Question for the guys - What do men look for in a woman?

Options

Replies

• kimg68
    Options
    I actually read an article in Glamour magazine where they interviewed a bunch of men and a lot of them said that we judge ourselves too harshly on what our bodies look like, that the majority of them think we look just fine and aren't into big fake boobs and skinny as a rail. Found that interesting, you always hear a guy say, "you look fine.." but you just think they are being nice, maybe they're really telling the truth, haha

I have guy friends that have told me this....
  • kimg68
    Options
    sammiches! :laugh:

Now that's funny! And probably true for some guys!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Apart from physical attraction...

Smart...intelligent, funny, career minded/goal driven.

There is also the what I don't look for which trumps the above:

Not clingy, not needy, not insecure, not JADED...it's hard to find someone who doesn't lug arround these kind of attributes.

I've always wondered what constitutes as needy or clingy or insecure? Are we talking extreme cases or is any level of these equally unattractive?

I think everyone feels insecure or needy at times (like when one is sick! HAHA!) but I don't think these things are inherently unattractive unless they are over the top and constant.

Just sayin'. Haha.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of men should just say "a female version of myself" :tongue:
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    pulse and 2 holes
    this I am sorry to say was what I was expecting most of the replys to be...
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SIGH.
    Despite their sometimes misguided attempts to convince us otherwise.. men as a group or "species" are just as individual, unique and multi-faceted as women.. and so then too are their preferences.

This. This. THIS.
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    pulse and 2 holes
    only 2? You must date prudes....

No holes barred FTW!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    We really aren't as deep as women think we are.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think the better question is "What drives men away?".

Ever notice that unattractive girls have boyfriends too? Sure, cuties will get our attention - but then it's a quick list of traits that 'remove' them from the list. Among them are the "Princess" entitlement. I do not exist for her pleasure - I am not a slave. If I'm given the impression that I have to do ANYTHING in order to be blessed with a smile - see ya. If I am not important enough to her to do the little things for - without some massive repayment plan, see ya. If I'm expected to take her out to a fancy and expensive resturant so that I may enjoy the pleasure of her company - see ya.

I want an equal - not a superior, nor an inferior. If she can't treat me in the same way as I treat her - see ya.

I've seen many women freely and of their own accord treat others, in a way you could not pay me to do. To them, they are being "choosey" - to me they made my decision for me ... see ya.
  • kimg68
    Options
    We really aren't as deep as women think we are.

That's good news :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Nobody approaches a girl at a bar because of her personality.

Boobs help. Big ones.

mine are small, but I was cute and crazy, which seemed to make up for my cleavage deficiency.
  • gameny
    gameny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me? Humor, a nice personality, and the ability to carry a conversation...(Exterior appearances aren't as important)..The beauty on the outside might fade with the passing of years, it's the beauty on the inside that truly shows and remains..
  • glonigan
    Options
    Being comfortable with who you/they are and not taking oneself to seriously have to be my top two.
  • tonycstanton
    tonycstanton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feminism basically. If you cover yourself up and dress like tomboys then you reduce your appeal to the male gender. By up to 75% I was reading somewhere.
  • kimg68
    Options
    I think the better question is "What drives men away?".

Ever notice that unattractive girls have boyfriends too? Sure, cuties will get our attention - but then it's a quick list of traits that 'remove' them from the list. Among them are the "Princess" entitlement. I do not exist for her pleasure - I am not a slave. If I'm given the impression that I have to do ANYTHING in order to be blessed with a smile - see ya. If I am not important enough to her to do the little things for - without some massive repayment plan, see ya. If I'm expected to take her out to a fancy and expensive resturant so that I may enjoy the pleasure of her company - see ya.

I want an equal - not a superior, nor an inferior. If she can't treat me in the same way as I treat her - see ya.

I've seen many women freely and of their own accord treat others, in a way you could not pay me to do. To them, they are being "choosey" - to me they made my decision for me ... see ya.

I couldn't agree with you more. If I wanted a doormat, I would go to Lowes.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Someone with a good sense of humor. and a good attitude.

Looks are temporary and one day I'm going to need a blue pill to salute. When that happens, I hope that I have someone to sit next to me on the porch. And maybe pop out her dentures every once in a while.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I will be in the dating world soon, I am taking notes...carry on!!
  • nbhobbes
    Options
    Here is what I look for..

Sense of humor - Absolute must. Nothing worse then hanging out with a girl who can't see the funny side of things.
    Overall looks & Appearance - A lot of initial attraction is physical in nature.
    Intellignece - Sorry but women who are as dumb as dirt are just unattractive to me.
    Funloving and outgoiong - While we don't have to have 100% the same interests it's good when someone is up for going out to do something. Even if it's something they have never gone to or aren't sure they will enjoy.
    Good lover - Sorry but if being intimate is boring or not good then it's not gonna work out between us.
    Good person at heart - Just a quality that not enough peopel have in genearal.

Other things that I really find attractive but aren't 100% required
    Little to no baggage - Phyiscal and emotional. (Pets don't count as baggage)
    Eclectic - I like artsy women.
    Likes/plays soccer - I'm a huge fan so ladies score bonus points for getting it.
    Good taste in music - It helps as I really enjoy concerts and checking out new music.

Last but not least she has to have that "it" factor.

Hard to describe but it's something that makes the diffeernce between a smart match and a good match. It's that somthing about a girl that sets her apart from the others. Women who have it are a lot more desireable then the ones who don't have it. Can't really say exactly what it is but I know when it's there or not.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Apart from physical attraction...

Smart...intelligent, funny, career minded/goal driven.

There is also the what I don't look for which trumps the above:

Not clingy, not needy, not insecure, not JADED...it's hard to find someone who doesn't lug arround these kind of attributes.

I've always wondered what constitutes as needy or clingy or insecure? Are we talking extreme cases or is any level of these equally unattractive?

I think everyone feels insecure or needy at times (like when one is sick! HAHA!) but I don't think these things are inherently unattractive unless they are over the top and constant.

Just sayin'. Haha.

Insecurity/clinginess tends to manifest itself via jealousy...via constant texts/phone calls....especially when you're out with the boys, and even moreso when she is constantly needing to be told that she DOES look great.

You are correct, everyone does feel needy at times, but that's more to do with a give/take relationship where you just feel the need to be pampered, spolied, or just loved.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I will be in the dating world soon, I am taking notes...carry on!!

Let me know if you need someone to break you in....

As you were.