40 lbs gone but very little difference :/

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Lonestarlesa
    Lonestarlesa Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In 2008 I lost 130 pounds. The first portion of that weight loss I could not "see" what everyone else saw. Part of the reason was that For about the first 20-40 pounds I could still fit into my same clothes.
    I read that larger clothes have a larger "fitting" range. Like a 10-15 pound spread in each direction...so you would almost have to lose 30 pounds if you were busting out of a shirt to have it hanging on you...but as you go down in your sizes...that range is less.

So it only takes like a 5-10 pound range for a size 10..so if you gain 5 pounds you could actually have to go up a size (if you were in the middle at the "just fit" range.

I don't know if that is true..but it seemed to be true to my fittings...

Now I have gained back a lot of my weight, and am working again to get it gone...whew...wish I had just never stopped and would of just kept going!

Keep going sister....don't stop...it does all work for your good!
  • 170to110
    Options
    there's a huuuuuge difference! you;re just so used to your body that you just dont see it! You'll have a nice slim waist for sure! Keep going and don't give up!
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sure looks like a big difference to me! You're getting there!:flowerforyou:
  • jeet1966
    jeet1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference, you are smaller over all and your waist has shrunk! Celebrate your loss and don't stop! Great start!!
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You are right! I would still go in the large size clothing departments, even after I lost from Size 1X to 12-14's! My brain had to catch up with my body!
  • rubixcube1974
    rubixcube1974 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    FIRST ALL.... Props to posting those pics. I see a difference. Keep up the good work. YOu may not see much yet, but inside, I bet your BMI has come down and if you are doing any cardio I bet your resting heart rate has dropped. If your not doing cardio, (disclaimer: check with your doctor first) Get on it girl!! Find your target heart rates.
    220- AGE=R
    R x 60%=
    R x 70%=
    Get that HR into your 60-70% and I be the weight will start coming off quickly

Keep up the great work!
  • Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Inspired!
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i see a huge difference here and maybe u can feel the difference, even if u cant see it for yourself.
    u should be proud of yourself for what you've achieved...well done & keep on going! all the best to u for the rest of your weight loss journey :happy:
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    there is a difference and its amazing! you've taken on the decision to better your life. dont quit and you will see more and more changes as the time goes by and it will absolutely amazing :) Dont give up on yourself!

I remember taking a picture at 35lbs down (I called them "done" pounds because they were DONE) and not seeing a big difference and feeling deflated because I thought I would've looked a lot smaller by the changes in how I felt I thought I would look amazingly different and as I kept going the changes on the inside started showing more and more on the outside and now I'm addicted to those changes and seeing how good I can make my body look.

It will happen, just whatever you do, keep going :)
  • phil412
    phil412 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference! You are doing great, girl!! Kudos to you and keep it up!
  • emmyanne89
    emmyanne89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is a difference for sure! Just stay motivated and you will continue to get results :) And my hubby is super skinny too it sucks that he weighs less than me its embarrassing so definetly relate w/ you on that aspect! Keep up the good work you will get there soon enough!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!