I felt sort of smug at the grocery store this evening...

Options
124»

Replies

• Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    'nuff said

howtostartanarguement.jpg
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Great work on getting healthier stuff.. however...I must say..I must have a ding dong once in awhile... :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I always judge other people's shopping baskets :devil:
    I always win (mostly cos they don't know what my rules are)
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think there are a few negative people on this thread who could use a ding dong of one type or another. :D
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I never really noticed what people put into their carts until I changed what I bought. Now when I see someone with a cart full of crap I want to do an intervention! I know it's not my business but I cant help but to notice and feel sorry for them. It is cool though to occasionally see a family with healthy stuff in their cart! It's rare but it happens

Yes, I do on occasion buy and eat 'crap' myself but I don't buy a cart full of it. It's all about moderation and making room for it in your calorie count.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Hostess cakes aren't vegetarian? Thankfully I don't like them, or I might have been in for a nasty surprise, but what's in them?

The filling is made from whipped pig fat. Or, so I have been told.

NO F*CKING WAY, really? Holys hit. That is disgusting. I really needed to hear this. I love Hostess cakes and now I really don't think I'm going to buy them anymore. Gross gross grossssss!!!!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hostess cakes aren't vegetarian? Thankfully I don't like them, or I might have been in for a nasty surprise, but what's in them?

The filling is made from whipped pig fat. Or, so I have been told.

but that's not meat...

Pretty sure that separating animal fat from said animal occurs after animal is dead. Don't vegetarians frown on animal by-products that can only be obtained by killing the animal?
  • Kaedemoon267
    Options
    I know how you feel. I never really noticed what people put into their carts until I changed what I bought. Now when I see someone with a cart full of crap I want to do an intervention! I know it's not my business but I cant help but to notice and feel sorry for them. It is cool though to occasionally see a family with healthy stuff in their cart! It's rare but it happens

Yes, I do on occasion buy and eat 'crap' myself but I don't buy a cart full of it. It's all about moderation and making room for it in your calorie count.

Ugh I know EXACTLY what you mean. When I see someone with a cart full of junk I want to do the same thing :/, but people have to want to help themselves first. Not my business, but I get so excited about all the changes I have made and healthier options I have discovered I want to share it with the world.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. We (my husband and I) were checking out. This is what we bought: diet soda (I drink 1/day, max), veggie bacon, coffee creamer (okay, not so good for you), asparagus, mushrooms, whole wheat English muffins and egg beaters.

The guy behind me plopped down two boxes of hostess cakes and four pints of ice cream.

I felt proud of what I was buying 'cause not too long ago, I'd have made a similar purchase as his (okay, not the hostess stuff 'cause it's not vegetarian, but something equally as bad).

Honey - you just pat yourself on the back and be proud of your choices. I sure would like some ice cream tho.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I typically buy 4 cartons of ice cream every weekend. I eat a pint a night, what's wrong with ice cream? Love my ice cream. Nom nom nom
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Totally get it. You're proud of yourself for making better choices than you used to, not judging the other guy. But I am the most happy of myself when I have a conveyor belt full of fresh veggies, fruit, dried beans, whole grains, maybe a bit of lean meat, etc. and at the end are two pints of ice cream or a fancy chocolate bar. The full fat, delicious kind. Heck yes that's all for me!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. We (my husband and I) were checking out. This is what we bought: diet soda (I drink 1/day, max), veggie bacon, coffee creamer (okay, not so good for you), asparagus, mushrooms, whole wheat English muffins and egg beaters.

The guy behind me plopped down two boxes of hostess cakes and four pints of ice cream.

I felt proud of what I was buying 'cause not too long ago, I'd have made a similar purchase as his (okay, not the hostess stuff 'cause it's not vegetarian, but something equally as bad).

I'd feel smug too, but I'd be the guy standing in line behind you.

Buying an abomination like veggie bacon and wasting money on whole wheat english muffins and egg beaters would make me lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXhJPey3i_A

ZOMG ice cream?

20120818_111004.jpg
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

I'd feel more smug if I were the guy behind you.

veggie 'bacon?' ugh. I'd rather lick the floor. and I try to eat ice cream daily.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Seriously? LOL... *sigh*
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Smug is the wrong word. She felt proud of herself for making healthy food choices.

And the guy was probably buying ice cream for a party or something. It happens.

Please let this end this thread.
  • lucy2021
    Options
    Don't worry about what others are saying that is negative. There are many of us out here that understand what you are saying because we have felt the same thing. Good for you for making better choices for yourself! I know I feel good when I realize that I have turned that corner in decision making. Keep looking forward!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My cart is veggies, fruits. Sometimes beans, oats, or rice. And sometimes fake sausages/burgers and buns.
    I feel pretty proud of myself when that's what my cart is full of.

That being said - I don't like to judge other peoples carts.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I bought 3lbs of broccoli, 2lbs of baby carrots, button mushrooms, a half gallon of skim milk, and a container of Tanimura lettuce last time I shopped and I moonwalked right past the halloween candies.

Yeah.

Only I gave in today and bought a cadbury screme egg.... it was okay.