Please don't log this...........

Options
1235»

Replies

• ttlmallen
    Options
    I am laughing so hard I can't believe it. I try to set good examples for my girls. Plain and simple fact, I have no excuses for having gained my weight it was just shear laziness in every aspect. The only way I am going to get it all off is to stop being lazy and get moving, and brushing my teeth is not going to get me moving enough. Now scrubbing the grout on my entire kitchen floor on my hands and knees, maybe. NAH!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    wow.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    well hot damn.. I just read somwhere that "hot flashes" can burn up to 100 calories for each one...... so I guess this means no more exercise for me ever... apparently I burn off 1000 calories a day already!! Giggle snort... :laugh:
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    this is an ABSOLUTE PET HATE.....i have friends on my list who log food shopping......and log 2 hours of walking for it! you spend more time stood looking at food then ya do walking! i do log my cleaning mostly just 20mins a day unless im doing some big cleaning but i do get some proper exercise in every day either a long walk, gym or insanity so at least im not cheating myself.....people eat back the cals as well, ive seen diarys with rediculous amounts of carbs, fat etc eaten due to lazy exercise and what gets me is why when MFP ups ur nutrition (due to cals burnt) to way over the daily allowence people eat it nealy all (if you understand what i mean.....so in the uk a womens daily fat allowence is 70g someone might have 80g due to 'calories burned' is beyond me i'd never eat it even if i had earned it the right way)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    headdesk.jpg

:laugh:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Okay 2.005467884 calories burned snapping my fingers and singing "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

If you swayed more, you'd burn more. Don't sell yourself short.
    OMG, I'm seriously going to die laughing at this thread.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Ate out for dinner and while chillin' out waiting for the check, I over heard a child who was playing on her mom's Iphone say "Mommy you count brushing your teeth as exercise?"

And mommy replied "Of course."

IDEA Fitness member

Doesn't surprise me. If this happened on MFP, the only thing different would be that the first response would be for someone to tell her she needing to buy an HRM to "if you really want to be accurate--I LOVE mine!!!!!!!".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    How do I log exercise for cleaning the lint out of my belly button?

IDEA Fitness member
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I'm going to see Bill Bailey tonight and laugh. Does this mean I can log it as 'laughing my *kitten* off' as it will burn cals even though I'll be sitting?
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who logs knitting.
  • skessa
    Options
    Doesn't surprise me. If this happened on MFP, the only thing different would be that the first response would be for someone to tell her she needing to buy an HRM to "if you really want to be accurate--I LOVE mine!!!!!!!".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    so true!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Instead of assuming she was serious, I would have assumed she was just joking.

That said, there are women's health magazines that claim you can burn 100 calories washing dishes! And 50 calories doing this and this many calories doing that. People who are uninformed might actually think doing those things counts as exercise and maybe if your life has been COMPLETELY sedentary that WOULD count as exercise.

Anyway. I say the mother was joking.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've actually deleted people for that before. Along with brushing their hair, showering, and things of that sort. Unless you're doing some serious squats or something while brushing your teeth, I don't want to see that posted. Haha. You're only cheating yourself.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It might have been a euphemism for something altogether more energetic :wink:

Alternatively, the mother might have been trying to stick to 1200. When I was I logged food preparation, washing up, anything to keep me slightly less hungry, and I still lost over 2lb a week. If a seriously overweight woman was attempting the same I can see why she might log EVERYTHING!
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Please don't log pinching a loaf.
    Please don't log walking from car to door.
    Please don't log reading. - eye workouts???
    Please don't log walking from chair to coffee pot 20 feet away, even if you went 5 times.
    Please don't be an @ss clown.

How many cals to you burn brushing your teeth? Like 2? Just a bit more then standing still? Super Face Palm!!!
  • skulcherry
    skulcherry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So when I log wiping my a**, that's NOT a good thing to do??? Darn. :happy:

ROFLMFAO :sad: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I use one of those battery operated toothbrushes, does that mean I cant count it?