Replies

• KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!
  • kknana
    kknana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting - I have PCOS too - I wonder if that is why the weight loss has been so slow. Any thoughts? I have stuck to 1200 a day for the last 4 months with 20 lbs lost total.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Just amazing! Congratulations!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Congratulations on your amazing success!!! You are a wonderful inspiration!!
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, and you are truly an inspiration!!!! Congratulations on your success, and thank you so much for sharing! I've also found that with PCOS when you buckle down and really live the lifestyle rigidly that you need to with healthy living and exercising you can lose weight with PCOS as well. Its just hard to have to be so on top of it I think. Did you follow a certain diet, like low carb or did you eat clean or something else?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    What a fantasic success story! Words cannot express how amazing you really are and how women with PCOS or Endometriosis could benefit from hearing this.

I have endometriosis and the pain & moods swings, especially in recent years, that it can cause are beyond frustrating.

Thank you so much
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! Congrats to you for losing the weight! I have PCOS thanks so much for posting. I needed to read this today. I weigh 280 and 5'9 so we have almost the same starting weight.

I have one question:

What kinds of foods did you eat?

Thanks again for sharing!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring and you look AMAZING - well done xx
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing! I have PCOS as well, and have been medication free since January---and funny enough, I didn't start losing any weight until I went totally off my meds (well, besides birth control, I have Implanon) and started regulating through diet and exercise. Switching to a "slow carb" diet, which is basically like the same guidelines that the American Diabetic Association sets out, has made a WORLD of difference.

I can't imagine having to lose or actually being able to lose over 100lbs, maaaaaajor props to you!! It's very easy to get a diagnosis and say "well, that's that, I'm destined to be fat" and just give up. SO amazing what we can accomplish when we just treat our bodies right!!
  • retrosandy1
    Options
    A W E S O M E !!!! Y ou are a GREAT inspiration to me.. I am 9 day in. Started at 248. already 239.6, I have not missed any days working out, and NOW EATING HEALTHY!! I am super Motivated and Look forward to the new me ! I am so very proud of you. You look fantastic ! and I bet you feel so much better now you have shed all that extra weight ! WAY TO GO !

SANDY
  • nikkiw283
    Options
    You look fantastic! I only hope that one day my after picture will be as wonderful as yours!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! I was diagnosed with PCOS and had been gaining 10 lbs a year since college before I found out...almost exact same story...thanks again for sharing!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Sexy mama. :bigsmile: Way to go!! And way to not let the PCOS be an excuse! Too many people use health issues as an excuse. If there is a will there is a way and you proved it!
  • jmhaeckel
    Options
    It was so nice to see your story first thing after I signed up. Your story has given me some more reassurance that I to can do this!! I also have PCOS and the only time I felt my body ever worked right was when I was pregnant with my 2 kids. I always found a excuse to why I could not walk or exercise. The kids are young and at home, I live so far out of town and on a major highway etc. Living in Oregon it rains a lot but I have noticed that people still go out and walk and run and exercise. Now that both my kids are in school I have no more excuses and plan to battle this weight problem once and for all!! I have a group of friends to help me along the way also.
  • Amie_LR
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing. I have PCOS and started off at pretty much the same point as you... I hope I look half as good as you when I finally reach my goal.

An inspiration, thanks for sharing.
  • TabethaH5
    Options
    I have PCOS, I had a child then wanted to get pg right away. But no such luck.My DR. ran some test thought I had pcos and sent me to a OBGYN. in 2002 I was told this is what I have. Went to the Mayo clinic to get help with it, was put on Met. but did not lose any weight. It made me REALLY sick to the point I could not leave my house. So I took my self off of it. 7 years later I got PG with DD1 and a year after that I got pg with DD2 with no help. then When DD2 was a year old my PCOS came back with a force. So my doctor told me to go on Glyboride, and to give up on losing the weight because it just wont happen. So it took me about 7 months to get my head out of my *kitten* and to prove the GYN wrong, I am doing this.

Any you look awesome, thank you for sharing your story.
  • cdhaverland
    Options
    Fantastic results, very inspiring!
  • idabentley
    idabentley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Last August I weighed 270lbs. Now I weigh 164. The short version: I stopped eating so much crap and started moving more.

After our last baby was born in 2010, my concern for my PCOS kind of fell to the wayside since we aren't planning any more children. I sustained a debilitating spinal cord injury in 2011, I decided I needed to lead a healthier lifestyle, for the future of my family. I was left temporarily paralyzed from the waist down, and permanently paralyzed down part of my right leg and foot, and had to learn to walk again. I began counting calories with MFP, as well as cardio exercise every day for 45 minutes or more per day.

Congrats! I know how tough it is to lose weight with PCOS, let alone with a debilitating injury on top of that. Very inspiring.
    I know everyone is different, and there are varying degrees of PCOS. But my weight loss journey was possible without the use of any meds. (I had used metformin for a few months while TTC #2 in 2007 and it made me terribly sick). I did this entirely through changing my eating and exercise habits. I'm not saying this will be the case for everyone. Obviously, talk to your doctor to find out what's best for your personal goals.

So here's the basics of what worked for me:

Cutting down to eating 1500-1800 calories per day.
    Cardio exercise daily: walking, jogging, running, elliptical, biking. 45-120 minutes of sweating per day.
    And 7 months ago I added in strength training at the gym 2-3x/week.

Thank you for acknowledging that some cases are worse and may require meds. I've been doing everything you did for the last year and a half and have only managed to lose 50lbs...and I've been stalled out at that point for more than six months. I just started taking Metformin and Synthroid (I also have hypothyroidism) a few months ago, so I'm hoping I'll start seeing some progress again in the near future. (FYI, except for a little diarrhea the first week or so, I haven't had any adverse side effects from the Metformin.)

I was diagnosed at the age of 16 and I am now 35, so I've been living with this horrible disease for a very long time. I have pretty much every known symptom of PCOS, and it SUCKS! Not only does it affect my physical health, it also affects my mental health because it affects my appearance in such a way so as to make me feel unfeminine and unattractive. I refuse to give up hope, though. I will fight this to my dying breath!

5'4"
    35 yrs old
    SW: 297lbs
    CW: 247lbs
    GW: 135-140lbs
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You look :noway: marvelous darlin'. That was truly an inspiring story that I appreciated reading today & much continued success to you for your goal's end. :flowerforyou: God Bless you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!