anyone given up bread?

Options
124»

Replies

• dannigirl1
    Options
    i myself love eating bread mostly Italian bread and even though i know its bad its hard to give up but one way in which i did start to give it up is now i am away from home at school eating dining hall food and there is no good bread around here so i have kind of had to give it up but i know once it gets to the holiday season bread is a big part of my family holiday meals.
  • sanaa4560
    Options
    hi Guys the topic is quite intresting..so thought of putting my opinion ..well i have almost stopped eating a bread..like m only eating 1 toast a day...means no fuel for my body..coz carbs are fuel for your body...but let me mention here as i stopped eating bread i always feel weak and always have pain in my whole body... it is worse today :(
  • rydersgrammy1
    Options
    I have tried but its not going to happen....
    I have been trying different things to help my Fibromalgia... I have went gluten free for a month. No surgar. No grains...
    But the only diet that has helped me is by not eating anything in the nightshade family...(potatoes- eggplant-bell peppers)
    I usually only eat 1 Pc of rye or sourdough bread daily...
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, there. I gave up bread three weeks ago. Actually, anything with gluten (wheat, barley, oats). And I cut down on carbs a fair amount. The intention was to see if it affects my arthritis pain. I haven't yet noticed a reduction of arthritis pain, but almost immediately I noticed that my stomach was a lot more settled. I eat rice and quinoa as starch, and corn torillas. I didn't eat much bread before this, so it wasn't a huge challenge for me.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    hi Guys the topic is quite intresting..so thought of putting my opinion ..well i have almost stopped eating a bread..like m only eating 1 toast a day...means no fuel for my body..coz carbs are fuel for your body...but let me mention here as i stopped eating bread i always feel weak and always have pain in my whole body... it is worse today :(

I also get carbs from other things though.
    Brown rice, vegetables, sweet potato, oatmeal.
    You should try it :)
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Mine is wheat toast and bagels. I do the multi grain thins and that seems to help. To be honest I try not to do too many carbs like pasta or bread or then I seem crave them more. I have not given up bread though just made different choices like tortillas, bagel thins ect. I still have to watch the raisin cinnamon bagel thins.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    i lost 52lbs with whole wheat bread included in my diet... i will never give up bread..
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    There is no chance in hell that I will give up bread! I may go several days without it, but bread is my staple food for sammiches it's super-yummy!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I very rarely eat bread. But I never was much of a fan to begin with. I think white bread is disgusting!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Paleo for about five weeks. Although, I have my bites here and there, I'm not supposed to. It is tough, but I am becoming more and more dedicated, Once I can make some coconut/almond flour bread, I will be fine. :) It's expensive though, so it will definitely only been on special occasions. Since starting Paleo, I've felt great with a ton of energy, I sleep better, and my skin is much clearer.Plus, I'm losing weight much quicker :) I think the rewards outweigh the temporary happiness that bread gives me. :) It has been an interesting start to a lifestyle change.

Well said^^^

We only say "I will never give up" this or that when we do not desire results like you have experienced more.

I achieved the same results without eliminating bread, so why bother?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten and wheat intolerant so, yeah... I've given it up. I could get gluten free bread, but at $8 a loaf, I think I'll pass. I may start baking my own some day, but I don't have space in my macro for it. I eat too many veggies.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb, I will eat bread on occassion but try to limit my intake. I have gone months with no bread and had no ill effects. It is something I do miss but it hasnt caused me any hardships.
    Give it a try and see what happens
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Paleo for about five weeks. Although, I have my bites here and there, I'm not supposed to. It is tough, but I am becoming more and more dedicated, Once I can make some coconut/almond flour bread, I will be fine. :) It's expensive though, so it will definitely only been on special occasions. Since starting Paleo, I've felt great with a ton of energy, I sleep better, and my skin is much clearer.Plus, I'm losing weight much quicker :) I think the rewards outweigh the temporary happiness that bread gives me. :) It has been an interesting start to a lifestyle change.

Well said^^^

We only say "I will never give up" this or that when we do not desire results like you have experienced more.

I achieved the same results without eliminating bread, so why bother?

My problem is that once I start eating it, it is VERY difficult for me to stop at just 1 or 2 slices, often if I have "one" slice I will end up eating 10-12. I don't necessrily want to give it up for weight loss purposes, but just because bingeing on it makes me feel crap in general, very sick and bloated. Rice, sweet potato, etc are fine though.
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    I have started eating the Healthy Life 35 calories a slice bread, I also tried the Flatout light wraps which are great and I use the flour tortillas that are about 40 calories each for sandwich wrap alternatives, tacos, and even making pizzas too. I even got my hubby eating the healthy low calorie bread, maybe there is hope for him as well. lol
  • dodihere
    Options
    I might eat bread once a week. I dont miss it at all. Add lettuce or spinach to the guts of a sandwich as a "filler". Pass on the the bread/rolls when you eat dinner. I will eat it as a treat like a cinnamon roll.
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't had bread in 3.5 weeks. Feels good not to consume those excess carbs :)
  • brittanyjarz
    brittanyjarz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried to give up on bread... but that did not last very long. I try to just eat something small in the morning that way I am not craving it through out the day.. Just keep drinking water . I tend to do that when I am feeling an urge coming on . Hope that helps.