Options

Replies

• Jamidi
    Jamidi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Are you banana's? I see a big difference... Keep it up
  • clbowman11
    Options
    I have been overweight ever since I can remember. Always the chubby one with the booda belly I had just lost hope in ever changing because i thought I never could. I have just recently got married to an incredible man who is a whopping 115 lbs! I more than doubled his size at 260! I have finally reached a point where I am mentally happy with my life and i just need the outside of me to match the happy, beautiful inside so I started MFP about 4 months ago and I am here now just about 40lbs light giver or take but the difference seems to be very little. Which as you can imagine will bring down someone who wants a change after working so hard for it.

4 months ago (embarassing!)
    250lbs-1.jpg

Now (not much difference) :(
    220lbs-1.jpg

there is a big difference. but try taking all your photos at equal distance from the mirror. i've noticed with mine that if you are standing closer ur look bigger so stand farther like your before photos and you will see it (:
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :happy: You look GREAT! Keep up the good work.
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard for us to see differences. And it takes the eyes of those who don't see you nearly as much. There is a pretty noticeable difference in your waist, face, and arms. keep up the good work, hon.
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    i can see a difference right under your chest!! really have a look at the photos again and be positive thats a great weight loss,keep going good luck with it:)
  • MerBear1FL
    Options
    Congrats on the 40 lbs lost. I definitely can see a difference in the pictures. I highly recommend that you take measurements every 2 weeks. I find that it helps with the motivation. It's one of my favorite things to see the changes in. A weird measurement that I take is from my belly button to the bottom on my stomach overhang. That measurement really shows the difference in my body changes!

Keep up the great work! :)
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    250 to 220 is a 30lb weight loss and I can totally see a difference! Your waist is a lot smaller! Good job on your weight loss so far!
  • GreyGav1130
    Options
    I see a big difference...well done and keep going:)
  • misskristy30
    Options
    I see a lot more definition in your waist! You look great!

Ditto! I hope I look that good at 220! Great job!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Pretty big difference, if you ask me. Great job!
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference, too! We usually can never see it on ourselves. We just see the fat, unfortunately. I still just see the fat that I still have and think that people are only looking at that even after losing 73 pounds. It's a work in progress and your mind will eventually catch up. Don't give up!
  • sylrog
    Options
    I see a difference in the size of your stomach big time. It just takes time, you are doing great.
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference!! I could tell from the frontal shot that your waist whittled in and the side shot you could tell the belly had gone down a lot!! BE proud of your accomplishment! You are farther than you were!

I'm hoping to get down to 40 pound mark in the next 6 weeks... I am stuck on 27. But I have lost a lot of inches.
  • Vickigebben
    Options
    You look soo much smaller . You just can't see it ! Keep going I agree switch other comment BIG change in waist,
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    BIG difference in your stomach, it shows significantly! Lately (-37lbs) is when more and more people have been noticing it on me and it feels awesome that other people see it when you think you don't see much of a difference. You always think that you look the same and feel "blah". I hit a plateau for several months, but always thought if i keep trying one day I'll finally move forward, and that day came and I'm back on the runaway train!
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference...keep up the hard work!
  • summergrl17
    summergrl17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Try putting on something that was tight 40 pounds ago. Is it still tight?

I've only lost 11 ponds so I'm really impressed with your 40 and I put on a pair of pants that I bought in June before I started losing weight. They were tight and I could barely get to the belt on. I put them on yesterday and they were baggy, I was able to pull them off without unbuttoning them and I had to use the last notch on the belt to keep them up. However, when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't see any changes - still look fat with a ginormous belly.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have also lost 40 pounds and feel the same as you. I started at 269, and my husband is a measly 140 (but weighs more than when we got married). Even if it doesn't look like a lot to you, I bet your body is so happy. I'm sure your clothes feel different (mine do... I'm right around 220).

If you ever want to chat, message me. I go through those days where it doesn't feel like anything too. A few months ago, at 245 and 24 pounds down, I started crying during *the act* because I just realized how big I really was and how long it was going to take. I definitely relate to that feeling.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Skipping to the end, so I'm probably repeating what other people have said, but it bears repeating. I started at 165, and seriously could not see a difference until I lost 20 lbs, and even after I could see a small difference, I still have days where I feel like I look the same. I've noticed it's worse naked; when I'm wearing my smaller, well-fitting clothing, I notice the difference a lot more.
    I'm not surprised you can't see a difference, but the rest of us can in your photos. My body didn't stay the same for pounds 1-19 and suddenly change when I hit 20; it just felt that way. I'm sorry you aren't feeling the results of your hard work yet, but that's normal, and at some point, it'll hit you. Hang in there!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    I felt the same way you did but you definitely see a difference!! Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!