 every morning along with 2 pieces of bacon on the way to work. Very satisfying.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love them but they have to be still warm from the pot.
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are a great and versatile high protein snacl/meat/hunger buster! Yum!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs are great as a snack.

Eggs are fantastic, you can make a whole chicken from one ...

Dietary cholesterol does not affect blood serum cholesterol.

Never has, never will.

And is 'high' cholesterol a good predictor for heart issues?

No.
    I :heart: you. You always make me smile...and you also have really good information. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are one of my easy go to snacks or breakfast meals. I keep some in the frig so I can just grab one here and there. I probably eat 6 a week on a regular basis and my colesteral is perfect.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs, but without the yolk, so much better and less cals
  • jojo4cats
    jojo4cats Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We eat two eggs daily, I mean, one whole egg and one extra white only egg (just discard the yolk) ! FYI, it is cheaper to use the whole egg and discard the yolk than buying those egg white product.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I too usually have a bowl of them in the fridge for quick meals. My favorite thing right now is to cut 2-3 of them in half, remove the yolks. Sprinkle the whites with a little sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Then I take 1/2 of one of the yolks and crumble it up over all the egg whites. If I have turkey bacon on hand I'll have some of that with it too. I like to wash it down with a small can of low-sodium V8. This is a quick brekkie that carries me a lot longer than I expected when I first tried it!

(I only use a little of the yolk because I have not had bloodwork done in a long time and am concerned about cholesterol levels, so just trying to watch it until I have health insurance again someday and can get a complete workup.)
    You may want to check the stats on your turkey bacon. Generally speaking it has the same fat and calories as actual bacon, and more sodium. I like the "recipe" though.
  • Bonnyr1971
    Options
    I eat hard boiled eggs alot!! However I only eat the white and it is a whopping 17 calories each, and has 11mg of cholesterol and 3.6g of protein per egg white. Delicious as a snack or i use in salad and just as my protein for breakfast and lunch
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love any kinda eggs! I mostly just do egg whites to cut the calories since I eat them so much!