At what age/point in your life did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Great stories.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    We were 17, just graduated school.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Met him at a night club when I was 19, I thought he was a prick, his cousin was the one I was into at the time. Been married for 9yrs going on 10.
  • monyango
    Options
    I met my hubby at a bar shortly after I turned 19 and before he turned 24. We've been together 12 years and married 11. We've had 4 children (rest in peace sweet David). Marriage is a lot of work and I find it encouraging to see so many great stories:)
  • underthecherrytree
    Options
    I met my husband freshmen year of high school. He was a SR. and had a HUGE crush on me but so did his best friend. His best friend told him we were dating when we weren't so he started being really mean to me and we stopped talking. 3 years later, I get a message from him on Myspace saying that he was going through his old yearbook and came across a note from me and decided to look me up and see how I was doing. We have been together for 6 years now and married for 1.5 years:)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 25 and he was 28. One of my close friends was dating one of his good friends, so they decided to set us up! And it worked........9.5 years later we are still together, married and have 2 children.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I met him when I was about 14 in homeroom in high school but we got together when I was 17 and we have been together for 6 years :) We have two beautiful little boys together.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Haven't met him/her yet. But my dad was 14 when he told my grandmother he'll marry my mom someday. Year later they were dating.
    Next year it'll be 35 years they've been together and 28 years they've been married.

Still in love, even more than when they were kids. The way they click and function together still amazes me.
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I was 17 and it didn't work out the first time. Later we got back together and have been married for 31 years.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a Contiki (18-35s) tour of New Zealand in June of 2009. He was living in America, I was living in Australia. We hit it off in just 3 days, so he decided to come to Australia for a few weeks so we could get to know each other. At the end of his time there we had already said I love you, and decided to try the long distance thing. We dated for two years, travelling between the States and Australia every few months to see each other, usually just for a week or two. We got engaged Christmas of 2010 and applied for a fiance visa so I could move to the US. My visa was approved in June of 2011 and we were married one month later, now living in Germany on military orders. I was 24 and he was 23 when we met. :) And let me tell you, applying for a green card through marriage is a lot easier on TV than it was in real life!
  • Slimat30
    Options
    I'm yet to meet him! Maybe I'm too picky lol!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    At college, when I was 18. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I was a divorce mom of a toddler and 23 years old when I met him. He was 30. We both worked at a very expensive steak house. Me as a waitress and him as a cook. We were friends first, he was after me to go out with him for 6 months before I relented. We would get together with people we worked with and shoot pool when we got off from work and he would just follow me around. LOL. I agreed to go to his apartment to watch the superbowl and fell in love with him that night. I had always known what a nice person he was, but that part of his personality shone through that night.

He came home with me on Valentines Day that year (1991) and he never left. We married a year and a half later and celebrated our 20 year anniversary in May of this year.

There have been ups and downs, but we have managed to plow through. We still love each other as much, and sometimes probably more, than we did when we first were living together. I can appreciate so many of his traits now that I didn't really notice before. He is one of the kindest people you could ever meet and he's my best friend. He calls me his life mate.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I had a crush on him when I was 13, but I couldn't catch his interest til I was 17. Him being five years older might have had something to do with that. Just about to celebrate 12 years of marriage, and just passed 17 years as a unit.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 40. He was 34. Ooh! A younger man! Neither of us had ever been married.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    We were both 20. Met on Ambleside (in cumbria UK) climbing wall, Sunday morning 19th January. Will have been married 25 years next year. During the really difficult times I wonder what my life would have been like if I had stayed in bed that morning?! lol!!
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    In 2004 my best friend at the time was dating his son. I was separated with 2 children, and his son introduced us. He was a widow with 4 boys and 2 step children. We hit it off right away. 2 years after we met I became a widow. I was 40 and he was 46 when we met. We have been together going on 9 years.
  • LandryBabe
    Options
    My husband and I grew up in the same neighborhood. We had all the same friends but because he was a year younger than me I thought he was a nerd.

I was 20 when we met again. We started dating, then 2 weeks later he left for deployment training in Mississipli. That was in January. He came home for 4 days in March before leaving for iraq and we were married March 6th 2010.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Mr. AcceptsmeforwhoIam. :)
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    We met REALLY young. I was 16 and he was 19. We started dating more seriously when I was 17 and got married when I was 22. Celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary last night. I guess we've kind of grown up together.