Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positives, everyone - working very hard at climbing out of this hole I'm in, and your words mean a lot. I have looked at some older photos (the very few that exist) and maybe there's a little difference - but I still just don't see it. The scale numbers & sizes tell me I should be seeing something, I guess it's my head that's on cockeyed.

Tuesday goals: well, I wanted to be in the 1's by my vacation at the end of next month - but I don't think it's possible. I'm so close to the halfway mark though - I'm readjusting my goal for vacation to be past my halfway mark (about 10 more lbs at this point). I think it's something I can actually achieve with a little work.

Prayers & blessings to those in the path of the storm --
  • judygorham
    Options
    I had a much better day today.I walked uite a bit today. orientation at school for my freshmen daughter. busy day,but I tried to stay focused and determined to win this battle.
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm so sorry I haven't been around lately. My son and his family are still visiting from out west and its been a really busy week. I've had to put everything I do for myself off to the side while they are here. Unfortunately, my holidays ended while they are still visiting so they are up at my daughters place with her and her family while I am at working wishing I was with them. Boy, would I love to be able to be with them.
    I really havent' even stepped on a scale for about 3 weeks and have not logged my food or anything for about that same amount of time. They fly home on Thursday and I'm working nights all weekend. So my plan is to start officially back as of September 1st and my goals are as follows:
    1) Log all my food and fluid intake in daily (no cheating).
    2) Weigh in once a week. Might not be on Monday as will be working nights on Sunday night.
    3) Start back on my Wii Fit program and work up to doing 30 minutes per day by the end of the month. (I was doing 45-60 minutes 5 times a week prior to my surgery in May and haven't been able to get back to it since then).
    4) Be more active on the MFP site. I really feel like I've let everyone down by not being here more often and I really enjoy reading all the posts and the support I have recieved has been so helpful.
    5) Continue to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. (This is the one area that I have not let up on).
    6) Lose 5 pounds for the month of September.

Those goals should keep me busy and hopefully motivate. Thoughts and prayers going out to all of my MFP friends who are in the path of the latest storm. Hope the winds don't get too high and that everyone makes it safely through. Charlotte
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you to all for your concern with my light headness. Today seem to go better. Start the day with a good breakfast, try to have smaller meals but like 6 instead of 3. drink my water. I was able to get in some good walks today via help from my job and Bella.

I am paying attention if this happens again i will go see my doctor thank you.

As said i walk alot today really dragging heading to bed, Will jump back on topic tomorrow. Again thank you everyone.

Liz
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am moving real slow today. woke up with a headache and a sore throat. Of course I would catch a summer cold now. My husband called and he is going to be home in ten to fourteen days. I cant wait but it also means getting everything perfect before he comes home which is ridiculous since after 20 years he definitley knows my housekeeping is far from perfect, lol. It is going to be insane next month. He is home for one month and in that time we have to follw my son from seattle to laramie wyoming and get him settled into school and then hey since we are halfway there we are going to go on to Illinois to visit all of my extended family.

So my goal for this week is to do my workout I devised at least three times and to try to get to bed a little earlier since I have been having trouble with wanting to get up the last few days, though that could be the cold I seem to be catching.
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

Sounds like some of you are doing really well recently so congrats on that. I'm especially impressed with the dedication many of you show to getting regular exercise. That's something I aspire to.

Personally I had a pretty crappy food day. I recently adjusted my macros to lower my carbs, the idea being that I would lower my wheat carb intake as I don't think wheat (gluten?) does my body any favours. I don't know if it was withdrawal or what, but I had some major carb cravings this evening and really overdid it. :( And even being over my calories I was STILL way under in protein. I need to get some routine going for higher protein breakfasts and lunches, especially before I go back to school next week.

Want to get back to C25K too, that's my goal for tomorrow...

- 'night all!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am moving real slow today. woke up with a headache and a sore throat. Of course I would catch a summer cold now. My husband called and he is going to be home in ten to fourteen days. I cant wait but it also means getting everything perfect before he comes home which is ridiculous since after 20 years he definitley knows my housekeeping is far from perfect, lol. It is going to be insane next month. He is home for one month and in that time we have to follw my son from seattle to laramie wyoming and get him settled into school and then hey since we are halfway there we are going to go on to Illinois to visit all of my extended family.

So my goal for this week is to do my workout I devised at least three times and to try to get to bed a little earlier since I have been having trouble with wanting to get up the last few days, though that could be the cold I seem to be catching.

How exciting that your husband is coming home. That does sound like a crazy travel month though. Where in IL is your extended family?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

Sounds like some of you are doing really well recently so congrats on that. I'm especially impressed with the dedication many of you show to getting regular exercise. That's something I aspire to.

Personally I had a pretty crappy food day. I recently adjusted my macros to lower my carbs, the idea being that I would lower my wheat carb intake as I don't think wheat (gluten?) does my body any favours. I don't know if it was withdrawal or what, but I had some major carb cravings this evening and really overdid it. :( And even being over my calories I was STILL way under in protein. I need to get some routine going for higher protein breakfasts and lunches, especially before I go back to school next week.

Want to get back to C25K too, that's my goal for tomorrow...

- 'night all!

I also have struggled with getting my protein. I have my macros set at 30% protein which is 120 grams if I don't earn any exercise calories, but I almost never get that amount. I've pretty much given up trying. Instead, I'm focusing on raising my amount 10 grams at a time.

I noticed I was averaging between 70-80 grams, so I focused on getting over 80 for a few weeks. Once I had that mastered, now I'm working on getting over 90 grams. I'm doing pretty good, and now that I'm back in school, I can start making my fish I love to bring for lunch every day (for some reason I just never cooked it over the summer). I'm hoping between that and my quinoa, I will be able to get over 100 grams/day.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal: I've been a little off the past two days. I need to get the motivation back! I can't seem to stay out of the banana bread I made, so I need to get it out of the house. Had three slices Sunday. Two slices yesterday and today. No more! I have not been doing terrible, just so-so. I can do better than this! So my goal is to STAY OUT OF THE BANANA BREAD!

You've been doing great so far. Those 2 days are behind you and get right back on track tomorrow. Plus, definitely get rid of the banana bread. I normally take things to work. It will be gone in seconds. I know my trigger foods and I just can't have them around. You've eaten some now get rid of it!!!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Day 2 of inpatient....only a 13 hour day...plus a 40ish minute drive each way! Needless to say, not working out today.

"Remembered" the water bottle today. Didn't get a full liter in. Did so some gatorade and a diet tea at lunch. It was so sweet - even though it was zero calories it was just gross b/c it was so sweet.

Must remember to get a better lunch/snacks. So far I have noticed getting really hungry around 5pm which leads to no patience and cranky. Only 3.5 more weeks!

I really need to work out this month. I hope once I get used to the schedule, I can fit in 30 mins 3x/week.

Oh and on top of it all, I have a horrible sore throat today! YUCK!

Hope you are doing well and keeping on track of your goals! We can do this!

Do you like nuts? I always keep almonds or walnuts at my desk. Around 4:30, I had my 20 almonds and it was just enough to get me through until dinner a few hours later. I know you can fit in 30 minutes and you'll feel so much better. Sorry the throats sore. Hopefully, it's just temporary. We CAN do this!!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Tuesday Goal: While Tuesday is basically over, I stayed on track. I didn't make it to the gym this AM, but did get out and walked at 6:00. Sun wasn't quite up, which helped keep the temp down - nice! Eating was decent today and under calories so I couldn't ask for anything more.

Another dinner out tomorrow night at Gordon Ramsey Steak at Paris Las Vegas. They have the most sinful Truffle Mac & Cheese, which I'm definitely passing on. I'm thinking a nice filet, but only eat half. I know I can make good choices. I've got this!!!!
  • aprilflower1r
    Options
    I am on vacation this week. So I started writing everything down here. Good place to start went to water aerobics did about 35 minutes even though it was a hour long. Little hard on knee.
    Juicing in morning with protein.
    regular lunch and dinner. Feeling good about my start
    :smile: Happy tobe here and too read so many positive people
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've been gone all week with visitors and kid birthday stuff. I read Charlotte's post and prerty much said, "Yeah, me too." I didn't make my goals for eating healthy this past week or exercising, so feel pretty cruddy (too much sugar!). So it's time, AGAIN, to get back on the wagon. And this time I'd like to be there for more than 2 weeks. :)

Luck to those also struggling, and props to those doing well!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @WalkingQueen -- OMG you have a house! Isn't that wonderful?

@Christine -- so glad to hear that you're finding it easier to walk up the hills. Roll on that Down Syndrome walk!

@Lana/Heather -- this weekend I noticed for the first time that I was generally cool about my family eating loads of treats and my either not having them or having something smaller. My husband's dead supportive, but he'd like to lose weight himself and is waiting for magic -- because I'll cook something healthy or sensibly sized, and then he'll sneak in and have a whole extra meal after an hour or too. And Heather, go you for 10lb lost indeed!

@Kris -- I love Wii games, they're 80% of my exercise in the week.

@nicholsvj -- is there any 'waiting' around time in your day that you could squeeze a mini-walk into? It's hard with such long days.

@LaurieK -- rock climbing! That's sort of on my 'maybe in 80lbs time' list. Even when I was young and much thinner, I was still the worst rock /tree climber in the world. Arm strength's a big goal for me this time.

@Lizmil -- I don't think feeling faint and dizzy is normal weight loss experience, no. You might have a bit of a bug and need to take it easy, but if it goes on for more than a couple of days I'd go see the doctor. Make sure you're eating back your exercise cals.

@Lamyple -- Way to go for C25k -- that's brilliant!

@skinnyjeanz -- my problem is that I don't use a StairMaster for stair climbing; I use my stairs. From bottom to top is 30 in this house. Up and down three times quickly and I have to lie down for a little rest...

@vbohrer -- Welcome! Do you have a pedometer? Because I think it's great just to start by spending a week keeping a note of how many steps you do on average, and then just trying to increase that by about 100 per day (or even less, just a tiny bit more every day). When we suddenly try to start exercising it's terribly easy to do too much and end up in pain.

@Vicki -- I'm sure everyone has said this, but 55 pounds is amazing and wonderful! I think you should go to the market and look at what 55 pounds of potatoes looks like. Potatoes here come in five pound bags. I don't think I could carry 55 pounds of potatoes! Did you take measurements?

On banana bread and other sweet treats -- most cakes like banana bread will freeze in slices. So you can slice it, freeze it, and defrost a piece when you want a treat. I put all sorts of stuff in the freezer if I think it's risky food. Can't eat it straight out of the freezer without breaking your teeth!

I had a super idle day yesterday with *no cardio* and precious little strength. I don't mind the odd one of those after a busy week but I'm definitely back on track today.

Wednesday wishes -- I'd like a visit from the house tidying fairies, thank you! It's a total mess and we can't find anything. Have a brilliant day, chaps. We can totally do this thing.

-- Alison
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @RobinsEggs - Believe me my weekends are not always as fun as the ones this August have been, it's just that everything seem to land on weekends in August. The wedding I am attending this weekend is the last big event for a long while.

Sorry but I did not make a mental (or physical) note of the person who said about snacks. However on thast note I make my own flapjacks which I find great as I only eat a small amount of them (and considering I eat the entire contents of bought flapjack in one sitting). I use a basic flap jack but also add in dried mixed fruit and ground ginger. It also means that I know exactly what is in the flapjack

Wednesday Wish - To complete my To Do list for today and to find an outfit for the wedding I am going to on Saturday that doesn't cost a fortune.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: I wish that after taking a week off of running you could start right back up where you left off and not feel like you've regressed. I ran\walked a little over 3 miles and ran out of breath part way through it. I checked my pace and the first mile pace was 15 minutes and the 2nd was 17 minutes. I walked half of the 3rd so it was 20 minutes. These are drastic improvements from my previous times but MAN was I ready to stop when I got back to my sons football practice.
    SV: I've been doing the eat more to weigh less program and have been gaining since I started. My top weight was 285.5. I weighed in this morning at 281.5. Never thought that I would see this kind of result from eating 1000 calories more than I used to.
    Wish everyone a great day!
    Doug
  • TPEricaMoore
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work and keep posting. Successful weight loss comes in daily choice, parking a few extra spots away from the door or leaving that last bite on your plate. It is the daily choices where we find our biggest changes. Awesome start to your journey!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options

How exciting that your husband is coming home. That does sound like a crazy travel month though. Where in IL is your extended family?

My family lives in a little farming town called Prophetsown. It is fairly close to the Iowa border
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,147 Member
    Options
    Walkingqueen - WOOT! so, so happy you found a house. Here's hoping the home inspection goes well! :drinker:

Yip, yip, yippeee---I'm with Robin, congratulations on the house deal..............hope everything goes smoothly all the way through the process. WONDERFUL.

Lin