40 lbs gone but very little difference :/

Options

Replies

• jaimiefj
    jaimiefj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First of all you look great, you have done so well.

But even if you can't see that for yourself, the scales don't lie and that 40lbs you have lost has to be good for you whether you can realise the difference or not, go to the gym and try and pick up a 40lb weight. It will make you realise what you have accomplished and spur you on for more.

Good luck,

Jx
  • njauatin
    njauatin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are being hard on yourself, I see a huge difference.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You might not see it since you look at yourself in the mirror everyday but difference is huge,
    You look soooo much better
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I see a difference. That said, I was also disappointed at the results of losing my first 40. It wasn't until I had lost over 50 that I really saw a difference in my shape, which was very recently. Now I see a really big difference, it almost seemed to happen overnight.

Edit And why is my ticker saying 11 pounds lost? Wth? I must've put my weight in wrong the other day! Fixed. Had to update my ticker, it decided I was back in the 220s, I guess!
  • clarkehn
    clarkehn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do see a difference! You are solely focusing on your stomach which is a trouble area for most and one of the last places to see weight loss. Next time take full body pictures and you will see more of a difference. I carry most of my weight in my mid section but I noticed the first/most change in my hips, legs, arms, and face/neck.

Alot of people get discouraged because they want to loose weight in their midsection and that doesn't happen immediately. Keep up what you are doing and it will come off just give it time.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Didn't read thru the whole thread, so might have already been said. I see a bit of a difference, but you should google "visceral fat." That's probably more what you lost up until now. It's the best kind of fat to lose because it's the most dangerous.

Be proud of your accomplishments. The fat we want to lose most is the last fat to go. Keep it up!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    You look great! It may not look like a lot, but you look a lot more toned, and I think that's a good thing!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has already been said, but there's DEFINITELY a big difference. Your body looks trimmer/more defined, and you're wearing underwear which is too small for you :P Switch to a different size and you'll notice your body looking better!
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference. Remember that when you lose weight it's not from just one area. You lose it from all over. You're doing really well. Keep it up.
  • nancylucbrown
    nancylucbrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    don't give up I just lost 10 lbs and keep reminding myself that is 10 lbs of butter--and you have lost 40 lbs of butter. I keep aiming for another 5 lbs--doesnt seem so diffficult to do if you focus on 5 at a time
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    I see a difference in your side poses and what about clothes? Do your clothes feel different? Loose?
    Keep up the good work :)
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    oh dear, there is a huge difference check the pictures ...yes it is very hard for us to see the difference. Get the measuring tape out and you will see that is the only way I see the difference .We are so use to seeing ourselves big and it takes awhile before we start realizing that we have lost weight...example yesterday I put on a new sweater and I looked in the mirror and I looked huge I decided to go and show my husband how it looked and he just could not stop saying how much smaller I was and he said wow you really have lost a lot of weight...and here I thought I looked so fat in it..our eyes play tricks on us.....continue you are defenitley on the right track congrats:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Krissi921
    Krissi921 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I totally can see a difference! You are doing a fantastic job! Keep it up!
  • tuxbabe
    Options
    WOW!!!!! you go girl!!!! there is a BIG difference in pics. keep it going
  • eggfooyumyum
    eggfooyumyum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What? There is a huge difference! The after pictures show a curvy figure w/ proportions. Really well done, keep it up!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I see a difference too. Do you feel the difference at all?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,178 Member
    Options
    You may think it is little, but it is an obvious change, and I personally think a big one. Take measurements as they will show more of what is happening. BTW, your progress is great, keep going.
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow I see a great difference.... Listen every time we make a change in how we look, act, feel it takes time for our brain to really catch up to what has is happening... Mpeople who have been thin all their lives and then gain weight sometimes don't see themselves as fat (that was me until I saw some pictures and was like that is what I really look like). The same is true for people who have been overweight all their lives -- they just dont see the smaller them... Keep going i bet you feel great! Thanks for sharing
  • Taneil27
    Options
    Are you kidding? There is a HUGE difference! You look amazing, keep it up!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You may not see a difference, but I sure do! Look at your waist - you have one now! We all tend to get bogged down in seeing our own problems. You need to step back and assess your body as if you were looking at someone else's. You are really doing great - 40 pounds! Celebrate that and remind yourself you are not only looking better, you probably feel better, have more energy, and are getting healthier every day! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!