Is Insanity a "shortcut"?

Options
12346»

Replies

• JuanCarloss
    Options
    insanity helped me lose my 47 lbs in about 3-4 months. Its a very fun work out tbh. It might be difficult at first, but its worth it! :wink:
    18699882.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • dawnal1028
    dawnal1028 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Insanity is hard on your knees.
    I do not think it is a "quick fix" You aren't going to do Insanity and all of a sudden have a great body or lose a lot of weight. You have to be eating right at the same time and then continue to exercise.
    I dont think there are any shortcuts, and I dont really think your friend knows what she is talking about.
    I did insanity. It was a bit hard on my knees, so I wont be doing it agian although I may add some of the workouts in with my P90x cardio days.

I wish I could do Insanity. But my first try of it killed my knees. I wish I could do it...we have a group of teachers after school who are starting Insanity workouts again tomorrow. But it's not worth killing my joints. My admiration to those of you who are able to do this VERY tough workout program!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Soooo if the same person who is using insanity as a short cut were to instead go out and run for 35 minutes a day, would that be a short cut?

Insanity is high impact aerobics basically. That's hard on your joints. Anytime you leave the ground it's not so happy for your hips and knees. You know kinda the way running without a knee braces causes days of limping for me.
  • JMull1977
    Options
    Not quite sure that your friend has given an accurate representation of what Insanity is all about.

There are sprinters and marathon runners who train using the HIIT (high-intensity interval training) method, and I seriously doubt that they are taking a "shortcut".

The movement of low-impact exercises like elliptical trainers and others have made it to where a little joint pain is frowned upon.

I am a person who has had two knee surgeries and still battles with weak ankle joints and bone spurs in my ankles and I have done Insanity. Were my joints sore the day after doing an Insanity workout...........the first few weeks, you're damn right. My knees and ankles were both stiff and sore. The beauty was that after the first few weeks, I noticed that my body adapted, grew stronger, grew more resilient and the joint stiffness/soreness time became shorter and shorter.

Insanity is not a "shortcut". Try it for a few weeks, and you'll notice that it's one of the more challenging "shortcuts" you'll ever do. It's like having a gaping wound, and complaining that the path to the hospital that goes through the salt water lake is a "shortcut".