Funny things you notice as you lose weight

Options

Replies

• almcginn
    almcginn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    -I can see in my belly button :D

-Just wearing clothes is so much better. I would always be so annoyed by my body cutting into my belt line, and I take it for granted that this is no longer the case.
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my belts, which i thought fit fine before, are too big now. and i like actually *need* them for what they are made for, rather than an accessory. who knew they had an actual purpose!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Boots I couldn't even get on my feet last winter go on and zip up without any issues now. No more cankles and swollen feet!

I can buy clothes from regular plus-size stores again instead of having to order online.

My belt has moved down a few notches.

The towel thing. :)

This is going to sound stupid, but I've lost weight around my knees. I noticed it tonight. I can feel all of the bones/bumps again, like a normal knee, and you can see this clear indentation between my thigh and my calf, like an hourglass.

I used to avoid my desk chair at home because I had to steady it and squeeze into it. Now I can sit in it comfortably.

I was able to sit in those white plastic lawn chairs over Labor Day weekend. Last year, my hips were too wide for the arms, so the arms bent out while the legs bent and almost tipped me over. It was so embarrassing. It was still a bit tight this year, but not uncomfortable, and the legs supported my weight.
  • fishfilet
    fishfilet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It takes less time to shave my legs =)
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I can see my penis when standing... Just kidding its still wayyyyyy too small.
  • RebmaGe1sha
    RebmaGe1sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Looking down and not seeing my belly, since it use to stick out farther than my DD's.

I was just talking about this the other day.

I'd like to add the discovery of bones!! Somehow I ended up with a few that stick out.

Also, :blushing: having your partner say how much more firm your body feels.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    my 7 year olds can reach their arms entirely around my waist and clasp their wrist, and they like to point that out now.
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    i noticed i have genitals and they are awesome.
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The head of one of the showers in my flat is ridiculously low, and to wet my hear I used to have to squat underneath it. It took a lot of effort. Now, it takes absolutely no effort! Go muscly legs.

I'm comfortable wearing trousers now! I always used to wear skirts and dresses to hide the size of my butt and thighs.

Always wishing I had another body. Now, thinking, it's not perfect, but it's definitely getting there :)
  • john44111
    john44111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The shorts I am wearing right now almost fell off in the grocery store tonight. My belt needs a few new holes too. This is getting silly. I am definately going to need a whole new wardrobe next year and that is awesome. Everything I have is HUGE.

I dont get winded walking up stairs. I dont have high blood pressure now.

I am getting treated differently now by people. Sad but true. (and I LOVE it)
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I can pack all my clothes for my vacation now and still have room in suitcase. Much smaller clothes take up alot less space. We ship most of our clothes ahead and box was 44 pounds roughly same number of clothes shipped 3 years ago 57 pounds
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I don't get out of breath as easy.
    I'm more happier, and more full of energy.
    I'll start acting like my crazy self or start dancing out of no where & in front of people, without feeling embarrassed.
    I'm starting to be the "me" I've always wanted to be.
    I have more self confidence, and more self esteem.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I dance with my 2 yr old daughter more than ever now :)
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    I thought I found a growth between my neck and chest. Turns out, it's just my collar bone! It isn't sticking out yet, but I can now feel them...and if I turn in just the right way, I get a glimpse!
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hip bones and no more cankles :)
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Shaving my armpits became harder once I had more 'pits' that weren't just filled out with fat! I'll take it, though :)

I also dropped a shoe size. We won't even discuss my chest though :/
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I can pack all my clothes for my vacation now and still have room in suitcase. Much smaller clothes take up alot less space. We ship most of our clothes ahead and box was 44 pounds roughly same number of clothes shipped 3 years ago 57 pounds

This. I've not bought any new clothes yet but one thing I'm looking forward to is being able to pack everything in a duffle.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can drive my car without the steering wheel rubbing my stomach and I can sit in the driver seat and pick stuff up out of my floorboard
    :)

This is one of my biggest pet peeves - the darn steering wheel! I can't wait for the belly to get smaller so I have more room in the car. Thanks for posting - i't nice knowing I am not alone on this one.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I danced in a corset laced to two inches. Sweat like a horse, but I wasn't out of breath from it at all, and felt pretty good. (Then in a whoosh I realized I needed to eat something before I fell over, as my blood sugar crashed, but oh well....) I'm going to wear my corset more often!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My friends and family calling me beautifull now instead of just 'gracefull' :blushing: