Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    starting on the 2nd half of my weight loss journey - another 100lbs or so to go! Good luck everyone! Happy Friday! :happy:
  • Manzanadedulce
    Manzanadedulce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ooops! it sure didn't...:noway: I will try to get it correct and repost.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I haven't checked in since last Friday. I've also got myself all twisted up food wise. I made BBQ spareribs on Monday, in order to have enough calories to eat some I skipped a meal or 2, or all of them. Now I'm paying for it, been hungry for 4 days now. I've managed to not binge a bunch, but I'm right on the raggedy edge. Hard to believe that one day of really naughty behavior could screw with my metabolism this much. Also hard to believe how many calories are in the fatty pork parts.

No way I'm gonna catch up on post reading anytime soon so I hope you all are doing well.

aug

it is weird how it happens when you get off for a day. with exercise too. it takes forever to get in the right groove and only one or two days to ruin it. how is that fair? :laugh:
    I have completely lost my life :sad: . My mother has been in intensive care all week and I am moving my sister ( and cat . . ) into my condo this Sunday. Not looking forward to this at all.

i'm so sorry. i hope that everything smooths out soon.
    Today my friend Paige had to go ahead a deliver her baby 7 weeks early. The doctors were concerned because she was showing really bad signs of having a detached placenta and her blood pressure was 140/107, so needless to say something had to be done. She had to have an emergency C-section at 6pm tonight. Thankfully, baby and mom are doing fine. Miss Jordyn Claire came into the world at 6:05pm CST and weighed in at a whopping 3lbs 15oz and is 17 inches long. :)

awww little baby. i had one of my kids at 34 weeks and one at 35 so she had her little girl two weeks before that. she should be okay, though it might take a few months for it all to even out. that little bun still needs to keep cooking though she's out of the oven.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: It's pretty a darn good week fitness wise for me! Me, the laziest person on the earth, has burned calories this week. I swam every day, building up to an hour with the exception of Monday (pool closed for the holiday) and on that day I did yoga and a video workout. Pretty pleased with myself and I feel great! Pooped, but great.

This weekend and probably Monday will just be light Yoga (TOM) and I'll cut my calories back a bit to reflect that.

This weekend I have to finish building my menu for the next couple of week since my menu always clocks over on Tuesdays (Tuesday is payday!). Apartment could use a good scrubbing so at least I'll burn a few extra calories. It's looking neglected from me rushing in after work and rushing right back out with my swim bag.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness - I didn't go to the gym Saturday, Sunday, or Tuesday. I guess I lose Friday fitness. I did do some mileage over the weekend but it's not the same as gym time.

@Robin - Prayin your surgery went well.

@Bella - You've got a tough row to hoe, I wish you the best. Preferably low stress best.

aug
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies and hoping old friends and new are having a great Friday! Finished my mailbox walk with Belle and sweating up a storm! It's funny how when I'm walking I sweat a little, but when I get home I sweat buckets! I'm thinking I might be doing faster than a leisurely pace now. How do you tell? It is easier for me to go up the hills and I only have to stop and catch my breath on really humid days. Belle doesn't have to stop at the end of her leash and wait for me like she used to do. Will be happy when my son gets me my Fitbit, can't wait. Friday fitness is to continue walking as I can physically and increase my housecleaning time daily. Sunday my son's family has a trip to The Barn for fun and games with the Down Syndrome Guild and I plan on going this year. It will be a lot of walking which will be a good test for going to the zoo later this month.

My food is doing good, below calories. Still stayed the same this week weight-wise, but knew I would so not worried. Everyone have a fantastic weekend, use your calories wisely and have fun:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday :flowerforyou: MN feels like fall it is nice but sad cuz that means snow. My plan for the weekend is to get in atleast a 30min walk each day. I also need to read 30pgs of sociology by Sunday at 10pm.
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness...this week I have managed my gym sessions and I managed my 5 minutes toning each day...I am enjoying the workout apps I am using
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday :flowerforyou: MN feels like fall it is nice but sad cuz that means snow. My plan for the weekend is to get in atleast a 30min walk each day. I also need to read 30pgs of sociology by Sunday at 10pm.

I'm so jealous - its currently 100 here, supposed to be 106 today. :tongue: But they are promising a cold front and high in the 90s next week. I can't wait!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness - I have walked over 10 miles this week!!!! Who the heck am I??? I challenged myself to walk everyday for a week, and I did it!!! Now to build up speed.... :bigsmile:

I will check in later, and respond to a few things that caught my eye.... I am at work, to be honest, and likely should be doing, well, work. :blushing:

Have a fabulous Friday!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • megancouch93
    Options
    Friday fitness: well, I did 30 minutes jogging up and down the stairs total today, then a three mile walk with our 3 month old german shepherd/beagle mix. Needless to say I'm tired, and when I get this tired from working out, I don't eat much (which is a good thing!), so hopefully this will help show results and keep them for good this time!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    friday fitness- yup, i should do something
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Good week overall. I was at the gym 5 out of 6 days including this morning. Yesterday I didn't go to the gym, but walked in the evening. It was gorgeous out. This weekend I'm going to try the bike, which I haven't done in years. I know I can ride it, but for how long we shall see. I really want to enjoy the outdoors more and this is a great option. Plus, I'll probably get a little swimming in too while the pool water is somewhat refreshing. 100+ this weekend so the pool will be calling my name. The weekend is here!!!!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: well, I did 30 minutes jogging up and down the stairs total today, then a three mile walk with our 3 month old german shepherd/beagle mix. Needless to say I'm tired, and when I get this tired from working out, I don't eat much (which is a good thing!), so hopefully this will help show results and keep them for good this time!

holy crap. i jogged up and down the stairs for like three minutes the other day and i thought i was going to die. i wonder if it's the fact that i'm almost 20 years older than you :laugh: also, i'm just out of shape. but nice work with that. you must have burned a heck of a lot of calories.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth... I shouldn't have had jimmy johns for lunch much less the gargantuan. I should have listened to my body when i finished half the sandwich and it was saying it was full but that is over and done with, needless to say i will be working out tonight maybe c25k outside instead of on the treadmill. Also that I am thankful that the only thing left to do in the kitchen is to put one door back on for now. soon it will be the counter tops. yayyy... I guess i shouldnt be complaining as it may be my house in a few years and all that we are doing now wont have to be done then.

have a good day

~Lana

I had Jimmy John's for the first time this weekend. I loaded up the veggies and had it wrapped in lettuce. It was super messy, but really good and much lower in calories. My BFF had a full one on bread with a ton of meat. Needless to say, I was pretty proud of myself for making such a healthy choice. Tomorrow is another day.

I had a gargantuan unwich yesterday. It was good.

I haven't been around because I have fallen off the wagon (but haven't let go....) I think I'm back on it, but my butt is hanging over the edge. I hate it when I'm like this. But truthfully, I've been worse.

I hope you all are well.

The quote boxes aren't working for me today. It must be my punishment for being away so long...
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness I shampood carpet today and I plan to be in a Womens Only Petanque Tournament this weekend.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Friday fitness -- I swam for an hour today and plan to do the same tomorrow and Sunday, plus add some time in the kayak one of those days! Need to spend as much time as possible on and in the water before it gets too cold....
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Today was long and hard. Sitting in my reclinder reading all of the posts trying to respond I kept falling a sleep; Tired, hurting and freezing. So just staying hi, and will respond to each later.

Friday fitness. more of the same walking with Miss Bella,
    going swimming
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Still super tired from my late night Thursday--I'm really getting too old to stay out late on a school night.

@robin--hoping surgery went well. :flowerforyou:

@laurie--you've had a rough week--I think it's perfectly understandable that you didn't feel like exercising. :flowerforyou:

@bella & lin--so sorry you are both still in the midst of family stressors--hoping your loved ones heal quickly and you can both regain some semblance of sanity in your lives. :flowerforyou:

I was 3 pages behind b/c of missing yesterday--all caught up, but way too much to do personals for everyone!

Thursday Truth:
    I have eaten like CRAP the past 3 days! :blushing: Wed. I gave in and had a small slice of birthday cake someone brought to work. That alone was not a big deal, but then a parent whose son I'm helping with ACT strategies dropped off a cupcake as a "thank you." It was one of those fancy gourmet cupcakes (like I imagine andreabeatty makes) and it was chocolate/chocolate. As I opened the box I was really hoping it would be a less tempting flavor, but the mom guessed right--I :heart: chocolate! I brought it home and went for a long run, ate a healthy dinner, and decided to allow myself HALF the cupcake. Then I devoured the whole thing in about 5 minutes. :blushing: I was still under cals for the day, but WAY too much sugar! I won't go into the details of my food choices yesterday and today, but let's just say Wed. was my GOOD day. :ohwell:

Friday Fitness:
    Still doing ok with exercise. I doubled my walk today b/c I was so unbelievably uncomfortable after eating way too much bar food after work. Updated my schedule below.

My exercise plan this week:
    Sat = gym + walk dog--DONE!!
    Sun = walk dog + mow lawn/pull weeds--DONE!!
    Mon = walk dog + some sort of core work--DONE!!
    Tues = long run outside w/ dog or gym + walk dog (weather dependent)--did long walk w/dog + core work instead
    Wed = gym + walk dog--did long run outside w/dog instead
    Thurs = core work (it's Open House at school so not sure if I will even get to this)--did nothing
    Fri = walk dog--DONE!! (made it a very long walk -- about 4 miles)
    Sat = gym + walk dog
    Sun = gym + walk dog

I have a boatload of grading, so tomorrow my plan is to catch up on sleep, go to the gym, then grade until my eyes bleed. I MUST finish 1 & 4 and would like to make a significant dent in 3.

Grading goals:
    1. 26/58 creative writing stories
    2. 22/22 vocab quizzes
    3. x/58 motif analyses
    4. x/58 censorship article responses