Why, thank you Bob Evan's....

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yeah, blame the restaurants for the obesity crisis. It's not like the restaurants are responding to and following consumer trends...

Olive Garden has been offering unlimited breadsticks for years. Endless pasta bowls, Red Lobster with their Endless Shrimp, it's not like all you can eat specials are anything new in this country, they've been around for decades, long before the "obesity crisis."

The problem is nobody wants to take personal responsibility anymore. I didn't get fat because McDonald's offered Supersized meals, I got fat because I decided to eat Supersized meals every day. That's a major difference, and the sooner you recognize and acknowledge that difference, the better off you will be.
  • tigersword
    Options
    bacon-encrusted butter sticks

Deep-fry that and I'll bet you've got a Paula Deen recipe right there. lol :D

Ooh! Food shows! Cooking shows and shows on the Food Network or the Cooking Channel show unhealthy foods all the time, maybe we should take those networks off the air.

Or what about all the cooking segments on news shows in the mornings? We should probably get rid of those too since they usually use butter or oil and lots of other high calorie stuff.

And cookbooks. We should definitely get rid of cookbooks. Those things are FULL of unhealthy food. We should just put the publishers right of business for what they're doing to Americans.

Cooking schools should definitely be shut down. They just teach people how to become the cooks and chefs that make all of this unhealthy food that makes people fat.

Yeah, we should get started on this, we've got a lot of work to do in order to make Americans skinny again.
    Don't forget Grandma's family cookbooks. Those are all full of traditional recipes, full of fat, calories, and sodium. Time to start invading houses and making sure those get destroyed, too. We can't have people making their own decisions, we obviously have to make the decisions for them.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Actually... the OP is right.

Have you seen this?? :grumble:
    k3w5fq.jpg
    Or this?? :mad:
    2lu6o3l.jpg
    Or this???? :noway:
    fax64g.jpg

Damn you M&M's!!! How dare you offer so many unhealthy choices?!?!?!?!
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The best thing about Red Robin is their choice of beers!

:drinker:
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The number one health issue in this country is obesity.

I don't see how the food service industry has ZERO blame for that. They don't have all the blame, but it is also not none.

Obviously, people have the ability to use their brains and make their own choices. (albeit, some people's brains and decision making abilities are questionable).

The problem is everyone is lazy and greedy - the industry and the consumer.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I never said anything about choices. I know it's a terrible choice.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is. People b!tch and moan about how fat people are getting but then things like this are advertised on TV. Irritating. And I know others agree.

[And I have no Red Robins near me and I've never been to one so they've avoided the scrutiny.]

Personally, I don't give a carp about how fat anyone is except for me. And I won't be eating that, so I think I'm good to go and I just don't care that it's available.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Wow I thought we were all here to support each other. Some of these comments are pretty rude. The poster was trying to say that it should be everyone responsibility to eat and live well. I believe we all know it's about choices. Some people have a harder time than others. I'm just really shocked at a lot of the mean responses.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    The problem is not with the establishment. The problem is the patrons who can't control themselves.

Stop blaming everyone else and hold yourself accountable. Not meaning you, OP. Talking to people in general.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Most people know unlimited fries are going to be bad for you. It's the food that goes around parading as a healthy choice that irk me! I can't think of a single example other than salads right now. I'm sure we have all been in the position of trying to find something on a menu that just might not sabotage healthy eating only to log it later and find out HOLY-CRAP-I-could've-had-a-bacon-cheese-burger!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    How does Red Robin not get any criticism in this post?

Haha, it's about CHOICES... if you choose to eat unlimited fries that's your problem, not Bob Evans's.

Exactly. Who cares what Bob Evans does or what anyone else does? It's your choices that matter.
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    How does Red Robin not get any criticism in this post?

Haha, it's about CHOICES... if you choose to eat unlimited fries that's your problem, not Bob Evans's.
    NO! BAN ALL FOOD WE SHOULDN'T EAT! WE CAN'T MAKE DECISIONS OURSELVES!

We are all capable of making choices. Some just suck at it more than others. :)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    take the buns off the burger, and any breaded topping, and it's not so bad for you.
  • tigersword
    Options
    The number one health issue in this country is obesity.

I don't see how the food service industry has ZERO blame for that. They don't have all the blame, but it is also not none.

Obviously, people have the ability to use their brains and make their own choices. (albeit, some people's brains and decision making abilities are questionable).

The problem is everyone is lazy and greedy - the industry and the consumer.
    The food service industry is essentially unchanged for decades. Long before obesity spiked in this country, restaurants were serving ridiculously decadent, unhealthy food options. So, no, the food service industry doesn't deserve any of the blame. They haven't changed, Americans have changed. We've become fairly lazy, and the last 20 years has led to the downfall of personal responsibility, nobody in this country takes responsibility for their actions anymore. It's so much easier to blame everything else, which is sad, really.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I see this thread went totally in the wrong direction......lol
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I sometimes dream that I have a building just like Scrooge Mcducks gold building where he swims. Except instead of gold, it has french fries in it. I think it would hurt less to jump into a sea of fries than a sea of pure, solid gold.

Kids, remember. French fries > gold
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I think the more important question here is what fast food place offers the best french fries. My choice will always be Mickey D's.
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    I see this thread went totally in the wrong direction......lol
    No way to go but down with a thread like this. ;)
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    kobayashi.jpg
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I sometimes dream that I have a building just like Scrooge Mcducks gold building where he swims. Except instead of gold, it has french fries in it. I think it would hurt less to jump into a sea of fries than a sea of pure, solid gold.

Family Guy had Peter dive into the gold and he got all cut up and bruised and he was like "gold coins aren't soft" while he was crying. So french fries would hurt less, but the oil would burn.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Family Guy had Peter dive into the gold and he got all cut up and bruised and he was like "gold coins aren't soft" while he was crying. So french fries would hurt less, but the oil would burn.

Seriously...reality of hot burning oil was the part that caught your attention. Not the talking businessman duck with an Irish last name. Not the giant huge story full of gold or french fries? lol