What's YOUR NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My nonscalevictory was actually lastnight. My 17 yr old daughter got he results of a biopsy that was taken on her back. It wasn't exactly good news. She has cancer and it has involved one lymphnode.
    The prognosis is good, but she will have to be a lab rat for a while. Poor kid...just starting her senior year in highschool....

BUT... to deal with this blow (which is on the tail strings of my breast cancer, and deaths of a few friends and their children) ALL I WANTED was a LARGE philly steak pizza from dominos........A tub of icecream and some candy! and chips of course......

I instead went to the fridge, got two eggs and the bread and made a breakfast for dinner.... eggs on toast...it filled me up, and didn't add a TON of calories to my day. I was still short 500+/- calories....

we still need to deal with the cancer issue, but I won't deal with it with food..........
  • sandra584
    Options
    I am SO glad to be reminded of NSV. It feels so liberating to ride my bike, and like most things in life, I need to do it NOW. I was hit by a car while riding in the bike lane, years ago, and fear kept me off a bike, until a friend had an emergency that demanded I ride his bike for help. Why would I wait to do something that feels so good? Plus, I do not have to feel like I am being judged, when I want to be invisible -- riding my bike, I'm moving too fast, and too sleekly, for anyone to have time to judge. I ride at least 6 miles, every day, working up to 12 miles, before the snow flies. My NSV is getting out and riding, pedaling all the way, never stopping or coasting, my NSV is the exhilaration I feel!.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Hi was very touched with your present situation. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your daughter
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    .the jeans i have on fit real nice..I dont have to "pull" the jeans over my "fat" stomach when sitting down..mind you..I am actually 7 pounds heavier now than when i bought them..something to be said about eating more to weigh less and weight lifting
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was changing out my navel ring to a smaller length - I've lost so much fat in my stomach that I don't need my crazy long barbell anymore!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure at the Doc's office yesterday was 120/70. First time I have had a normal BP in many years.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I could actually see it when I peed!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    ran 4 miles at 8:43 pace (training for my second half marathon-shooting to finish under 2 hours)
  • TiffanyyNicole
    Options
    I was able to button up my black skinny jeans that I haven't worn in months.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    I don't think the belly thing is disgusting, be proud! Mine is that I biked to work today (18 miles).

congrats on the bike ride.... green and healthy what an AWESOME combination!!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Fasting despite feeling super hungry. Being successful at avoiding the scale till October 5th. Not letting the number on the scale define me anymore.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I feel lighter!
  • RistinaWin
    RistinaWin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine is, I completed the first week of C25K. It's hard but I'm doing it and so proud of myself!
  • kristothae
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! That's huge! I can't wait to see my belly button again haha. Mine for the day is the numerous compliments I've gotten on my "figure-flattering" work dress. Definitely put a little pep in my step today :)
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm losing my insulation....I'm freezing here at work!:embarassed:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    my NSV? i wore a dress....

I WORE a dress.......

i never wear dresses...i always wear jeans or separates...(skirt and top)

but today it's totally a dress day....

and I feel fantastic!
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've lost no weight this week yet but my arms look so good - they look toned! (Not big strong muscles but definitely toned up much more so I'm chuffed). Also, my work trousers aren't cutting me in half when I sit down :happy:
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I got myself up in time to do some exercise BEFORE I had to rush to go to work.
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    Running outside in a sports bra and running shorts for the first time ever, and getting honked at : ) I must look pretty good for a 34 year old mamma : ) lol
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Sent my babies (6, 12 & 14) off to their first day of school and realized how blessed I am to have healthy kids, a healthy husband and to be healthy myself. God has blessed me and I am grateful. My LIFE is my NSV!!!