40 lbs gone but very little difference :/

Options

Replies

• wjimenez10869
    Options
    Huge difference for sure. Congratulations and keep it up, I'm sure you will notice the difference very soon :smile:
  • tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    you really look alot more toned than your first picture. I really see a definition in your look. first one looks flaby but second look alot more tightened up. i think it is amazing keep it up.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Are you kidding me, you have a waist now. Hugeeee difference, keep at it.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight ever since I can remember. Always the chubby one with the booda belly I had just lost hope in ever changing because i thought I never could. I have just recently got married to an incredible man who is a whopping 115 lbs! I more than doubled his size at 260! I have finally reached a point where I am mentally happy with my life and i just need the outside of me to match the happy, beautiful inside so I started MFP about 4 months ago and I am here now just about 40lbs light giver or take but the difference seems to be very little. Which as you can imagine will bring down someone who wants a change after working so hard for it.

4 months ago (embarassing!)
    250lbs-1.jpg

Now (not much difference) :(
    220lbs-1.jpg

what?!?!?! bif difference.. you have an hour glass shape now! looks lot nice/smoother and your face (small parts we can see) is thinner too.. and idk about your legs cuz cant see them.. and 250 down to 220 is 30lbs not 40!
    but you do look diff for sure... remember a lot of weight in the begining is water wt... and depending on how you eat/workout some is def muscle loss too... but yes i can def see a diff.. looks a lot nicer/curvy at 220!
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I defo see a difference!!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    hmm, that's too bad is it?
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who has said that there is a noticable difference. I can so see it and am jealous of your hourglass shape! I also agree with the posters who said to take measurements (I do so once a month), and try on old clothes. Also try on clothes that were too small before and see how much closer you come to fitting into them. I just now got to the 40 lb loss. At 25 lbs gone, I was aggrivated that I hadn't lost any inches, but the weight had gone. I took another picture, and my hubby said it looked like someone took the new pic and streached it out in photoshop to make the old one. Now, I'm losing inches, but barely any weight. When I think about myself, I think of a fat girl who looks like Jabba the Hut. I have to go back and look at those pictures (which I also take monthly, same clothes, same angle, same location so I can really pinpoint the differences), and realize how far I've come. Getting healthy isn't just about losing pounds. It's about eating right and like I said, getting healthy. Pick a workout that you did when you started, and do the exact same as you did then, and realize how much easier it is. It's a crazy thing. We don't notice because we're so ingrossed in it. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you!
  • klewlis
    klewlis Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others! I can see a big difference. I think it's harder to see it on yourself, because we are our own worst critics. Definitely take measurements.... I'm sure you've lost lots of inches!! Keep up the good work. You will see it soon!
  • gracejoe
    Options
    There is a difference - keep up the good work!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is definitely showing! Way to go!
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    Well, I definitely see a huge difference in those photos!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference!

It's been mentioned already, but it can take a very long time to change our mental image of ourselves.

Are you also taking measurements? Your clothes must also be fitting more loosely too.

There are also the changes that you can't see, such as the benefit you are doing for your heart, your risk of diabetes, and your knees. You look young, so maybe you aren't yet considering health issues, but my Mom has been your start weight for quite a long time and now has HBP, cardiac arrhythmia, sleep apnea, has suffered two strokes and can barely walk because her knees are so bad. Losing 40 pounds makes a world of difference in lessening your risk of developing those issues.
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference and you are doing a great job!! You definitely have a more defined waist
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i can definately see a difference. keep up the good work!
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i could have wrote this! lol. i am 40 lbs down, and can't tell a thing. my hubby is 125, and i more than doubled his weight. i will tell you tho, that i can see a difference in your pictures! keep it up, and i bet you notice before too long! <3
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I see a major difference. It can be hard to see the change in ourselves but you have made significant progress! Keep up the good work.
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    Your belly is less droopy and the top of your stomach, under your bust, looks tappered in a bit.
    There definitely is a difference even if its little.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference! Your waist is much smaller in the after pics, and I can see that you've slimmed down considerably in the face/neck. Looking great! Keep going!
  • supmexxiess
    Options
    Good job so far! I strived really hard to lose weight, and was like you, not even noticing it.(Unfortunatly I gained it, and am now trying to lose again) One day you'll be looking through your pictures and without even noticing, youll be like whoa, I look different. Dont give up, you can do this! Hard work will pay off in the end, and people can tell the difference already, so imagine what you'll feel like another four months from now! (:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I immediately saw a difference in your photos. You have a nice curve in your waist now and you after photo looks nice. Don't stop your journey because you can't see the difference, please keep on moving forward to your goal, because trust me, the difference is there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!