I am a runner damn it!!! Rant

Options
123457»

Replies

• schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    i love this rant. i consider myself a runner most days, a very, very slow runner. i'm proud of what i can do. i'm proud of pushing myself mentally to keep going.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Running with walk intervals.

run-walk.jpg

Just running.

just-run.jpg

Doesn't make much difference, does it? :smile:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Running with walk intervals.

run-walk.jpg

Just running.

just-run.jpg

Doesn't make much difference, does it? :smile:

love it lol.

and one question for everyone.....why are you in such a hurry to finish?:wink:
  • FurryLittleBunny
    FurryLittleBunny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amen! When I ran, I absolutely sucked wind. But ....I ran every day...enjoying the great outdoors...having fun...keeping in shape...making good friends at the gym...that's what it's all about. Forget those clowns...
    Bunny
  • dietanderson
    Options
    Interval running with the occasional long run is a great way to train. Don't stop!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am a runner too, GOSH darn it.
    That feels better.
  • anna4ce
    anna4ce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amen sister! I do the same thing and damn it, I'm a runner, too! I absolutely love my interval runs and every once in awhile, I try and see how long I can run without stopping. I started doing intervals and it was hard to run for 1 minute. Over the past 10 weeks, I have continued doing intervals and I can now run 8 minutes without walking. I have NO aspirations to run a marathon, and if I could ever run for 30 minutes non-stop then I would be ecstatic. But if that never happens, I will be just as content to run my intervals day after day - they are a lot of fun and mixing it up makes my running (and walking) interesting. I love it and I am a runner!!!!
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been doing run\walk for almost a year and I love it! I have certainly gotten faster without really trying.

There are some wicked fast run\walkers!

One of my coaches always told us not to let anyone say we aren't real runners.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

and one question for everyone.....why are you in such a hurry to finish?:wink:

OMG I say this everytime! Why go fast when you can go slower, get a bigger calorie burn AND get your entry fee's worth!!!
  • ccckwalk
    Options
    Girl, you just made my day! I am a runner too...I do intervals, inclines, sprints and the occasional long consistent run!!! Thank you for this...~Corina
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Why not find something you enjoy doing? Life is too short to do something you don't like doing.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!! I started Couch to 5k in May and restarted several times to try and encourage family and friends to start. Sadly they've all settled to either spectating or riding a bike while I do my interval training. The fact that I can do it while they can't makes me a runner. My 20 minutes of solid running in week 5 made me a runner in my mind and my very first 5k this Saturday is my personal milestone and goal to earn myself to real running shoes and not the cheap $30 shoes I got at Shoe Carnival. :bigsmile:
  • RDawn7
    Options
    Hi, Listen, ignore those that don't understand you. I used to be a runner, 5 miles a day. And, I ran because I loved it. Not to run K10's or marathons or train for the Olympics, just for fun. So, you go girl.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I migrated from the Runner's World forums to here was the fact that they'd say things like you haven't run a Marathon if you had to take walk breaks, and anything slower than 10 minutes miles isn't worth lacing your trainers up for :explode:

Thanks for the info. I guess I know not to use their forums. I average a 12-minute mile and have no desire to run a marathon....but I run every day!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You have to ignore others. They will always say stupid things. I'm a runner too and I could care less if someone wants to walk run go whatever pace. Nothing matters except how you feel and your HR and what it does for you.

BTW Don't forget a weight training program. Everyone needs one. I've been lifting for over 30 years and I'm 51 and I recently got a DXA sxan to check my bone density. LOL At 51.5 years of age I have the bone density of a super fit 30 year old! Now if that isn't proof that lifting keeps you younger I don't know what is. my workout is listed on bobbies fitness. I started it last year and it's put me in the best shape of my life. It's only 3 days a week, but you can do more (I do). It is specifically designed to give each woman her best shape, and it did exactly that for me.