T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team: Join us!

Replies

• Marking thread
  • Still here.... just being quiet...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Thought I would check in before heading to bed to watch tonight episode of the biggest loser...

Have had a busy last couple days. Yesterday I walked 6 miles, today I walked 7. I cant tell if my feet are sore or if they are just tired, but the good news is that the rest of me feels great. No more sore hips or back. Stretching seems to be helping, but I usually stretch after and not before since I dont think of it until after Im done.

Well within calories with my longs walks.. been eating lots of salads for lunch this week since it was on sale..(woohoo!).

Anita (or anyone else here on the team).. if you get lonely or bored, feel free to give me a call. Since my guy is gone I get bored too!! Im usually up pretty late.. until at least 11ish pacific time which runs I think 2 hours behind ya. Im a night owl and I always have my cell phone handy. My phone number is in my facebook profile and if any of ya get bored ya are welcome to call me and shoot the breeze.... :0) I have free long distance, so I could even call back if thats an issue for ya.. :0) For all you newbies here, alot of us are keeping up with eachother on facebook as well so if you have facebook, let us know so we can add ya as a buddy there too!

See ya tomorrow!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Thanks Cyndi.. Just might do that.. Actually I'm in Nevada so I am on your same time zone..

Today seems to be a better day... Dang I am so co-dependent on my husband it sucks..

Good news is I am down, I mean really down... I love that Wii ... its a fun way to exercise and I feel good afterwards..

Still not able to eat a lot.. I am actually not even eating all that I am logging, I have a few bites and then my stomach feels icky.. But I am trying to make myself eat this yogurt...

I can't believe how much you have been walking... Just crazy... But good for you...

Well off to work now..

Anita
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Hello, and welcome new teamies!
    I just enrolled in a program at my gym today, it's called Thin & Healthy Solutions, or something like that. Anyway, they help plan out your meals, and depending on your BMI and all that jazz, custom design a workout regimen to best benefit you. I'm pretty excited about it! Will let you know how it goes, the food looks doable, nothing gross, except cottage cheese!
    Hope you're all having a good week!
  • LosingIt4good
    LOL Dwary.... cottage cheese=gross! haha! I dont like it much either. I like it with peaches, of all things, and thats about it AND it has to be really cold and the peaches have to be cold too. Its just one of those wierd things I picked up from my ex husband.... :o/
    Good for you on the program! Definitely let us know what they have you do and stuff.

Right now, my BMI is teetering on the edge of 29 & 30. Makes me mad, since I was doing so good before, but Oh-well...live and learn! I know once I get the remaining 7 I have left off that I gained back, I sure as heck dont want to have to keep "re-losing" the same 10lbs over and over again. I think this time I have a good handle on things tho....less stress, less stuff going on... more of doing the outside stuff that I want to do. I liked the gym before, but it got old fast, so Im happy to have things I can do OUTSIDE of the gym.

I love the wii also Anita, but it is a last resort exercise for me (which happens frequently since I live in a super wet climate...LOL)

As for the miles, I know its crazy! I remember last year walking 2.5-3 miles and feeling good, but the longer walks really make a big difference. I dont mind being sore and I love to be outside whenever it IS finally sunny.... makes a big difference in keeping my spirits up... :0)

Today was an off day for me, no workout. Ate within calories and all that tho. Tomorrow I am back on the trail with Diego... he is doing great today so I think that particular long walk is good for him also. I have to be careful taking him on too long of walks because of his previous back injury.
  • Hello everyone,

My name is Elana and I have been on MFP since January 4th. My sw is 262 and my gw is 175. So far I have lost 12 pounds. I started exercising for 30 minutes very other day this week (I did it on Monday and today.) I am very excited to be losing weight and making an active move to lose the weight that I haw been talking about losing for years. I tend to flip flop sizes because I am either extremely active or unactive. My weight loss started in August when I weighed over 280 pounds. I truly enjoy counting my calories and seeing how much what I eat effects my weight. I am extremly motivated to reach my goal. I want to be able to wear a two piece swimsuit on the cruise my parents are taking me on when I graduate college. I hope this group will do ke some good :) I've never done anything like this before.

So how does this work? I post my weight on Fridays? And do we have any challenges as a group? I'm very interested in that!
  • LosingIt4good
    Hello everyone,

My name is Elana and I have been on MFP since January 4th. My sw is 262 and my gw is 175. So far I have lost 12 pounds. I started exercising for 30 minutes very other day this week (I did it on Monday and today.) I am very excited to be losing weight and making an active move to lose the weight that I haw been talking about losing for years. I tend to flip flop sizes because I am either extremely active or unactive. My weight loss started in August when I weighed over 280 pounds. I truly enjoy counting my calories and seeing how much what I eat effects my weight. I am extremly motivated to reach my goal. I want to be able to wear a two piece swimsuit on the cruise my parents are taking me on when I graduate college. I hope this group will do ke some good :) I've never done anything like this before.

So how does this work? I post my weight on Fridays? And do we have any challenges as a group? I'm very interested in that!

Welcome to the group Elana!

It sounds like you have some great goals to reach for and are well on your way to getting there!! Keep up the good work!!
    This group weighs in on Fridays. Usually we start a new thread, but Im thinking unless someone else wants to do it this week, we will just leave it since there hasnt been much activity here.

As for Challenges, I think the only one we have going right now is a Valentines day challenge. Some of us picked a number back at the beginning of January and are shooting for that goal... you keep track each week how close you are to reaching that goal. Its totally up to you which number you choose or if you participate in the challenges and of course, anyone is welcome to throw out new challenges for everyone! :0)
  • LosingIt4good
    Got a 4 mile walk outside and 30 minutes of strength training in on the wii.... now my arms are as wobbly (sore) as my legs.. LOL
    Feels good tho!! Its been a while since they have felt a really good strength training session!

Off to bed, its late and If the weather is nice tomorrow, Im definitely taking advantage of the trail again.
  • Thanks for the welcome and hi all! I'm so excited to share my weight today lol I suppose since I lost and didn't gain! My CW is 248.4, I'm almost at the weight I'd previously been lying to myself and saying I was!

Yesterday I worked out at my university's gym. I figure I pay so much to have use of the gym might as well. And now I can't wait to go back! I love the elliptical trainer and I got much more of a workout there than when I ride my airdyne at home. I'm pumped and excited to continue with my weight loss. I only wonder to myself why I never had the motivation before. I think at some point i just got tired of walking up the stairs and being out of breath, not being able to run around with the kids I work with and not being able to shop at any of the young fashionable stores. I say to everyone keep the end in sight and keep trying for your goals one day at a time and know that like all good things, change doesn't occur overnight! You won't just wake up thin because you've been dreaming about it for months. But if you keep that dream in sight and work to achieve it, you can!! :) Hope everyone has a great productive day.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Sorry I have not been on the last week. My husband got sever virtigo and pretty much was like a baby and needed 24/ 7 care for a couple of days. No exercise this week, not enough water, not enough sleep. well, not making my mini goal of under 200 by Feb 1 but I am okay with that. will update my goals to be 189 lbs by March 1.

Starting Weight - Dec 1 - 215
    Current Weight - Jan 29 - 202
    Goal Weight by March 1 - 189 lbs
    Final Goal Weight by Dec 1 - 125 maintained
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Good Morning......

Nitag - SW 230/GW 150/CW 198 = LOSS OF 3 LBS
  • kstefanski
    kstefanski Posts: 68 Member
    kstefanski - SW: 200, GW: 135, CW 159.2 = 1 lb gain

Great job to Nitag for a stupendous 3 lb loss!!

I am not doing so hot lately. I have been just staying steady around 160 for a LONG time, and it's getting pretty annoying. I have hit plateaus before, but this one is just hitting my motivation hard, and it's tough for me to keep going with my exercise and eating plan. I'm back at school, and I'm busy, so I'm really worried that I'm going to be so busy that I'm going to put this off until the summer and I'll just gain back everything I worked so hard to get off. I'll keep going for as long as I can, and I hope this little slump won't stay around forever.
  • LosingIt4good
    Losingit4good ~SW 254/ GW 200/ CW 217.5= Loss 1.9lbs

For the Valentines Day Challenge

Losingit4good~ SW 222/GW 211/CW 217.5= 4.9lbs lost so far

My youngest daughters allergies are horrible and she woke up this morning with her face all swollen and broke out. We've been dealing with this for several weeks now and Ive had her into the dr a couple different times. Anyway, she asked if she could stay home today because she was too embarassed. and the kids tease her... poor kid! (it just makes me so mad!) It turns out today was reward day at school for kids who have no missing assignments and no grades below a C and she would have gotten to do that So instead, today we are heading to Ulta to get her set up with some goodies for her face, then taking her to lunch.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Silly me! I didn't do my weight entry right sorry! SW: 250.8 GW: 175 CW:248 = loss of 2.8 pounds
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Good almost weekend all you lovely ladies. I am sorry that your poor daughter is having such a bad time with allergys Losingit4good. Nitag great job on the 3 pound loss, Ewill12 welcome to the group and Kstefenski hang in there because I think you and I have hit the same wall :grumble: But dont undo all the hard work you have put into it already. I keep getting stuck but what the heck better stuck than gaining.
    kstefanski - SW: 200, GW: 135, CW 159.2 = 1 lb gain
    Guidosgal-SW224 CW184 GW have not decided yet. (stuck stuck stuck) :sad:

I say that I have not decided on a goal yet because I keep changing my mind I first thought that I would shoot for 174 then figured on 164 then changed it to 155. and now that I am stuck I think that maybe I just need to matain this weight. Who knows I guess when I get there I will know.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hey,
    sorry I missed the weigh in yesterday. Life's been a bit busy here. I'm doing well with the two yoga classes and I can really see how much stronger I am getting in my upper body. In other news I have decided to take a year off of teaching to make a stab at something else. I have been working on a novel for three years and it very close to being ready to submit. Its already finished but there is polishing to do. After that I'm looking at getting an agent. So I'm only writing next year. I think that I can defiantly finish the second book in the trilogy and get a good start in on the third. So that is what I have been up too. Any how here are the stats:

SW198, GW 130, CW 165= 3lbs loss!!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Cindy I need your number to call you. I need a HUGE swift kick in the you know what!!! I have bad back pain since Jan 4th. Over Dec 31-Jan3 I was on my laptop for hours and hours playing while my son was sleeping beside me recovering from surgery. Well on Jan 4th I woke up with my shoulders hurting me and the bottom of my neck/top of my back hurting from my head lookng down at the laptop. It has hurt me since. Daily I am in so much pain. I think with the fibromyalgia it is taking longer to heal. Finally a week ago I started going to the chiropractor to try to help. It helps a little for a day then back to the same crap. Soooo needles to say I am feeling sorry for myself and not doing anything but sitting on my fat butt with a heating pad and boredom eating. I've gained weight, I can feel it , I've not been weighing cause I don't wanna cry. I haven't been on here in almost 2 weeks. I've read all the posts and the new gals seem great. I liked the upbeat Alicia and hope to see her more.

Nita I totally understand your loneliness. When I first left my husband I was a mess because I was still in love with him and didn't want the divorce, I just wanted him to know I meant business that things had to change. I couldn't eat or sleep, everything I ate made my stomach hurt. I had 4 kids at home and should have never been that lonely but I was lonely as hell. It does take time to get used to it but you have goals to look forward to. At least you KNOW you get to see him and be back with him, so switch your thinking from "I am lonely and I am mising him" to " WOW i get to go see him for Valentines Day and we will have wild animal nookie and get to go places and see new things" You've already started thinking that way with getting your nails done and hair done. Do a count down to your trip to see hm so that each day you will get more and more excited at how close it is getting instead of how sad you are that he is gone. Your hubby is probably as miserable as you are that that is why he is moody, so if you can be upbeat and planning ahead about seeing him, instead of being sad and telling him how much you miss him while on the phone it might help out his mood. I bet he is missing you and worried about how you are doing and if you can show him you are ok and looking forward to seeing him with being upbeat it will releive some pressure off him.

Manda good luck with your writing. What kind of books are you writting? You will have to let us know the titles so we can buy them when they are published and help you make money LOL

Kelly, (pawprint) Yes you have been quiet, are you doing ok? Anything you want to talk about. I'd love to chat with you on facebook if you need to talk. You know I am on there alot. I had to live with my in laws for 8 months with 2 kids and it was hard as hell so I know some of what you are going through and I'd love to talk with you and try to help. HUGS

Adopt, Your life is so darn busy!! An exchange student too are you crazy??? Where is the student from? You might not get to the gym but I bet you get lots of excercise running after those boys all day. Don' beat yourself up. Take the kids for a walk...you'll wear them out and get some excercise too.

I feel like MFP has brought me a lot of new friends and I love you all. I wish we all lived close enough to have a girls day out once a month!! Hopefully I can get my butt in gear too. I truely want to lose the weight but I don't keep it forfront in my brain so I get to the end of the day and say OH MAN I forgot to check in and to log my food and I have blown it...maybe tomorrow but tomorrow has never come. I'll keep trying.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    I am writing a fantasy trilogy right now and I call it Raven's flight but that might change if I get it published. I will definitely keep you posted on the progress. Book one is written and in the polishing stage, book two is half written and book three is in idea/outline stage. So I have a lot to get accomplish hence that year off to really give it the chance to fly. Thanks for the encouragement. I wishe everyone had the opportunity to really go for something crazy just because they love it.
  • SW 149, GW 130, CW 136= -1.2