Snarky remark I just overheard about my lunch...

Options

Replies

• BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LOL - Friday is my day for unhealthy salad --- honey roasted almonds and buffalo mozzerella! If I ate this everyday, I wouldn't fit through the door. But see, the things is... I KNOW that. Duh... keep your nose outta my salad! Or comment on the day I have lettuce and tuna and nothing else... see what happens then. :explode:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're paranoid. I wasn't talking about you.............
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

This is like saying "Almost exactly alike". (Save my daily ice cream) means you do not eat healthy...

There IS room for sweets and treats in a healthy diet. You don't have to cut out everything in order to be healthy.
  • mnlght535
    Options
    Have people forgotten the one thing that most people were told when growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. And truthfully, what difference does it make to them if you eat a salad or not, healthy or not healthy. What difference would it make to them if you ate the most unhealthiest meal you could think of. They don't have to lose your weight you do. Sheessh. People should just stick to their own lunch and leave yours alone lol. Sorry for the rant but some people need to mind their own business. :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "I love when people get salads and just assume it's healthy because it is a salad".

sigh...I know exactly what's in it because I've asked the kitchen before...

Yeah ... on one hand, just because it's "salad" doesn't mean it's low-cal. But that also doesn't mean it isn't. When I get salad out, I get veggies, cheese, sometimes an egg and use oil and vinegar dressing. The cheese adds some calories (but also protein and calcium), but otherwise, it's pretty low-cal and it IS healthy.

It's the bacon and heavy dressings and stuff that make them high-cal and high-fat, not the fact they were put together in a restaurant.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Have people forgotten the one thing that most people were told when growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Have you forgotten that quote comes from Bambi? Who cares what a cartoon has to say - that's a stupid rule. There are polite ways to say negative things.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I get judged more now than I ever have been these days...which is why I usually prefer to make my lunch at times when most are not in the office kitchen, but oh well!

I'm finding that people judge a lot more for eating healthy than not! I get teased almost every day for my healthy lunches and snacks, but I never did when I was eating candy bars every day.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Try being vegan and hearing the comments you get. When I mention it, they say "OMG I could never give up meat!",,,,and I'm thinking....did I ask you to?
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My reply is usually along the lines of "I love it when people order a triple burger with cheese and upsize the fries and think that the diet coke is going to cancel it all out"

amen.
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a no BS way of healthy eating (save my daily ice cream sandwich) and I can eat like a cross between a vegan and someone on Atkins (lean meat and healthy fats though). I get some weird looks from servers for how I order lots of meals.

This is like saying "Almost exactly alike". (Save my daily ice cream) means you do not eat healthy...

150/2800

:drinker:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great choice!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Lol, sounds exactly like my very unhealthy and obese (she is in denial, I realise not all obese people are like this!) co worker.
    I buy fruits, whole grain flax buns and boiled eggs for lunch never say a thing about anyones lunch including hers. She ALWAYS scoffs at me or makes some type od comment from behind her 2 litre coke and big sugared long john about my banana chips and how bad they are for you. Or when I drank a low sodium V8, she says 'damn vegans'. ( I am not a vegan lol )

You just can't 'win' with these people.. but then why would you even want too :P
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Funny how this is probably coming from an adult who's fairly insecure about something. He's got his panties in a bunge about what's in your hands while trying to deflect what he's about to shove down his throat.

I hear it from teenagers who are insecure about whatever they see or hear, so they gotta assert themselves in some way. I shrug it off as "Why are you so uptight about it? I'm the one eating it!"
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I was eating some chips, but they were pork rinds and fit in my calorie intake and my carb intake and someone at the office said don't go ask her she cheats on her diet daily...lmao really I didn't cheat by eathing the pork rinds because it offered me what I wanted and it still fit into my intake amounts...lol But whatever they are still over weight and not even trying and I've lost 120 lbs and still going strong. So yeah they can kiss my big toe
  • mnlght535
    Options
    Have people forgotten the one thing that most people were told when growing up? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Have you forgotten that quote comes from Bambi? Who cares what a cartoon has to say - that's a stupid rule. There are polite ways to say negative things.

Don't hate on Bambi. I like Bambi lol :)
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    Just ignore the haters :wink:

My reply is usually along the lines of "I love it when people order a triple burger with cheese and upsize the fries and think that the diet coke is going to cancel it all out"

I know many a bodybuilder who will order close to this in a pinch on the road. Triple no sauce and they toss the bun (but no fries), and yes they order a diet. :laugh:
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.

LOL AMEN!
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    jealousy is an ugly thing isn't it???
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I sometimes order a diet coke at McD's, and am not delusional that it will somehow cancel out my McChicken calories. I do it so I don't add an extra 100 calories to my daily total, which I accounted for on the food. Just sayin'. :wink:
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're paranoid. I wasn't talking about you.............

:laugh: