40 lbs gone but very little difference :/

Options

Replies

• pjmcinnis
    pjmcinnis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wow, the difference is amazing! We get an idea stuck in our head about how we look and so sometimes we can't see what is so plain to see for others.

Get your hubby to take your pics... we can then see your face and you will get a better idea... my daughter takes my pics every so often, but always in front of a door (for perspective). I have enough to make a "flip" book... and like you it has taken a long time to see the difference myself.

Try this... go to the grocery store, (not on a busy day, or you'll just tick every body off), and fill a basket with 40 lbs of butter. Take a picture. This is what you have lost so far! 40 lbs. of fat! Now, treat yourself to a new hat, or pair of shoes... Celebrate!
  • simzahoy
    Options
    Hey There!!! I'm not sure what you are seeing, but I can see a SIGNIFICANT difference - around the waist especially. Also, in the first pic you're wearing Jeans - that can tend to hide the lower belly, and in the second - panties - that almost never lie! So give yourself a pat of the back and keep up the great work! If you aren't doing it already, you might want to try strengthening exercise to tone your muscles.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but I see a very big difference. Back in June all I noticed are rolls but in August I see a curve forming. Another 40lbs even less rolls and more shape. Hey don’t stop, keep going I am sure you are feeling better, walking better sleeping better maybe even stopped snoring. Not sure what your goal weight is but I can see you have a ways to go and that’s OK we all have a ways to get there. I recently lost 35lbs, I know my tracker isn’t reflecting this but I see a big difference and yet I have quite a ways to go. Don’t give up we can do this, by the way we began our journey about the same time frame let’s friend each other and keep motivating each other.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You are too hard on yourself. That is a HUGE difference. Look at the difference in your waist and hips!

Yes, you still have more to go. Don't we all. But You look better and that's got to be so good for your health too.

Keep at it.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I absolutely see a difference. Did you take measurements? Are your clothes fitting differently? Sometimes it is hard to see differences in ourselves (even when others see them). Taking measurements might show you that there is a difference even if you can't see it. Keep up the good work!! :)
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference! I think maybe it would show more if you had on the same pants in the after pic but I can still see it! Keep up the good work and don't give up. :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    There is a difference, just takes a while for YOU to see it.

I'm almost at my goal weight & sometimes I swear I cant see the difference even though I am 5 dress sizes smaller & 56lbs lighter. Your brain needs to catch up.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I see a very big difference in your before and now shots. You seem to be losing like me--all over, rather than in specific areas. That makes the scale go down, but takes a while before the clothes start fitting loosely. I lost 20 lbs before I realized that not only were my pants loose, but I could pull them down without unbuttoning and unzipping them, and was actually 2 sizes smaller. What a surprise!! I bet you'll see that happen too, very soon! How exciting!!

Congratulations on your new marriage and your 40lb loss!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    BIG difference. And you have an hourglass figure. I lost BETWEEN my hips and waist at first so it never showed in measurements. keep up what your doing because your doing great!!!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    pick up a 40lbs bag of dirt at a home and garden place and you'll feel how much you lost. 40 lbs girl that's great, congrats!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Amazing, and annoying, that our self-perception can be so wrong. This is why it`s super important to keep track of things - our brains work against us.

There's a VISIBLE difference, which the rest of us can see.
    - Your waist is more defined - your hourglass shape is now evident.
    - There`s less flare from your waist to your hips.
    - There`s less outward projection to your belly, from the side view, by several inches, and the crease is not as deep.
    - You wore a shirt in the before pic, so can`t really see progress in your arms, but your forearms are also at least .5 inch slimmer, if they`re flexed at the same angle.

Basically - you look amazing, and your work HAS reaped rewards. Well done :)

(Also, well done for challenging your own perceptions by coming here :)

And new hair colour/cut is great!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I see it especially in the front facing pic. Your curves are getting more defined. I bet we could see more it in the hips, too, if you hadn't been wearing jeans in the first pic. Definately progress - keep going! Love the new hair color! :flowerforyou:
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    You may not see a difference, but I definitely see one! Keep on going :flowerforyou:
  • pickle_button
    pickle_button Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    First of all, that's an amazing success. You've lost an entire 4 year old child!! Do you have any idea how hard it is to carry a 40lb child around? It's hard!! That's a lot!

Secondly, you're looking great. It's hard to see it when your surrounded by little people (my brother could live off pop and potato chips and still be a bean pole). I always feel huge next to him, no matter what weight I am. I was 272, and am now 230... I know exactly how you feel, just go put on an old pair of pants that used to be tight. At least we are going in the right direction! What ever you do, don't get frustrated and go have a poutine. Be proud and have a salad!

(I don't know if you can "friend" people on here, but I'll be your work out buddy if you need some motivation or support :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You are doing a fantastic job! Hang in there and don't give up! You are getting more beautiful every step you take!!
  • Neese76
    Neese76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look more toned, and smaller to me..Don't give up on your dreams you've accomplished a great deal in 4 months, losing 40lbs is a Great accomplishment. Don't look at what you haven't yet done but instead at how far you've come, you must have changed your relationship with food in order to lose 40lbs. WTG!!!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see it. I think it's harder for you to see it because you're losing weight evenly, all over your body (which is good). Your *shape* is still the same, but it's much smaller. When you see yourself in the mirror every day, it's hard to see that change, especially when you're still shaped the same way.

The forward-facing shot is the most obvious to me. It's like someone kept your proportions the same but shrank you down. :) You look a bit "smoother", or more toned. I can't find the right word for it.

Do you have any clothes from 40 pounds ago? If you put them on, you'll see/feel the difference.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I see a difference. You now are getting some shape. Don't give up and keep pushing. You can do this.
  • casseyann1987
    casseyann1987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    awesome difference! You are looking fabulous! It's a fat girl mentality! I have lost weight several times over the last 8 years and even at my smallest of 140 then up to 215 again and againI thought i was still huge at 140! I think its hard to grasp the idea that YOU are looking better and you see yourself differently than everyone else see's you. Keep it going girl. Im am just starting to diet with empowerment again and truly so jealous! :) Congrats and I wish you all the best!
  • healthyCAL
    healthyCAL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! I see a huge difference. You are doing awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!