Replies

• jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ooooo i have a lot because i run into this all the time hahahaha mine are all high protein due to my low carb diet

1st
    canned tuna with miracle whip w/ veggies
    2nd
    venison smokies (or a lean smokie if you don't have venison) w/ veggies

3rd
    premade salmon (can get at costco) w/veggies

4th
    salad with whatever precooked meat you have

5th
    i know this is cooking... but its super fast: scrambled eggs or an omlette with meat and veggies

i will stop while i am ahead but those are my favs:)
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Cheerios :)
    Scrambled eggs, egg sandwich, hard boiled eggs
    Greek yogurt and fruit, with uncooked oatmeal and toasted almonds sprinkled on it
    I have gotten pretty good at whipping up a salad in just a few minutes and I toss some black or kidney beans and a little goat cheese on top. (Love the lettuce mixes, mini cucumbers and baby bell peppers. My 5 year old does too.)
    Hummus with raw veggies and a handful of mini pretzels.
    Progresso light soups.
    I also usually have a couple Lean Cuisine in the freezer for "just in case".

I find cooking a large quantity of protein at a time comes in very handy for quick salads, sandwiches, etc. Right now I have a container of ground turkey cooked and crumbled, and just baked 2 lbs of beautiful fresh salmon. I also usually boil a dozen eggs each week, peel them & keep them in a tightly sealed plastic dish for quick snacks or meals, salad toppings etc.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Amy's Vegan Vegetable Pizza, I add a few more peppers and sundried tomatoes to it. Its about 400 calories for half of the pizza! Takes only 10 minutes to bake too :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sardines and triscuit dill crackers....

I'll have to try this I've recently bought some sardines and anchovies but havent been brave enough to try.

My go to meal is cottage cheese, tomatoes, and lemon pepper
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I do the salad thing too.

Typically I cook chicken tenderloins a few times a week, and always have leftovers, so I stick the grilled pieces in the fridge.

Quick Salad:
    Cut up Leftover Grilled Chicken
    Lettuce of Choice
    Carrots
    Cucumber
    A sprinkle of cheese
    2 tbs of croutons (for crunch) OR sometimes I use McCormick Salad Toppins
    Light Raspberry Vinaigrette
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Usually I will throw a salad together with tons of veggies, olive oil, vinegar, and a can of garbanzo beans. I think I could eat this everyday!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Water packed salmon or tuna with veggie wheat thins; taste GREAT and VERY fulfilling :)
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Egg white omelet or egg white sandwich
    Smoothie with protein powder
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Once a week a make a huge crockpot full of chicken to have during the week for lunches or super easy dinners. I take 8 - 10 frozen chicken thighs, sprinkle over seasoning and sometimes some onions, and cook the whole thing overnight and its perfect the next morning. a few minutes of advance planning and my week just got a whole lot easier.
    This is what i have when i don't want to, or don't have time to, cook. So nummy! This can turn into chicken salad, plain roast chicken, sandwiches, you name it....enjoy!
  • chachylove
    chachylove Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i looooooooooooooooooe the butternut squash soup by campbells with tabasco sauced. now when you guys say greek yogurt do you mean fat free or regular
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I take a pouch of tuna mix it with a teaspoon of mayo and a teaspoon of relish. I then spoon it onto either crackers or veggie chips.

I also sometimes cook up a big pot of minestrone soup on like a sunday and eat at it the entire week for dinner.
  • kevinsbarrett
    kevinsbarrett Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Granola, fruit, yogurt and almonds
    Hard boiled eggs, cheese and fruit
    Precooked chicken breast, salad mix and veggies
    McDonald's Bacon Ranch Salad
    McDonald's Caesar Salad
    Rice cakes with Peanut Butter, baby carrots and red pepper slices
    Pita, hummus and fruit
  • karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    lately: liverwurst, cheese and a tomato (not all mixed together). Yum!!
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    sardines and triscuit dill crackers....

I'll have to try this I've recently bought some sardines and anchovies but havent been brave enough to try.

My go to meal is cottage cheese, tomatoes, and lemon pepper

I LOVE good quality Sardines! I have had some bad ones tho!! Trader Joes Boneless skinless in olive oil are my fav!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Well... I don't consider boiling water and using a toaster oven "cooking" so when I'm lazy (which is often) I eat: boiled eggs, frozen broccoli in big bags that I steam, canned tuna, whole grain sandwich thins thrown into the toaster, greek yogurt & salsa. Also, cans of black beans or kidney beans go great with that... with a spoonful of the salsa mixed in. This is something I will often even have for breakfast.

ETA: How could I forget... spoonfuls of peanut butter on the toast!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Really lazy BUT quick-cooking oatmeal done in the microwave topped with dried cranberries and walnuts. Easy and healthy.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I try and bake chicken breasts once a week - and keep them in the fridge or freezer for easy dinners. My favorite - baby spinach with chopped up chicken breast, some carrots (baby, raw) a hand full of peas and a bit of light ranch dressing. I put it all in a bowl and stir it up together (needs lots less ranch dressing that way). Fast, healthy and delish!
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Costco rotisserie chicken

I am also a fan of pb&j, sometimes with banana.

I've also done greek yogurt, fruit & Kashi Go Lean cereal with almonds on the side.

Protein shakes also come in handy. Overnight oatmeals too!