Question for the guys - What do men look for in a woman?

Options

Replies

• Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    One would think that in the 116 years of Cosmopolitan Magazin's existence this question would be answered.

Amirite or amirite??

Isn't Cosmo, and other biased media sources the cause of most of the ires of modern society? They want to sell beauty because they make most of their money advertising, not actually selling the magazines. Keep drinking the KoolAid kids, marketing works!
  • forsettii
    Options
    Going to say something. First take you see a woman with nice "features".

Then you start talking to her. Well most of the time they can't hold a conversation about much.

Then you start looking at her friends the "normal" that were invisible at first. The ones that have a personality and shared interests.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    A realist with a sense of humor.
  • mandypinetown
    Options
    :drinker:
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    SUPPORTIVE (so rare)
    into athletics and a goofball/funny. spontaneous and nurturing.
    a siren/WOMANLY
  • MyTime1207
    MyTime1207 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of men should just say "a female version of myself" :tongue:
    Similar interest are nice.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know from the guys point of view, what it is that you look for in a girl/woman? Not just how they look, dig deeper then just appearance :)

I've heard that bad grammar can be a deal breaker...

I guess every message board has one. Looks like the Grammer Police have arrived. Welcome to the party. Now, do you have anything relevent to add?

Yes..read above. I was being serious.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know from the guys point of view, what it is that you look for in a girl/woman? Not just how they look, dig deeper then just appearance :)

I guess every message board has one. Looks like the Grammer Police have arrived. Welcome to the party. Now, do you have anything relevent to add?

Actually, most men could care less about grammar. They do not however like prude women. Take note
  • Dub_D
    Options

Actually, most men could care less about grammar. They do not however like prude women. Take note

The *kitten* are you talking about? lol How am I a prude?
  • Dub_D
    Options

Then vs. than? If that's a deal breaker, I'm good with that. I'm not looking for an English teacher.

By the way, I have also heard that being a ***** is a deal breaker.....Grammer can be corrected, being a ***** is more of a life sentance. Hope you're good with that.

*sentence
  • Rothwilder
    Rothwilder Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Many different good qualities. The one we DON'T want.....those that feel they need to text us 1000 times a day and expect us to answer each one in less than 15 seconds.

Preoccupation with your cell phone is a HUGE no in the modern day.
  • kimg68
    Options

Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but that is not proper grammer.
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Although I am not a guy, it seems that being fun, sense of humor, easy going, smart, not clingy, and secure with yourself - and of course take pride in your appearance - isn't it the same for both sexes? And good/fun in the sack.....
    My hubby says this is one smart girl (above)
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    For me:

Intelligence, first and foremost. You don't have to be worldly or well-read, even. But, you should be able to understand an unfamiliar topic well enough to know how to ask questions.
    Sense of humor. The more warped the better. Easily offended types need not apply.
    Looks This is 3rd, but it's a fairly distant 3rd. In a perfect world it wouldn't matter, but this one is far from perfect. Assuming dating will eventually become physical - well...not to put to fine a point on it but - my d!ck will need to get hard at some point - and that means I have to have a physical attraction. Smarts and personality can go a long way, and I've had less physically attractive girls grow to become VERY attractive to me based on personality, but yeah - it's there and it's a thing.

Those are kind of the general ones. I'm a HUGE sucker for girls with weird colored hair, girls who make their own clothes, girls who are artsy/craftsy, "quirky" girls, and nerdy girls. Also: any girl who calls me "honey" or "sweetie."

:love:

Oh and a really big one: I really can't get into girls who need a man to "complete" them or whatever you want to call it. I am looking for an EQUAL, not a servant, not a silent partner, and not someone whose happiness is dependent on having a man in their life. It's been said here before, but whenever I see posts that go "so my boyfriend/husband/whatever doesn't allow me to ______________" I just shake my head and go :huh: . I want a girl who would get a hernia from laughing if I ever tried to "forbid" her from doing something, since that's the response she'd get from me if it went the other way.

:drinker:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    A heartbeat.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but that is not proper grammer.

*grammar
  • mandypinetown
    Options
    Many different good qualities. The one we DON'T want.....those that feel they need to text us 1000 times a day and expect us to answer each one in less than 15 seconds.

what about a messenger pigeon?
  • kimg68
    Options

Then vs. than? If that's a deal breaker, I'm good with that. I'm not looking for an English teacher.

By the way, I have also heard that being a ***** is a deal breaker.....Grammer can be corrected, being a ***** is more of a life sentance. Hope you're good with that.

*sentence

Look at me with my bad spelling and poor grammer. I'm off now to by me a phew catz. Know mans evir gonna want mee.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options

Do you know what it means??
    Definition: a person who is excessively proper or modest in speech, conduct, dress, etc.

You my dear... are being WAY proper in your speech. Give it a rest and leave the OP alone. You come off as prude, rude and a little bit of a, well... you know.
  • Rothwilder
    Rothwilder Posts: 32 Member
    Options

what about a messenger pigeon?

Oddly enough, I think that would be the coolest alternative ever. Until the pigeon attacked!