Funny things you notice as you lose weight

Options

Replies

• sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I thought I found a growth between my neck and chest. Turns out, it's just my collar bone!
    :laugh:

I'm unwilling to buy a whole new summer wardrobe at the end of the season (a whole lot can happen before next June) so I had to buy a belt to keep my shorts from pooling around my ankles. Somewhere in the past few months, I misplaced my *kitten*.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This a pg rated thread?? lol
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I was laying in bed recently on my Tummy reading my computer. My hubby comes in to have me check out ebay auction. He laid half his body his legs on his part of the bed and used his elbow to prop up his upper torso of his body using my rear end to support himself with his elbow. The weight of his elbow digging into me actually hurt me and I said "ouch" and he said "what has happened to my cushy rear end pillow its gone! He said "I have leaned my elbow and laid like this before to look at your computer and I use to be able to see the computer screen and now I can't see it like I did before.He laughed and said "His cushy pillow was gone" He had to sit up to look at the computer. He is always commenting the size of my hips have gone down in inches a lot. I liked the size of my hips before and so did he. I would have preferred the fat leaving first in other more critical areas of my body like Tummy, thighs. OH well I am just grateful the excess inches are leaving. This is my NSV that I have noticed and it has only been 20 lbs I have a long way to go yet and reading the comments posted here is encouraging. :smile:
  • InezRny
    InezRny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel taller! how the heck is that possible. It's almost as if someone pulled me straight up and others have started to take notice at that. The towel also wraps around better like some have mentioned, and my feet have shrunk! My shoes are all loose now and I LOVE MY SHOES! :/
  • Usakoneko
    Options
    Rollercoaster seats! I don't feel like I'm stuffing myself into them anymore (unless I ride a kiddie ride, which is a whole different story XD)!
  • juliedee6
    juliedee6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lacing up my shoes without having to expell all my breath and then holding it.
  • OlsenG318
    Options
    So I just started to lose weight a couple months ago. I wasnt even fitting inside my bigest pants that I had just bought at the time (size 36's). 2 months later, my 36's are starting to be a bit loose to the point where my pants bunch up (a little) when I put on the belt. Cant wait to be back in my 32's.

^THIS^

Doing my best to get back to square pants (32x32)
  • banks89202
    Options
    smaller bra ? lol!!
  • PatWasHere
    Options
    When taking my pants off, I don't have to undo my pant button anymore. Just undo the belt and they all fall right off!
  • Ozmate
    Options
    Being able to tie my shoelaces without losing my breath from being constricted!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Having people not recognize me, and or having to take a second glance saying "is that really you?" and thats even after having a child, seven months ago :happy:
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump for later. I'm still ROFL about the chair. :laugh:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Walking my kids to/from school and being able to power walk that dang hill (when I tried to run it, it kicked my shin and laughed at me).

Random things bouncing off my butt instead of thudding against it. (usually a child's head because they weren't paying attention and I stopped moving forward).

Being able to effectively parent because my kiddies know that I can follow through with whatever I say I'm going to do. ("Don't make me carry you through this restaurant!!" or "I can always carry you by your ankles if you don't want to walk :devil:")

Not only being able to tie my shoes without holding my breath... but being able to pull them up next to me to tie them while carrying a conversation, being flexible like I was when I was in elementary school, and being able to shave my legs quickly while balancing on one foot - and no longer having to make a mental note to shave my calf muscles differently than I did for the first 25 years of my life.
    DO IT / TO IT!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    At work I'm standing right up to the table and working close to my body now instead have of having to stand back a bit because there was too much belly in the way. Ive had to readjust my stance at a cutting board...and it's easier on my back!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I look down and see my boobs and then my feet. No more belly sticking out!

I also took the bra extender out of my bra. For me having to use that was the most embarrasing thing. Now its gone!

My socks no longer leave red rings around my ankles at the end of the day!

My work shirts are way too big and even my boss noticed (unfortunately our company only allots you 3 per year and you cannot buy additional ones so I either have to dust off my sewing skills to take them in or have to wait till Dec. to stop wearing tents to work!).

Replacing the way too big clothing in my closet with the clothes I used to wear 3 years ago that were too small/tight and hidden away in my suitcase for "someday, oneday"!
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit in a booth at a restaurant again.
    Keep having to add more holes to my belt to keep my pants up.
    No longer have to struggle to get out of a chair.
    Tons more energy...stamina/endurance
    Sex drive through the roof (my poor wife haha)
    People asking how are you losing it.
    The steering wheel is back to its original position!
    Can easily bend over and tie my shoes without fighting to breathe.
    More space on my side of the bed!
    Im sure there's alot more Im forgetting...
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Easier fit into the airplane seat and the seatbelt actually needed to be tightened a tiny bit. What a releif, because when I flew a few months ago I almost couldn't get the seatbelt buckled. I was amazed at the difference since I've only lost 12 lbs.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love these comments! what a good topic.
    I feel taller! how the heck is that possible.

Me too!!! I realized I was surprised when I'd see my reflection in mirrors and shop windows when I glance over while walking by. Who is that woman? My mom? I seemed so much taller. Maybe my posture is better, but I think most of it is that since there is less of me horizontally, the vertical is emphasized.

Certainly didn't expect a dissonance between my new reflection and the my self-image! Also, my wrist, knees and elbows are smaller when I cup them in my hand.

Haven't seen this one here yet: my bra size has gone down - from 38C to 36B. I like looking less chesty, but I'm sad to see how small my girls are getting! :) Oh well, less to jiggle when I run! :laugh: Now, what do I do with the old bras that still have life in them? I guess I could try adjusting the straps - sew them shorter. Then there are the 7 pairs of undies that are far from too worn, yet really hang on me. (And the my new replacements undies are so cute and so much smaller! :) What do I do with old ones. I hate to throw them away, but really, you can't donate them can you.?

It takes longer to shop for clothes: One reason: I care more about how I look so I take longer making sure the look is good when I try clothes on. But more time consuming while shopping is trying to figure out what size I am now! Kinda frustrating. I have to take three or more sizes of a given article of clothing.

My hair, nails, skin, face all look better now - I chalk it up to better nutrition and drinking more water. My feet are the exception. All the running, stair climbing and walking I've been doing has generated quite the set of calluses. I don't bother to try and get rid of them though. They protect me from blisters when I work out.

Been doing lots more legg strengthening workouts. The other day I had to get up off my chair in a hurry for somthing and goodness, felt as if I was nearly launching myself into space! Or at least up to the ceiling!

This is a fun list to make. Looking forward to seeing more from others.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Being able to tie my shoelaces without losing my breath from being constricted!

^^^This
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My mom has stopped making passive aggressive comments about my weight.