Anyone else eat hardboiled eggs?

Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I generally eat up to 3 whole eggs a day. Love them any which way.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I eat two nearly every morning. My coworker's hate it.
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    All the time! My favorite breakfast.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    To throw out some fancy sounding jargon

Dietary cholesterol has little to no affect on serum cholesterol levels.

I find this concept intriguing. Can you provide a reference? I don't have high cholesterol, but it is higher than it was when I was younger, so I worry because it runs in my family. My husband does have high cholesterol.

Eggs are safe:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037012
  • smaschin
    Options
    I eat around 4 to 10 a day depending on the day.

doesnt do much for social events but then im not that socialable ;-)

And before anyone bothers to write a load of crap about that im eating too many and it is bad for me and shouldnt eat the yokes blah blah, then please feel free to refrain and take your head for a dump first, cheers ;-)
  • RichAdcock
    RichAdcock Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat one (or two) for breakfast 3 or 4 times a week. I bought some Jumbo eggs (100 cal) so one will be enough. I boiled 6 of them and brought them to the office. I usually have a banana for breakfast, also. Both are filling.
  • Golfgirl16
    Golfgirl16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled eggs are awesome! I boil 18 every Sunday night for the work week and eat 2 every morning with my yogurt. On the weekends, my puppy will wait for me to have my eggs so she can have the yoke. Dr's will say they're good...they're bad, but eggs aren't the worst thing you could eat...any fast food out weighs an egg!
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow. Seems like eggs are quite the popular thing. I'm making 3 for my preworkout meal!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love them. I cut them up and put them on salads.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

I find this concept intriguing. Can you provide a reference? I don't have high cholesterol, but it is higher than it was when I was younger, so I worry because it runs in my family. My husband does have high cholesterol.

I posted a few references on the second page in reference to saturated fat and cholesterol and the myths that are still be purported.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! The trick to getting the nutrients is to cook them slow!
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Everyone that is worried about their cholesterol, just take a little time and Google some information. Eggs are good for you.
  • SouffleBoy
    SouffleBoy Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Ya got ninj'd.

I don't eat them any more I've stopped eating eggs because I've been skipping breakfast for ages. When I do have them in the house I LOVE eating pickled boiled eggs.
  • dodihere
    Options
    Every day for breakfast. I suggest eating them as a snack, boil a half dozen and keep them in the fridge - much healthier than a bag of chips.
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good thing my work has a salad bar with hard boiled eggs :)
  • jabrafghneim
    Options
    Instead of boiling them I put them in a muffin pan and bake eggs in the oven at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Makes them sooooo easy to peel and the taste is much better as you don't chance runny whites or dealing with the messy shell. I also suggest eating them with a Middle Eastern spice called Za'tar (any Middle Eastern store carries it). It tastes out of this world especially if you add deli cured black olives or cured black olives.
  • snowbunnygirl
    Options
    No, you're the only one you special snowflake.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday. I hard-boil them, poach them in my oatmeal, scramble, fry...it's ALL GOOD :)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just figured out the nutrition in one egg and its actually very nutritious. For under 90 calories you get a satisfying snack and a good amount of protein(also low Carb)., It's relatively good once in a while- which is because of the high cholesterol in the yolk.
    I do all the time, but I have 3 and only have the white. Not a calorie/cholesterol concern, just don't like the texture/taste.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    yes, i love eggs and often make omelettes for dinner. add some spinach, tomato, peppers and low fat cheese.