Becoming one of "those" girls

Options

Replies

• ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You know.. the girls that you look at and wonder if you'll ever be that in shape.

The girls that you wonder if they stay that way naturally or they really have to work for it.

The girls that you look at and think there is no way you'll ever get down to that size.

The girls that can wear almost anything and still look good in it.

When losing weight, you wonder what it would be like not to have to worry about sucking in anymore, but think its impossible to achieve. You wonder what it would be like to just get something off the rack and not worry about if it fits good, because you know most likely it will. You wonder what it would be like for your thighs not to rub together when you are wearing a dress, bathing suit, or skirt..

These are the things I wondered when I didn't properly care of my body the way I should have.

My whole life I always enjoyed snacking and eating foods that taste good, never really restricting myself.

When I got to my teenage years I started being very self conscious but didn't really know of a way to lose weight so I would always just eat what I wanted. Thankfully, I never got too big since my mother always made comments, but I did get up to a size 13. I was probably pushing 165 at 5'4. This might not sound like that big, but it was big enough for people to call you fat and to have to worry about hiding back fat in certain shirts.

After highschool, my weight constantly went up and down. I did a ton of diets, used diet pills, always tried to think of the best easiest way to lose weight. Thankfully, over the years, all my failed attempts at dieting and gaining my weight back, I finally learned that it's not a sprint to lose weight, you have to do it at a steady pace.

I probably started losing weight again around August of last year.

When I first started getting back into the gym, there was this girl there everyday, and I always wondered what it would be like to be that skinny. I thought she looked great! Over the months, I took my weight loss slow and gradual. I promised myself I wouldn't weigh myself for several months. I remember around October I weighed myself and I was at 135. I was so excited! But I decided not to stop there, and just keep eating clean and go to the gym often. I hit a phase where nothing was coming off, but I was patient about it and didn't get discouraged..my weigh finally started coming off even more and it seemed to come off fast! I was down to about 128.

Eventually, one of the trainers at the gym noticed me and started making comments about joining his high intensity class. Finally, I agreed, that girl that I saw at the gym everyday that I thought looked great was also in that class. I joined MPF around this time as well.

I am now around 117 and wear a size 1/2. The girl that I thought was so skinny and I'd never look like her, now comments about how skinny I am and how she wants to be MY size. It's crazy to think about, really. Maybe one day I'll tell her she was my motivation. ;) I wanted to be "one of those girls".

MFP keeps my eating under control. There are days I get tired of watching what I eat and want to give up, everyday is still a struggle for me, it's hard to kick 23 years of bad eating habits, even though I've been doing better for almost a year now.

Moral of the story: Slow and steady wins the race :) It's a lifetime commitment, not just a diet.

And now for pics:

**edit to say I don't really have photos of me at the full 165, because I didn't take many photos, and if I did they are not online.

189010_4423329267_3756_n.jpg
    Me on the right at about 160

5890_118264619267_1068280_n.jpg

2680_68644859267_1546111_n.jpg

15844_188351414267_3266697_n.jpg

Now days:

282725_10150934130189268_1968701831_n.jpg

536516_10150934132709268_317658428_n.jpg

479708_10150908606134268_1466428252_n.jpg

Now I like to smile in all my photos :)

Thanks for reading!

if this is not motivation then idk what is! great job
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, it made me pretty emotional. Seriously motivating.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Great job. your story is so inspiring.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I agree with some of the other posts...your story sounds like mine...although I'm at the beginning of my journey, thank you for sharing your story, I know I can one day be one of those girls too...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    damn this is a good post! thanks for sharing!
  • nmazahearti
    nmazahearti Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Wonderful job!
  • BethanyTL
    Options
    You're post made me cry with tears of hope. Thank you for sharing :)
  • xoyasminxo
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!! WOW!
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for this! Way to go! You look awesome!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Awesome story.. And wonderful message! Thank you for posting it! ♥

You look fabulous! :)

I, too, will be one of "those girls". ;)
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look a bit like Kristen Cavillari from The Hills/Laguna Beach!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, its amazing and you LOOK FANTASTIC. You should be so proud of yourself. Honestly, awesome job. Its stories like I love to read as when you struggling for motivation you remember things like this.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    You look amazing! I can't wait to become one of those girls too. :D
  • agolien
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing!!! Great Job
  • tkbronico
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! I wish I'd had your attitude when I was younger. I fear at 39 and after 2 kids it's too late for me :cry: My body is OK, but my tummy will NEVER be flat again :ohwell:

Very well done, you look stunning! :flowerforyou:
    [/quot

It's never too late... I too had all but given up! At 41 I weighed 154 ( more than when I delivered any of my 3 children) and would have kept gaining I'm sure. I decided to finally do something about it. I started mild workouts in May, and in June kicked up my workouts and changed my eating. At my weigh in Friday I was 128.8 and hit 25 pounds lost. It wasn't easy, but well worth it'
  • neon8919
    Options
    You are an inspiration, I want to be one of "those girls" and knowing that you could get there renews my spirit!!

Hopefully I can post a thread just like this within the next year!

Keep up the good work, you look great!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You've always been beautiful, now you look happy and are so darned CUTE! Great work!
  • sc1234
    sc1234 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Amazing! shows what hard work and commitment can do.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump bump
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In the after photos of you in the black dress and in the white shorts...you kind of look like Kristin Cavalari! You're beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!