Dear annoying co-worker!

Options

Replies

• ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Several ladies in my office wear sandals and flip flops. I find that gross. We are not at the beach and I do not want to see your toes at the office. Wear closed toe shoes!! And most of them also wear sleeveless shirts and tank tops. I don't want to see your arm pits either.

So, what you're really saying is that you are the annoying co-worker?

my thoughts exactly.
  • vinsonh42
    Options
    Ok I work in a very small office I work with 4 yes 4 other people. 3 men and 1 woman. I have no issues with any religion what so ever but the lady is always asking me why i don't go to church or what religion i am. Now I have worked here for 6 months and she has asked that so many times she should know the answer. She also likes to sing and sounds like a dying animal. She has been told be others that she sounds horrible and should stop but still does it. apparently another guy who used to work here would yell "NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS SONG" whenever she would start singing. Also she is constantly asking me questions about orders that would take a lot less time if she were to look up the information. Seriously she types out this whole question when all she had to do was switch screens and type Q and 5 numbers.... really? One more thing is she is constantly on about how her pants dont fit and she cant button them and that shes always been 95lbs until the last yr. She wants to lose the weight but never does anything about it. She wears her pants unbuttoned ans her grany panties wayy abover her pants and just doesnt care. Shes 44 and thin no pudge either. My boss (also my neighbor) likes to constantly tell me about this "all natural" diet that would help me lose weight faster and that he'd pay for it and i could pay him back slowly and always in the office never when i come over to watch his kid. Another guy spends so much time in the bathroom i mean 5-45 minutes at a time 6-10 times a day. wouldn't be so bad if i didnt sit in front of the bathroom... He alos likes to not pick up calls when the boss isnt here. The other guy is mostly ok except his hacking up a lugey every time he walks in the office and into the bathroom.

Ok I feel so much better. Sorry about the long rant.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My co-worker complains about everything, and I mean everything. From the time she comes in the office. Everything sucks in her world.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Several ladies in my office wear sandals and flip flops. I find that gross. We are not at the beach and I do not want to see your toes at the office. Wear closed toe shoes!! And most of them also wear sleeveless shirts and tank tops. I don't want to see your arm pits either.

So, what you're really saying is that you are the annoying co-worker?

Flip flops and sandals are not appropriate business attire. If that makes me the annoying co worker, so be it.

Wrong. Your dress code clearly does not forbid open toed shoes or sleeveless shirts, which clearly makes it appropriate attire for your environment.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    this thread brightens my day. :)

my boss puts scotch tape on her face to exfoliate throughout the workday.
    she refuses to touch her garbage can, so she moves it with her feet.
    she will not say the word "keep." no explanation there; we just can't get her to say it.
    she is on the phone with personal calls 4-5x/day.
    she's still making everyone look at pictures from her vacation...from june.
    she does very little work all day, and what she does is very slow. but when she doesn't feel i'm working hard enough, she'll walk up and down the hall asking everyone if they have work for me.

PHEW. alright now i can get through another day. :)

exfoliates with SCOTCH TAPE. That's it...this thread is done. That's the winner.

I agree she is the winner but becasue her co-worker won't say "keep".
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Dear WAY over paid Executive Assistant/Receptionist:
    I know you think you are being sexy, but no one wants to see your breasts coming out of your shirt everyday! And just b/c you can shimmy a skirt on over your @ss, it doesn't mean it fits! And please, please, bend at the knees when you bend over b/c I also don't want to see your underwear when you have to pick something up!!! Sexy is not appropriate for the workplace and what you are wearing isn't sexy anyway...it's just clothes that are 2 or 3 sizes TOO SMALL!
    Thank you.

This is hilarious! I can see why you wouldn't appreciate this, but maybe it's why she's WAY over paid??? LOL

I would actually understand if that were the reason, but it isn't. She has basically been passed around a few departments here. She was supposed to be our IT person, but once we were stuck with her, we found out she wasn't competent for the job. So she still got the same salary, but all she does is sit at the front desk, make personal phone calls and direct visitors. Whenever you give her a project to do, she messes it up so much that you never ask her to do anything else. Maybe that makes her really smart. She retires in 6 months so pretty much we are all just waiting until then and hoping that her replacement (whose position will be about 4 grades lower than the one she has) is much more help.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    TRUE STORY!!!

I used to have a coworker that always talked about her cat. How her cat and her discussed things like sports, their lives, anything that was going on. Always thought it was weird, but harmless. Then one day the other girls in the office were talking about the lady's cat and laughing about it. I was fairly new, so I really didn't understand. Come to find out from the other girls in the office that the cat she talked about was a STUFFED ANIMAL and she brought it to work everyday! Once she found out that I knew, I guess she decided to really show herself. She would spend her day talking to the cat, asking the cat questions, eating lunch with the cat....etc.

:noway: :ohwell:

I worked at a place where the HR Director and her husband thought their Cabbage Patch dolls were real children! I saw pictures of them opening presents on Christmas day! The husband had to go home at lunch time from his job and feed them! They gave them bathes every night! They went on vacation with them (don't know if they bought an extra seat for them on the airplane though). CRAZY!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    mine breathes. That annoys me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I work in a huge cube farm and the girl on the other side of the wall from me started about a month ago. The other day she actually asked her cube-mate (a 56 year old father of two girls) "why he never said how pretty she was"!!!!! She drives me insane!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    One of my co-workers listens to his voicemail on speakerphone :huh: I'm sorry, is there something wrong with your handset or headset? Our company has graciously provided both, so take your pick and USE IT!!! I don't need to hear your messages!!

leave him a nasty voicemail so others can hear when its played. id so do this
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    mine breathes. That annoys me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just being honest ;-]
  • MyBodyMyMachine
    Options
    HAHA, had to chime in on this one!

We aren't even in a cubicle situation and still the noice one co-worker 3 offices away from mine makes is enough to drive a person mental. He whistles, talks himself through his work, makes trombone noises while walking down the hall, and says "AYE MAMA" every time he sits down. People have actually complained. As the HR manager I had to say something to him about it, and now surely just to annoy me, he has gotten 5 times more obnoxious. If he is needy, defensive, and insecure about his job (HE IS), then he should try to be more PROFESSIONAL!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    this thread brightens my day. :)

my boss puts scotch tape on her face to exfoliate throughout the workday.
    she refuses to touch her garbage can, so she moves it with her feet.
    she will not say the word "keep." no explanation there; we just can't get her to say it.
    she is on the phone with personal calls 4-5x/day.
    she's still making everyone look at pictures from her vacation...from june.
    she does very little work all day, and what she does is very slow. but when she doesn't feel i'm working hard enough, she'll walk up and down the hall asking everyone if they have work for me.

PHEW. alright now i can get through another day. :)

exfoliates with SCOTCH TAPE. That's it...this thread is done. That's the winner.

HUZZAH!!! I feel vindicated. :)
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    she shows up at work............................I'm done
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Dear Annoying Co-Worker,
    For the past year and a half 9/10 times I have been the lunch b*tch. And honestly I don't mind. But if it is one of the RARE occasions you get my lunch two things.

1. recongnize when I go get lunch, I bring it back right away. I Don't eat in said restraunt first and bring YOU cold food.
    2. When I specify a type of bread and they don't have it, please call me and ask me before having it put on wheat.

Signed,
    Forever lunch b*tch(it's just easier that way)
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Dear Mr. annoying co-worker:

Please stop:

clucking your false teeth in your mouth after every time you eat something
    clipping your nails at your desk
    making constant exhaling/mouth breathing noises all day....sounds like you're either watching an X rated movie or are actually participating in one, and i'm scared go to look :noway:

thanks!!
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Dear WAY over paid Executive Assistant/Receptionist:
    I know you think you are being sexy, but no one wants to see your breasts coming out of your shirt everyday! And just b/c you can shimmy a skirt on over your @ss, it doesn't mean it fits! And please, please, bend at the knees when you bend over b/c I also don't want to see your underwear when you have to pick something up!!! Sexy is not appropriate for the workplace and what you are wearing isn't sexy anyway...it's just clothes that are 2 or 3 sizes TOO SMALL!
    Thank you.
    This is not a problem...
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    TRUE STORY!!!

I used to have a coworker that always talked about her cat. How her cat and her discussed things like sports, their lives, anything that was going on. Always thought it was weird, but harmless. Then one day the other girls in the office were talking about the lady's cat and laughing about it. I was fairly new, so I really didn't understand. Come to find out from the other girls in the office that the cat she talked about was a STUFFED ANIMAL and she brought it to work everyday! Once she found out that I knew, I guess she decided to really show herself. She would spend her day talking to the cat, asking the cat questions, eating lunch with the cat....etc.

:noway: :ohwell:

I worked at a place where the HR Director and her husband thought their Cabbage Patch dolls were real children! I saw pictures of them opening presents on Christmas day! The husband had to go home at lunch time from his job and feed them! They gave them bathes every night! They went on vacation with them (don't know if they bought an extra seat for them on the airplane though). CRAZY!

HR Director??? As an HR professional that disturbs me....
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    On my...where do I start???? First, he has some kind of blinking problem, which I guess is something mental, but still its hard to
    look him in the eye for very long. Next he plays with his ears...he pulls them, and actually tucks his lobe into the ear and you
    wouldn't believe this...but it "pops" back out! He also constantly rubbs his face and neck, and the last....his wife makes home-made soap and he smells most of the time!
  • tabooski
    Options
    hate when they do that.